GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

11-27-2015, 12:48 PM   #111
dwaleke
Rep
Drives: Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3DrS View Post
I'd recommend doing an European Delivery and working with BMW of RH. They have most knowledge staff I've experienced in the area.

I also agree that pricing mentioned elsewhere is difficult if not unrealistic in metro Detroit.
I just got back from BMW of Rochester Hills.

They offered basically $1000 off MSRP plus option credit. Also didn't inflate the money factor as they usually would (since I knew it). Made an offer of $1500 over invoice and was rejected immediately. Talked with Matthew who approves the deals and he basically said they get so few allocations that it isn't worth it to them to do any deals greater than what I was offered.

The dealership gets high ratings, people were nice, and I had no issues while I was there, but there is a big disconnect between what people around the country pay for these vehicles and what they sell them at.

I asked about European Delivery. They said they do them, but it still costs them an allocation so if the dealer has any say in the pricing it will not be good.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #112
M3Tooner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 DCT ZCP

I live in the area and am planning to get an M3 for May ED. Thanks for sharing your findings. Now I don't have to waste my time talking to BMW of Rochester Hills. Have you spoken to the other 2 dealerships in Farmington Hills and Bloomfield Hills?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
I just got back from BMW of Rochester Hills.

They offered basically $1000 off MSRP plus option credit. Also didn't inflate the money factor as they usually would (since I knew it). Made an offer of $1500 over invoice and was rejected immediately. Talked with Matthew who approves the deals and he basically said they get so few allocations that it isn't worth it to them to do any deals greater than what I was offered.

The dealership gets high ratings, people were nice, and I had no issues while I was there, but there is a big disconnect between what people around the country pay for these vehicles and what they sell them at.

I asked about European Delivery. They said they do them, but it still costs them an allocation so if the dealer has any say in the pricing it will not be good.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 03:49 PM   #113
dwaleke
Rep
Drives: Red

I didn't bother. I went to test drive an ATS-V afterward. Was blown away by it.

The Cadillac dealer kept finding me different cars to drive (auto, manual, coupe, sedan). Here's the keys go see what you think. They went out of their way to sell me a car.

ATS-V outperforms the M3 in every performance benchmark (even more so when tuning). I was shocked. Thought I'd go there just to get a competitive price to throw at a BMW dealer. $250 less per month with less than half the money out of pocket. The car drives and rides better than the M3 with adaptive suspension. Really connected to the road. Magneride is the best thing since sliced bread. GM really has something.

I pick up my ATS-V tomorrow. I really wanted an M3, but after driving both and looking at the bottom line it was not possible for me to choose the M3 without thinking I chose the inferior car for more money.

Last edited by dwaleke; 12-04-2015 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 10:37 PM   #114
M3Tooner
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 DCT ZCP

Congrats on the ATS-V. Great car and sounds like you got a great deal as well.
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2015, 09:15 PM   #115
Racer20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, 228i THP, E46 ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhomes View Post
Hey everyone, waiting on my 16 f80 ordered from Erhard Bloomfield. The car just finished production and hoping to see it in about 4 weeks. Looking to get xpel clear bra done, got a quote from Sunshade in troy for $2550 for full front clip + Rockers , A pillar, mirriors and header. Does this seem high? Does to me!
Yup, high.

I think I paid around $1900 at Fade to Black Tinting in Birmingham. Very happy with the result.