Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

08-26-2014, 02:37 PM   #67
SeBaa
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW

Great article mate, I am impressed to see a new BMW M3 with manual gearbox from the States! Not that the DCT gearbox is not great, but I am a big fan of the stick!

I also hail from Romania, but I live in Sweden.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2014, 10:14 PM   #68
///M Dream
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMIAMI View Post
Great write up! This pretty much confirms that I will be getting my F80 via ED as well. Enjoy the ///M
Glad to hear it you won't regret it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyutz View Post
Congrats, awesome write-up. I wish I knew you were in Sibiu, would of admired your car live. Hope you had a great time around in Romania.
Ill be back in Sibiu sadly the F80 won't be with me this time around. Any new M3 yet in Sibiu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanfox View Post
very nice ED trip, it is my first time ever to see a car with 0 mile on it
Yeah was nice seeing that low of mileage made me happy too bad it has 4500 on it now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dong View Post
Thanks for sharing....what did they say about the 1200m service?
What do you mean exactly? Scheduled the service while i was there and paid. Will get refund from BMW NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
Great write up, but need more details on the important parts

How was the parking situation in Croatia ? Im sure you got a hotel with guarded self-parking, but were the spots decently sized or were you constantly worried about being dinged?

What about the other locations? You mentioned self parking outside of Rome, but again, were the spaces large enough or protected enough that dings were not a concern ?

Same thing with Lake Como ?

Finally, you mentioned you drove the ring "well within safe limits".. For some of us that haven't tracked their cars their entire lives, is it still drivable/fun or is it dangerous because you end up holding up other people that are track junkies and much faster ?

Thanks!
There is room for parking in Croatia depending on the city as well but wasn't hesitant there at all. Italy is a different story it requires patience and most likely will find a spot that will calm your nerves. I recommend just parking it at the hotel if possible then using the public transportation system as it is excellent in most of Europe.

It is still incredible to drive on the ring, just have to keep your eyes open on the rear view, simple stay to the right and people won't give you any problems when they pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simfer View Post
Congrats that must looks awesome. Like usual you Americans get all the benefits. I would love to try an ED but being from Canada we get no breaks in pricing.

Hopefully one day BMW Canada decides to offer the same package here.
Really Canada doesn't offer the discount? Could of sworn Canada got deals as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeBaa View Post
Great article mate, I am impressed to see a new BMW M3 with manual gearbox from the States! Not that the DCT gearbox is not great, but I am a big fan of the stick!

I also hail from Romania, but I live in Sweden.
Thanks man what part of Romania?
      08-27-2014, 02:56 AM   #69
Danyutz
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Dream View Post
Ill be back in Sibiu sadly the F80 won't be with me this time around. Any new M3 yet in Sibiu?

Nope, not yet, I might have a customer that wants to order an M, but if he delays his visit, we won't be able to deliver it by the end of the year.

If you do come back to Sibiu, be sure to come over to local BMW dealership
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #70
19x
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Great trip.

I visited all of the same places you have in the last few years. Lake Como and Switzerland in general is one of my favorite spots in Europe. So were Dubrovnik and Hvar in Croatia.

However, unlike you, I despise Rome, despite having been there twice. I've been all over Italy and I liked all cities that I visited: Milan, Florence, Sienna, Cinque Terra, Sardinia, Pompeii, Naples, etc.

But for some odd reason, I hate Rome. It's filthy, smelly, overcrowded, and hands down the biggest tourist trap in the world. I found that the Vatican, Collesuem, Pantheon, etc. all look great in the photos. But in person, I was very unimpressed. Sort of like Paris.

Personally, I was much more impressed with Lisbon, Portugal.

BTW, lake Lugano is also amazing in Switzerland. Try it next time. While in Switzerland, I advise everyone to drive through San Bernardino Pass. It's right there and only takes about 2 hours out of your way. Same goes for Stelvio Pass.

Anyways, congrats on the car. It looks great!

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 05:59 PM   #71
///ADMAN
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [10.00]
Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 07:04 PM   #72
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

You're brave for taking your brand new M3 to Romania.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 02:48 PM   #73
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 18 Tanzanite Blue F80 ZCP

amazing post. thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0