Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

12-16-2017, 05:25 PM   #45
ravibasuta
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Whats the recommended drop? Just picked my F80 up and would like it just a little lower!
Glad your issue was resolved as i was looking at HR springs.
      12-18-2017, 12:22 PM   #46
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibasuta View Post
Whats the recommended drop? Just picked my F80 up and would like it just a little lower!
I think it depends on if you have or will have an additional front splitter. I have, and with all the speed bumps in my county, I couldn't go 40mm lower on H&R's.

So I went Eibach Pro Kit, which is about 25mm front, 30mm rear. And so far, no scraped splitter... But It's been very close on a few occasions...
      12-18-2017, 03:54 PM   #47
ravibasuta
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5pilot View Post
Quote:
I think it depends on if you have or will have an additional front splitter. I have, and with all the speed bumps in my county, I couldn't go 40mm lower on H&R's.

So I went Eibach Pro Kit, which is about 25mm front, 30mm rear. And so far, no scraped splitter... But It's been very close on a few occasions...
Yeh i have the CF splitter on mine. Will check it out, how do you rate the springs so far? Alignment i take it after?
      12-18-2017, 03:56 PM   #48
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeh i have the CF splitter on mine. Will check it out, how do you rate the springs so far? Alignment i take it after?
They're great. 12mm spacers all round too. Yes, KDS alignment afterwards.
      12-18-2017, 04:43 PM   #49
ravibasuta
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nice! Stance must look spot on!
      12-18-2017, 05:04 PM   #50
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I like it, will post a pic or two tomorrow for you
      12-19-2017, 03:12 AM   #51
ravibasuta
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I like it, will post a pic or two tomorrow for you
Cool that would be great bud

Eibachs circa 200 at the minute
Macht schnell spacers im sourcing...
      12-19-2017, 03:47 AM   #52
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Nah... I got mine from here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eibach-Fah...72.m2749.l2649
Attached Images

12-19-2017, 01:00 PM   #53
ravibasuta
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Looks spot on! Thanks for the link!
      12-24-2017, 06:41 PM   #54
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP

Quote:
Looks great, being looking at the BMW kit but struggling to justify £1700 when I have Eibach on most of my other BMW,s and always done the job nicely.
Where did you get the spacers and any reason for non Eibach?
Cheers,
Jamie
      12-24-2017, 07:27 PM   #55
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesecker View Post
Quote:
Looks great, being looking at the BMW kit but struggling to justify £1700 when I have Eibach on most of my other BMW,s and always done the job nicely.
Cheers,
Jamie
Eibach springs, but spacers are Eibach replicas. Identical to look at, but iirc they were £100 for all 4 with extended bolts & bimmec extended locking bolts.
Got them from eBay, from a place in Bradford, soz, name of dealer escapes me.
My full carbon kit was £1k fitted. That was from German Rush UK. Pleased in the end, but their customer service is, quite frankly, appalling.
      12-27-2017, 05:52 PM   #56
ravibasuta
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesecker View Post
Quote:
Cheers,
Jamie
Eibach springs, but spacers are Eibach replicas. Identical to look at, but iirc they were £100 for all 4 with extended bolts & bimmec extended locking bolts.
Got them from eBay, from a place in Bradford, soz, name of dealer escapes me.
My full carbon kit was £1k fitted. That was from German Rush UK. Pleased in the end, but their customer service is, quite frankly, appalling.
Got my Eibachs and Macht Schnell 12mm spacers all in today!

Will get some pics once all fitted up soon!

(Geometry/Alignment a must at some point after)
      05-20-2018, 09:50 PM   #57
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Competition

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Resurrecting this thread, having the same issue with my '18 F82 ZCP. The shop swears it has nothing to do with their installation and that it was the steering rack. Huh?

Anyway, they're idiots and an hour away from me so I'm wondering if I have to have the strut under load when doing the loosen & re-tighten method (41lbs-ft torque, right?). I only have a single floor jack unless a pair of race ramps will do the trick. Thinking of ordering them anyway so I can do oil changes, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 02:40 AM   #58
ravibasuta
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaty View Post
Resurrecting this thread, having the same issue with my '18 F82 ZCP. The shop swears it has nothing to do with their installation and that it was the steering rack. Huh?

Anyway, they're idiots and an hour away from me so I'm wondering if I have to have the strut under load when doing the loosen & re-tighten method (41lbs-ft torque, right?). I only have a single floor jack unless a pair of race ramps will do the trick. Thinking of ordering them anyway so I can do oil changes, etc.
Got an unerving clunky noise occasionally on bumps but more when i try and full lock?

Left side more so. Will get tracking checked. But reading this i dont know whether i should recheck fitting of the eibach front springs!
      05-21-2018, 09:33 AM   #59
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Quote:
Got an unerving clunky noise occasionally on bumps but more when i try and full lock?

Left side more so. Will get tracking checked. But reading this i dont know whether i should recheck fitting of the eibach front springs!
Mine is really just when going for full lock and when in reverse at very low speeds, like hard parallel parking (which I rarely do). Otherwise, it's fine. Maybe I'm just being overly OCD.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 02:51 PM   #60
ravibasuta
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaty View Post
Quote:

Mine is really just when going for full lock and when in reverse at very low speeds, like hard parallel parking (which I rarely do). Otherwise, it's fine. Maybe I'm just being overly OCD.
Has it got anything to do with that thin tinny playe that sits at the back of the brake discs? Sounds similar to the clunk of that material?

Because mines more noticeable than before its got me a little worried that i want it looked at.
      05-21-2018, 09:25 PM   #61
slaughter.mode
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 ZCP  [9.80]
Quote:
Has it got anything to do with that thin tinny playe that sits at the back of the brake discs? Sounds similar to the clunk of that material?

Because mines more noticeable than before its got me a little worried that i want it looked at.
The shield? Hmm, I suppose it could be, I'll double check.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 12:09 PM   #62
sonicfly
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbooo View Post
Update - problem solved.
After much prodding, poking and head scratching it turned out to be the noise was coming from the "cup like seat" that the bottom of the front shocks sit in. The bolt wasn't tight enough and the shock was shifting in the seat where it connects to the hub.

It's alloy and the mechanic has bent one in the past by over tightening so eased off on the torque. This time he undid it, we moved the steering wheel lock to lock a few times then did it up tight.

And the noise has gone
Hey Jimboo,
Do you have any picture of the bolt? My BMW workshop is looking sfter that issue since 3 days. They couldn’t solve it yet.

Thanks Mate
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 12:14 PM   #63
Jimbooo
UK F82 owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicfly View Post
Quote:
Update - problem solved.
After much prodding, poking and head scratching it turned out to be the noise was coming from the "cup like seat" that the bottom of the front shocks sit in. The bolt wasn't tight enough and the shock was shifting in the seat where it connects to the hub.

It's alloy and the mechanic has bent one in the past by over tightening so eased off on the torque. This time he undid it, we moved the steering wheel lock to lock a few times then did it up tight.

And the noise has gone
Hey Jimboo,
Do you have any picture of the bolt? My BMW workshop is looking sfter that issue since 3 days. They couldn’t solve it yet.

Thanks Mate
I've got a video on my phone I can send you. Pm me your number and I'll wattsapp over to you. Can't see how to upload a vid on here from my iPhone.

However. Although that did make the noise go away it did come back after a month or so. Turned out my top mounts were not correctly torqued (another think for your guys to look into.) apparently they need to be torqued to the correct amount (I don't know what that is though). And tightened off the ramp. Often they are done up in the air when the suspension isn't under load.

Once that was done the clicking noise went away.
      04-10-2019, 12:26 PM   #64
Smeargle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

To respond to the thread, I've had H&R sports fitted for well over 15k miles now and I've never heard any of the sounds mentioned in this thread. I definitely go over a considerable amount of bumps as well(the roads in NY are comparable to driving on the moon) so I would say either your bushings are shot, or installer error. Also definitely don't go to the dealer for an alignment because they're gonna put oem alignment on your car which isn't good for a lowered car.

As for the side convo going on about spacers, here's my fitment with H&R sports and 15mm rear/12mm front macht shnell spacers :wink:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 02:48 PM   #65
ravibasuta
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeargle View Post
To respond to the thread, I've had H&R sports fitted for well over 15k miles now and I've never heard any of the sounds mentioned in this thread. I definitely go over a considerable amount of bumps as well(the roads in NY are comparable to driving on the moon) so I would say either your bushings are shot, or installer error. Also definitely don't go to the dealer for an alignment because they're gonna put oem alignment on your car which isn't good for a lowered car.

As for the side convo going on about spacers, here's my fitment with H&R sports and 15mm rear/12mm front macht shnell spacers :wink:
Looks great that! My clunks which I discovered was down to bad fitting! Screwed up the top mount bolt!had to be rethreaded and fixed by BMW.

Safe to say i wont be visting that guy again...
Sold my springs, hence selling my spacers.
      06-20-2023, 02:26 PM   #66
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Quote:
Update - problem solved.

And the noise has gone

Hey can you pin point this on a photo for me I'm having the same issue and its driving me insane

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0