BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-05-2018, 08:35 PM   #23
L90FRW
Rep
Drives: M4 (2015, manual, Silverstone)

is this CP exhaust still for sale t5pilot?! if you do still have it, you've got yourself a sale!

i'm certainly interested; want it for the black-chrome tips as much as the exhaust itself. i'm slowly adding (tasteful) black and carbon bits to my car and this'd be a great addition!

this is my first post here, i will introduce myself properly at some point! proud owner of an almost-optionless Silverstone M4 manual (and my first BMW, never mind M!). yep, a real gearbox and no needless toys ... i'm a purist and with auto's (yes, even with feedback-less buttons behind the steering wheel) something always feels amiss. not to mention the low speed maneuverability of the DCT is (IMO) hideous and jerky. test drove an M4 in about January last year, and fell in love with the car, not the gearbox. the 8spd auto as found in the standard models is so much more smooth and useable, but i'd still miss a clutch and real human --> mechanical linkage to the gearbox! gonna piss off auto users straight away here arent i, haha. that's not my intention, just stating my thoughts ! i'm clearly outnumbered tho, as there are about 95% auto and 5% manual M4's for sale at any one time...!

absolutely love the vehicle, does everything i need. so good to drive, sounds great, looks beautiful, luxurious, comfy, full of tech (even as std. - all i miss is rev. cam, which i'll fit soon!), and after all that, servicing aside, it's actually not much more to run than my Honda S2000 was, be that in terms of fuel useage, insurance, tax, tyres..... phenominal, really, for such a car ! some people say the F82 has lost its steadfast focus on pure driving dynamics a little in comparison to the E92, but is a better all-rounder... i'm all for it personally, i do 20 - 25k per year, often on the motorway, cruising, it's not just a toy i get out for a fun blast... 80% of my driving is a bland commute, with 20% being me going for fun weekend drives and adventures! so for it to be more of a full package yet a little less 'focused' is, to me, more importan. my S2000 was ridiculously focused, totally uncompromising... and honestly, that soon gets seriously tiring as a daily drive when you're nearing 4-500 miles a week!

Last edited by L90FRW; 04-05-2018 at 09:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 04:53 AM   #24
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by L90FRW View Post
is this CP exhaust still for sale t5pilot?! if you do still have it, you've got yourself a sale!

i'm certainly interested; want it for the black-chrome tips as much as the exhaust itself. i'm slowly adding (tasteful) black and carbon bits to my car and this'd be a great addition!

this is my first post here, i will introduce myself properly at some point! proud owner of an almost-optionless Silverstone M4 manual (and my first BMW, never mind M!). yep, a real gearbox and no needless toys ... i'm a purist and with auto's (yes, even with feedback-less buttons behind the steering wheel) something always feels amiss. not to mention the low speed maneuverability of the DCT is (IMO) hideous and jerky. test drove an M4 in about January last year, and fell in love with the car, not the gearbox. the 8spd auto as found in the standard models is so much more smooth and useable, but i'd still miss a clutch and real human --> mechanical linkage to the gearbox! gonna piss off auto users straight away here arent i, haha. that's not my intention, just stating my thoughts ! i'm clearly outnumbered tho, as there are about 95% auto and 5% manual M4's for sale at any one time...!

absolutely love the vehicle, does everything i need. so good to drive, sounds great, looks beautiful, luxurious, comfy, full of tech (even as std. - all i miss is rev. cam, which i'll fit soon!), and after all that, servicing aside, it's actually not much more to run than my Honda S2000 was, be that in terms of fuel useage, insurance, tax, tyres..... phenominal, really, for such a car ! some people say the F82 has lost its steadfast focus on pure driving dynamics a little in comparison to the E92, but is a better all-rounder... i'm all for it personally, i do 20 - 25k per year, often on the motorway, cruising, it's not just a toy i get out for a fun blast... 80% of my driving is a bland commute, with 20% being me going for fun weekend drives and adventures! so for it to be more of a full package yet a little less 'focused' is, to me, more importan. my S2000 was ridiculously focused, totally uncompromising... and honestly, that soon gets seriously tiring as a daily drive when you're nearing 4-500 miles a week!
Hi mate, yes it's still available. Lol, I know what you mean about the S2000, my son had one with lots of 'tweaks'.
Drop me a PM if you're able. If not (not sure if you'll be able if you're new), just reply here & I'll send you one.
Cheers
      04-06-2018, 08:25 AM   #25
gatsojon
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP SSII/SS

Garage List
2017 BMW M4 CP  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl360 View Post
Aside from the Black tips, what is the difference between the CP and standard exhaust?
It has larger holes in the baffle plates than the non-CP M3/4. Not that they make the difference re pops and bangs as they are software induced.