GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

11-09-2015, 12:25 PM   #1
derpimpkar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

VIR Charity Laps

anyone get a vid from the BMW performance driving school M3 that was doing hot laps? I heard he was taking the uphill S' at 130 and hitting 155 on the back straight with two passengers. stock. I'm irritated I didn't go now.
      11-09-2015, 12:33 PM   #2
kitesurfer
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Round n' Round

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by derpimpkar View Post
anyone get a vid from the BMW performance driving school M3 that was doing hot laps? I heard he was taking the uphill S' at 130 and hitting 155 on the back straight with two passengers. stock. I'm irritated I didn't go now.
Probably hitting 155 on the back straight accoridng to "BMW speedometer" in reality is like 140ish. My spedo reachs 160-165 on back straight and in reality laptimer GPS speed I max out is 150.

I highly doubt with the extra weight he could reach a true 155, a forum member who ran a 2:06.6 peaked out at about 149-150 on the back straight
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 07:33 PM   #3
Bad Robot
No, dear, you wouldn't like driv.. LOOK! SQUIRREL!
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Sakhir/Black Merino

I did a full M day at the Spartanburg plant with BMW CCA.

Me, and my fellow incompetencia, spent all day thrashing M3s, M4s and M5s in several different go-as-fast-as-you-dare scenarios. We thought we were effing heroes... heroes with shoulder-belt shaped bruises across our chests by the end of the day.

The capper at the end of the day was a ride around the full race track for a couple of laps with an instructor at the wheel. Holy sh**. You can't believe what these cars are capable of in street trim, on street tires, with 3 passengers and a competent driver at the wheel.

Hopefully somebody captured the video you requested. Don't be surprised by what you see. The capabilities of these cars are amazing.
2015 M4, Sakhir/Black Merino, DCT, LEDs, 19-inch, Harmon-Kardon, Executive Package, Driver Assistance. Sit down. Buckle up. Mash that button yonder. Flick that lever to the right. Mash that other button on the steering wheel, twice. Now punch that pedallLLLAHHH!

Appreciate 0