Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

12-04-2023, 05:22 PM   #1
abellera.ceo
abellera.ceo
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4 - Software Update

Hey everyone

Who knows where to obtain software updates? Needing one for my M4, but not sure who to ask or where to find it

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 08:41 PM   #2
TPNml
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '15 F83

You can run software updates from ESys or ISTA+. I recently used ESys to update some modules on my F83.

For hardware, you will need a Windows laptop, battery charger/PSU, and ENET cable, and for software, you need ESys, as well as recent PSdZdata files. I got my software from Bimmerfest.com for free (which is technically illegal but I don't think anyone cares). The installed size is around 100GB for me.

There are tutorials online (I used ones by BimmerDoc) on how to update modules individually using E-Sys. Note that you can only update 2-3 modules at a time with only a charger, as you can brick modules if the battery dies during flashing. In practice, however, this is not really an issue, as the only real updates you need to do (unless troubleshooting) are VDC, DSC, GHAS, EPS, and possibly DKG (corresponding to EDC, DSC, rear diff, steering, and transmission control units respectively).
Appreciate 0