Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

01-14-2016, 12:28 PM   #67
CardsRock76
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Military Order Take Ovee

I just ordered an F80 last week through the Military Auto Sales program in the UK on their last day and now I'm having second thoughts. It was close to $6k off sticker, no sales tax, and free shipping back to the states. Anyone interested in taking over the order for a US spec? Everything can still be changed. I get the production week next week. I've been overseas since 2012 so I'm not sure if that's a good deal or not.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #68
MilM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SSII BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardsRock76 View Post
I just ordered an F80 last week through the Military Auto Sales program in the UK on their last day and now I'm having second thoughts. It was close to $6k off sticker, no sales tax, and free shipping back to the states. Anyone interested in taking over the order for a US spec? Everything can still be changed. I get the production week next week. I've been overseas since 2012 so I'm not sure if that's a good deal or not.
Did you put down a 10% deposit? You do know that it's non refundable?
      01-16-2016, 07:10 AM   #69
CardsRock76
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Sure did. Signed the form saying it wasn't refundable too. My wife's throwing a fit about the purchase for some unknown reason. She knew about it and never had an issue until after I signed on the dotted line.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 04:17 PM   #70
Bigmikeystyle247
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 YMB M3, I3 Rex

Greetings everyone. I'm in the military stationed stateside (California). Quick question for anyone who can help. Is there any way I can qualify for military pricing even though I'm not stationed overseas? I go TDY every couple months to Germany but never more than a couple days. Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 07:53 PM   #71
jonze
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Sakhir M3, 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmikeystyle247 View Post
Greetings everyone. I'm in the military stationed stateside (California). Quick question for anyone who can help. Is there any way I can qualify for military pricing even though I'm not stationed overseas? I go TDY every couple months to Germany but never more than a couple days. Any help would be appreciated.
I talked to one place that required a 30 day TDY and another that was good with 1 day. I'll PM you.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 02:11 PM   #72
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank772 View Post
Random question. Does anyone recall exactly when BMW stopped selling cars through Pentagon, First Choice etc etc?
That was summer of 2013. Euler was awarded a contract for military/diplomatic sales. Pentagon then started importing U.S spec Lexus vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #73
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonze View Post
I'll be on orders in Germany for a short time - less than a week. Does anyone know if that would meet the requirements? I wouldn't be there to take delivery and would need it shipped stateside. Would import taxes come into play?
As I understand, in order for you to be exempt from paying import duty is to have at last 1 year of ownership. You can present a packet to customs including military paper work and they will exempt you. You still will need to pay registration tax...

Last edited by MSport_Jon; 02-12-2016 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 02:23 PM   #74
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectors2final View Post
For anyone deploying(deployed) and doing US delivery, you can in fact check it once it hits production.

This was while I was in Korea.

Sat at port for a good while, but here it is on the boat... shipping info from 1-800 number.

At VDC

Ready for pick-up.

Perhaps the Korean theater involves BMWusa for its overseas sales. That is NOT the case in Germany as BMW AG is the highest authority for military and diplomatic sales. I have tried this twice before and third time for my f80. BMW USA has no idea about these cars. It even happened with an x3 which is, by the way, made in Spartanburg...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 02:43 PM   #75
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_RsM4 View Post
I concur with what Vectors2final posted. You can in fact track it. It just takes a little for it to pop in the BMWUSA site.

Vectors, how long did it take for the car to arrive at your dealer from when it arrived to port?

Just tried again. Still BMW usa does not recognize my VIN. If you bought a vehicle in Germany through military and diplomatic sales program the the only way you will see your car on BMW USA's website is once you get the letter from BMW USA congratulating you for the new car. This happens AFTER you submit your packet for warranty. By then you will have the car in your possession.

I have done this twice before and now a third time with a new f80.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2016, 06:06 PM   #76
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport_Jon View Post
Perhaps the Korean theater involves BMWusa for its overseas sales. That is NOT the case in Germany as BMW AG is the highest authority for military and diplomatic sales. I have tried this twice before and third time for my f80. BMW USA has no idea about these cars. It even happened with an x3 which is, by the way, made in Spartanburg...
My delivery was stateside, and I ordered through Pentagon before they stopped. The dealer wasn't able to track it, but I was able to check it once it hit production. I kept trying and trying and it eventually popped up. I also called the 1800 number a lot. BMW USA told me that only a certain dept. has information on the order.

You can also request the number for the "Military Sales Facing Line". They can provide you with much more information. I think it's this one 1-800-932-0831

Are you typing it in like this? PXXXXXX? Mine took like this P804887, which is the last seven of my VIN.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 03:24 AM   #77
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My delivery was stateside, and I ordered through Pentagon before they stopped. The dealer wasn't able to track it, but I was able to check it once it hit production. I kept trying and trying and it eventually popped up. I also called the 1800 number a lot. BMW USA told me that only a certain dept. has information on the order.

You can also request the number for the "Military Sales Facing Line". They can provide you with much more information. I think it's this one 1-800-932-0831

Are you typing it in like this? PXXXXXX? Mine took like this P804887, which is the last seven of my VIN.
Maybe i am not going through the right website?!?!?

When ever you get a chance check your invoice, if it says BMWusa on the header portion then this is the reason why you could track it. All of mine listed BMW AG as the sales source and Rhein BMW Wurzburg as the agent.
I've called BMW usa as well and the only thing they could do is open a tech case and to keep checking but the vehicles never pop up on BMWusa.com and the vehicles never showed up until i got a letter back from BMW usa congratulating me for the new vehicle. It really sucks. Maybe it is a Bavarian Military Sales problem and not Pentagon. I have never ordered from them so perhaps they sell vehicles differently. Not sure... But as i said i have never been able to track vehicles that have been bought from BMW AG

Last edited by MSport_Jon; 02-14-2016 at 03:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 04:03 AM   #78
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

On a side note, How are sales taxing in Texas for military or DoD personnel returning from duty?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 09:51 AM   #79
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Maybe i am not going through the right website?!?!?

When ever you get a chance check your invoice, if it says BMWusa on the header portion then this is the reason why you could track it. All of mine listed BMW AG as the sales source and Rhein BMW Wurzburg as the agent.
I've called BMW usa as well and the only thing they could do is open a tech case and to keep checking but the vehicles never pop up on BMWusa.com and the vehicles never showed up until i got a letter back from BMW usa congratulating me for the new vehicle. It really sucks. Maybe it is a Bavarian Military Sales problem and not Pentagon. I have never ordered from them so perhaps they sell vehicles differently. Not sure... But as i said i have never been able to track vehicles that have been bought from BMW AG

The reason you cannot track is because your car is being delivered overseas. Correct? I see a delivery in Wuerzburg. BMW USA won't ever have eyes on your order due to you taking delivery overseas.

Quote:
On a side note, How are sales taxing in Texas for military or DoD personnel returning from duty?
I paid 6.25% of the price, but I'm not sure how it would work for someone who takes delivery of their car overseas, then ships it back home after their tour.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 09:03 AM   #80
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The reason you cannot track is because your car is being delivered overseas. Correct? I see a delivery in Wuerzburg. BMW USA won't ever have eyes on your order due to you taking delivery overseas.

I paid 6.25% of the price, but I'm not sure how it would work for someone who takes delivery of their car overseas, then ships it back home after their tour.

yeah it is...

you should still be able to see where you car is regardless fo delivery site. Sometimes cars hit a snag during production and for those who are able to track cars then they will be able to see a code as to why. In our case not only are we blind as far as these things but the dealer is impervious as far as these things is concerned. I try registering with BMW.de and BMWAG.com and when i input the VIN the sites tell me that the VIN is unrecognized. ohh well..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 10:07 AM   #81
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Yeah, I totally understand. If you can track one, you should be able to track all. This seems to be a service that is provided for BMW USA cars as one of those "neat" things for customers.

My sales rep from Pentagon had no clue about the process.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 09:27 AM   #82
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I totally understand. If you can track one, you should be able to track all. This seems to be a service that is provided for BMW USA cars as one of those "neat" things for customers.

yeah... i hope they get that corrected. especially for the guys ordering vehicles made in Africa, China or Spartanburg.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 07:06 AM   #83
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

This is so dumb.... I got a notification on my email yesterday from BMWusa.com telling me that my vehicle is ready for pick up...

I get on my BMW on BMWusa.com and found this...

uhhh... i know! i picked the car up on the 27th of March...

Tracking is pretty much useless at this point....
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 07:07 AM   #84
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

agree...
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 08:23 PM   #85
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Damn, I dunno if I was really obsessive and had too much time n my hands, but I was able to track it from the get-go.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 11:52 AM   #86
masterforce
Registered
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Hello guys. I am currently deployed USAF AD and wanting to go through the BMW military sales program. how did you guys do financing? if you do your financing then how does BMW get the money? Just wanted to know the experience and any tips. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 05:21 AM   #87
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterforce View Post
Hello guys. I am currently deployed USAF AD and wanting to go through the BMW military sales program. how did you guys do financing? if you do your financing then how does BMW get the money? Just wanted to know the experience and any tips. Thanks!
Did financing through PenFed.

It was hard to send the check because of the whole being deployed. The check went to my house, and then it was mailed to Pentagon Car Sales in Cologne by my wife. Depending on your resources back home, I'd check with your financier and see what their policy on mailing checks is.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 07:57 AM   #88
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterforce View Post
The portion I financed was via my Belgian bank (ING). They put the money in my account and I did a direct transfer to BMW. PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy of their transfer instructions. Your CA should provide you all the details you need to make it as painless as possible (being deployed it will still be painful)..
Appreciate 0