European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-19-2017, 10:32 AM   #1
YD94
Gone but not forgotten: E91 335D MSport Touring
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 - SO/B DCT HUD

Replacement Brake Pads and Discs

Time's flown and now my F80 is coming up 3 years old and up to 35,000 miles. I've never really been that happy with the steel brakes on it. Usual complaints of squeaking at high temperatures, etc and no decent response from BMW other than "we can fit you new ones for ££££!"

Anyway, the rear discs are now heavily grooved (and rumbling under hard braking) and there's quite a bit of wear on the front discs. The front and rear pads are getting well down too. As I'm thinking of keeping the car I'll have to bite the bullet soon and get some replacements.

BMW prices for OEM discs and pads are, quite frankly, eye-watering! That added to the fact I don't rate them anyway means I'm looking for suitable alternatives. After searching the forum I can see that Yellow EBC Pads are a popular choice. However, I'm drawing a blank on discs. Rocking horse shit comes to mind!

Can anybody recommend which direct replacement discs to get and where from in the UK? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much.
Appreciate 0