BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

10-09-2017, 10:33 PM   #1
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

Leasing M3/M4?

Curious as to what those of you who lease either the M3 or M4 in Canada are paying for them? Would appreciate if you guys shared the details like the term length, payments, residuals etc.

I got rid of my 16 M3 earlier this year because I wanted to get into lease and wanted a AWD vehicle so got a 440i xDrive GC but now I am bored of it. I have to keep it for at least a year before I can switch again and I've been thinking of getting a M4 (maybe a M3 again (will be my 3rd if I do)) but trying to do some homework on what I can expect.

Cheers

Last edited by ksa; 10-10-2017 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 12:30 PM   #2
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

Way too many factors to consider when working out monthly payments, besides the obvious variables you mentioned above you also have a ton of different build specs, dealer discounts, bmw canada discounts etc...

Build a car online and use the lease calculator to get a rough idea of monthly payments, you can play with down payments and terms etc as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 07:38 PM   #3
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kaccordocoupe View Post
Way too many factors to consider when working out monthly payments, besides the obvious variables you mentioned above you also have a ton of different build specs, dealer discounts, bmw canada discounts etc...

Build a car online and use the lease calculator to get a rough idea of monthly payments, you can play with down payments and terms etc as well.
I've tried that multiple times. Problem is that the interest rate is stuck at 7.05% which makes any payment estimate that comes on completely unreliable. Plus I have never been able to see an estimate of payments online that has been close to what they end up being actually at the dealer. I had my dealer price me out a M3 with the sticker of $101K and the payments are $1555 a month on a 48 term lease. Online it shows a lot lesser....anyway that's why I thought to check if I get a few people share their builds and what they are paying with rest of the main variables it'll give me a good idea what to expect.

And when I go the Car for sale/lease take over section of the forums and see American members post their lease deals with $700 or around their a month payments, it blows my mind at the cheapness of it (I know in US $). That's why I'd like to compare as to what I can expect in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 09:08 PM   #4
Ggeezer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Leasebusters will give you a good indication of what people are paying on their M3/4 leases. The website is a bit of a pain to use but it works.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 09:50 PM   #5
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggeezer
Leasebusters will give you a good indication of what people are paying on their M3/4 leases. The website is a bit of a pain to use but it works.
I checked it the other day and didn't see any M3's or M4's at least in the Western Canada area. I guess no harm in checking again and this time will expand the search to all of Canada.

Last edited by ksa; 10-12-2017 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: ....wtf...fucking? Stupid phone..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 10:13 PM   #6
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
I checked it the other day and didn't see any M3's at least in the Western Canada area. I guess no harm in fucking again and this time will expand the search to all of Canada.
The 17s have 2.9% interest with $5000 cash rebate. That's not bad at all.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 10:37 PM   #7
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
The 17s have 2.9% interest with $5000 cash rebate. That's not bad at all.
Unfortunately my guy doesn't have any remaining 2017 M4's left. The quote he sent me for the M3 had the interest rate of 3.15% (with my loyalty discount presumably) and I didn't really see a mention of the $5K discount.

Last edited by ksa; 10-12-2017 at 10:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 03:52 PM   #8
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
Unfortunately my guy doesn't have any remaining 2017 M4's left. The quote he sent me for the M3 had the interest rate of 3.15% (with my loyalty discount presumably) and I didn't really see a mention of the $5K discount.
Your guy needs to be honest with you lol
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 12:54 AM   #9
Absurdium
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F82 TB

The online estimator works but you need to tick the right boxes to get the right numbers. for starters, a 48 months lease on a M3 is about 1550 after you check the box to include sales taxes in the payment. Any payment quoted in dealerships will include taxes which may be why it's higher in dealer. Use the online configurator as an estimate as someone else has suggested, then apply any MSRP discount as (monthly × (1-(MSRP discount÷(1-residual))). Slightly complicated math but you'll see that any MSRP discount you get will actually decrease your monthly by roughly double the percentage (4% MSRP discount actually results in a 8% effective monthly reduction) as MSRP discounts do not effect the residual of the vehicle.

Rates right now is 3.9 for all terms. You can apply your loyalty as well as security deposits to lower the rate by a max of .9%, .1% for every security deposit. Every 1% reduction on rates saves about 1500-2000 dollars over the term of the lease, depending on the value of the car based on its configuration.

Stack any fleet discount, BMW car club of Canada discounts. Keep in mind that M4 residuals are higher than M3, so payments will be cheaper.

On a model configured to be ~100k, you can end up with a monthly of ~1200, tax in, by stacking the right discounts. This is pretty close to what you can get in the States, factoring in the exchange rate and higher taxes.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2017, 05:46 AM   #10
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 ZCP 6MT

Lots of 17's still left in Canada and with the 5k cash incentive it's not a bad deal. There should more incentives come Nov/Dec.
Appreciate 0