Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

Closed Thread

01-22-2015, 01:08 PM   #221
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YMB_M4_j2 View Post
I just heard back from the Director of Operations where ValetDrive was working. They identified the employee and terminated him. You can see the details in the attached screen shot of the email.

They have asked that we refrain from mentioning the name of the condo complex so they dont have any bad PR and i think thats only fair since they did take action immediately.
I assume that he means a "rogue" valet.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 01:27 PM   #222
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Talking "Banana In The Tailpipe"

Quote:
LOL! Yeah the pipe one was good!

Axel Foley: What? Y'all the second team?
Detective McCabe: We're the first team.
Detective Foster: Yeah, and we're not gonna fall for a banana in the tailpipe.
Axel Foley: [mocking him] You're not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe? It should be more natural, brother. It should flow out, like this - "Look, man, I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe!" See, that's more natural for us. You been hanging out with this dude too long.

Attached Images

Last edited by DCG; 01-22-2015 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 01:40 PM   #223
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep

Wink Axel Foley: How the fuck can you steal a house? This...my uncle's house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrito007 View Post
Thats pretty ridiculous. If there was serious mechanical damage then you would find out either via a CEL or by visible damage.

For everything else, you can just sue them or there's always insurance.

The laptop example would be a no no just because of confidential information from my office. The clothing example would just be an issue of cleanliness - but yeah you let this guy sit in your car anyway so thats not it. Its not like he broke the car. He accelerated a bit in the underground garage and revved the engine give the guy a break.....

He is truly an idiot but there's no reason for you guys to get so out of whack about this. This is why everyone thinks BMW drivers are assholes. And no I'm not trolling.

Axel Foley: Oh, you mean the construction that's going on. Yes, I'm very embarrassed about that. What I'm trying to do, though, is just confine myself to the other five bedrooms. I'm used to compromising my lifestyle.
Sergeant Taggart: Bullshit! You've stolen this house!
Axel Foley: How the fuck can you steal a house? This...my uncle's house!

Attached Images

Last edited by DCG; 01-22-2015 at 03:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #224
The_Wood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F15 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
Exactly !
Well done!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 01:42 PM   #225
Throtex
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
I just heard back from the Director of Operations where ValetDrive was working. They identified the employee and terminated him. You can see the details in the attached screen shot of the email.

They have asked that we refrain from mentioning the name of the condo complex so they dont have any bad PR and i think thats only fair since they did take action immediately.
Awesome! And I'd go back and accommodate their request, but that takes time If anything, this is good PR for them, so maybe I'll just say that I've used their parking facilities before (not the valet) since they're just across the street. The whole complex and the parking facilities are GORGEOUS. The public parking deck has umpteen dozen EV-only spots with chargers, which is nuts for DC.

So, I'll just say if you're in DC, do stop by City Center, because it's pretty freakin' cool.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 01:42 PM   #226
The_Wood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F15 35d

Quote:

Well don!
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2015, 01:47 PM   #227
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throtex View Post
Awesome! And I'd go back and accommodate their request, but that takes time If anything, this is good PR for them, so maybe I'll just say that I've used their parking facilities before (not the valet) since they're just across the street. The whole complex and the parking facilities are GORGEOUS. The public parking deck has umpteen dozen EV-only spots with chargers, which is nuts for DC.

So, I'll just say if you're in DC, do stop by City Center, because it's pretty freakin' cool.
it does look really nice.. i even looked at some of the floor plans they offer.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 01:49 PM   #228
Throtex
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

What worries me is the guy blew up his Twitter account -- if he gets another job as a valet, he'll probably keep doing the same thing but no one will be the wiser.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 01:50 PM   #229
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep

Talking Rolling in L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlv View Post
I'm soooo happy that valeting is not a thing in Europe

I'd be really annoyed if this happened with my car...

Axel Foley: [about the cement truck Billy got for a pursuit] Well, this is pretty sporty!
Billy Rosewood: Don't complain! It's all I could find!

[Rosewood runs a red light]
Sergeant Taggart: It's red!
Billy Rosewood: It's green!
[He hits another car]
Billy Rosewood: Oh, yeah, it was red. Okay.
Axel Foley: It was yellow!
Attached Images

Last edited by DCG; 01-22-2015 at 01:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 01:56 PM   #230
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throtex View Post
What worries me is the guy blew up his Twitter account -- if he gets another job as a valet, he'll probably keep doing the same thing but no one will be the wiser.
wow you are right. He even pulled down his Youtube channel. Shit that sucks. I was waiting to find out if he got fired so I could go on Twitter & Youtube and post something telling him personally that he is a dumb ass. Maybe a little childish on my part but Im ok with that label!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 02:33 PM   #231
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: geo metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbuArije5 View Post
Somewhat American, the reason why i said let the owner handle it because the owner might not care so i said leave it up for him to make a complaint. And second American is the same country that took over Pakistan, iraq etc no leaders now created terrorist/terror the community and caused problems some situation people must handle themselves. but like i said congrats he got fired
Whether the owner cares or not is irrelevant. The vigilance you see on this thread is more concerned about the systemic problem people like him pose to all of our cars. If we just let it go unnoticed, this type of behavior will never be stopped and maybe even encouraged. Sure, the initial video was with an M4, but all it takes is a spark like that to get the ball rolling.

One can only hope this story gets broader media coverage so that other valets are aware people actually do take action. If they value their job as a valet then hopefully they quit performing such irresponsible activities.

It's sad that we live in a world where we can't even trust someone to park our car if we want to eat at a nice place or stay in a nice hotel. We have come to expect blatant irresponsibility and decide to take alternative (less convenient) approaches.

I didn't understand your second comment about the Middle East. If you can please clarify, I'm sure I can comment on that, as well.
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2015, 02:44 PM   #232
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoM4 View Post
Whether the owner cares or not is irrelevant. The vigilance you see on this thread is more concerned about the systemic problem people like him pose to all of our cars. If we just let it go unnoticed, this type of behavior will never be stopped and maybe even encouraged. Sure, the initial video was with an M4, but all it takes is a spark like that to get the ball rolling.

One can only hope this story gets broader media coverage so that other valets are aware people actually do take action. If they value their job as a valet then hopefully they quit performing such irresponsible activities.

It's sad that we live in a world where we can't even trust someone to park our car if we want to eat at a nice place or stay in a nice hotel. We have come to expect blatant irresponsibility and decide to take alternative (less convenient) approaches.

I didn't understand your second comment about the Middle East. If you can please clarify, I'm sure I can comment on that, as well.
couldnt agree more. I just cant imagine me or one of my staff doing something like that with a company vehicle and thinking its ok. The videos were not the craziest that could happen and it could have been much worse but actions like this are how things get worse.. its human nature to push yourself more and more to see how far you can take something whether it be driving fast, making money, sports etc etc. We as a species are never satisfied and strive for that next level. In this case the next level would have been driving around the city streets or something as bad as turning off TC on a high HP RWD car (which most of the ones he drove were)and for anyone here that has done that in our F8x know you can get out of control very fast with no way to correct it. Just ask the guy that summer-salted over the curb in San Fran a few weeks ago.

I worked 3 jobs when i was younger to pay for my car and put the mods that i wanted and i worked my ass off to pay for my F8x and no one other than myself or whoever i allow has the right to take advantage of my success by fucking around in my car. Its simple and goes back to what our parents taught us. IF ITS NOT YOURS DONT TOUCH IT.

Last edited by YMB-M3-J2; 01-22-2015 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 02:48 PM   #233
fortressmaximus
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMB_M4_j2
Quote:

couldnt agree more. I just cant imagine me or one of my staff doing something like that with a company vehicle and thinking its ok. The videos were not the craziest that could happen and it could have been much worse but actions like this are how things get worse.. its human nature to push yourself more and more to see how far you can take something whether it be driving fast, making money, sports etc etc. We as a species are never satisfied and strive for that next level. In this case the next level would have been driving around the city streets or something as bad as turning off TC on a high HP RWD car (which most of the ones he drove were)and for anyone here that has done that in our F8x know you can get out of control very fast with no way to correct it. Just ask the guy that summer-salted over the curb in San Fran a few weeks ago.

I worked 3 jobs when i was younger to pay for my car and put the mods that i wanted and i worked my ass off to pay for my F8x and no one other than myself or whoever i allow has the right to take advantage of my success by fucking around in my car. Its simple and goes back to what parents taught us. IF ITS NOT YOUR DONT TOUCH IT.
+1 for both comments in this post.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 02:54 PM   #234
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:

And there we go.

I have edited my posts accordingly as I think that is a reasonable request in the circumstances.

(and they clearly want to cover their asses like a MOFO)
      01-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #235
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
And there we go.

I have edited my posts accordingly as I think that is a reasonable request in the circumstances.

(and they clearly want to cover their asses like a MOFO)
yes they do...but cant blame them. I would if it was my business.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 03:04 PM   #236
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

I'm glad that little cunt got fired.

If there is one thing you can learn in life... Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 03:16 PM   #237
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List

I think everyone should stop worrying about the kid... He is in school and has shown that he can make good decisions in life so I'm sure everything will work out wonderful for him
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 03:35 PM   #238
Merli
Sunburnt Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Wow.... Fantastic work!

I, for one, couldn't give a sh1t whether or not this moron got fired, or that he faces financial hardship, or if he can't eat tonight.

He (very arrogantly) made his own bed and now he can sleep in the gutter.

Past: 2009 Ibis White S5 (APR Supercharged V8)
Past: 2004 Imola Red M3 Convertible
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 03:41 PM   #239
MAERD TEW
PowerShifter
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 YMB M3 6MT (In Production)

When did this become a political forum? Irregardless of your opinions of this kid is or your political opinions, this was about not about the person but about his actions. He made a choice now he has to deal with the consequence. If he was smarter, he would have kept it to himself.

What I am reading on this thread is a bunch of people who obviously don't understand the simplest moral lesson, which is the difference between right and wrong. Similarly if I left my car doors open and someone stole all sorts of things out of it would that still not be a crime? There is something in law called criminal conversion. Criminal conversion is its most basic form is the unauthorized or unsanctioned use or control of someone else's property. Fact is this falls under that definition. THAT IS A CRIME [albeit a misdemeanor] it's still a crime. So to all that helped out in finding out who this jerk was and assisted in his termination, I applaud you.

Here in NYC after 9/11 we have this saying, "If you see something, say something." There is nothing wrong in pointing out someone doing something wrong.

: Drops mic :
:Steps off soapbox:
Got her: '15 F80 YMB/Full SO 6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 03:45 PM   #240
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: geo metro

Alright guys, great work on mission number 1 (The Valet).

Now on to mission number 2 (The Parking Garage Vandal). Begin!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 04:08 PM   #241
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep

Cool Your mission, bimmerpost.com Forums Members, should you choose to accept it.

Quote:
Alright guys, great work on mission number 1 (The Valet).

Now on to mission number 2 (The Parking Garage Vandal). Begin!

Your mission, bimmerpost.com Forum Members, should you choose to accept it.

The Parking Garage Vandal

Race: White Male, Late 30’s to Early 40’s+ (I say Early 40’s)
Height: 5’8.5”
Hair: Short, Salt & Peper
Wears: Glasses - Transitions Lenses, Possibly
Handed: Right
Wears: Black Shoe Boots / Shoes, Jeans & T-Shirts
Frequents: Parking Garages
Auto Enthusiast: Clearly NOT!

Primary Personality Traits: Vindictive - Having or showing a strong or unreasoning desire for revenge. Bumbling - Acting in a confused or ineffectual way; incompetent.

Cause: Could just be petty Auto Vandalism or is seeking revenge on coworkers or staff.

Last edited by DCG; 01-22-2015 at 05:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 04:19 PM   #242
Rewted
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Can we get the original post updated with a mirror and remove the dead link?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread