Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

03-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #1
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Storing car for the next four months

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So I've read conflicted arguments on the proper storage of the car for 4 months.

The car is garaged and its going to be spring/summer here in the Northeast.

1. My car is requiring is 1yr oil service this month yet only has 5k, if I put it off till July is that a factor. Mechanically?, but moreover, affect warranty due to put off maintenance?

Now I can have my friend take it for a drive every week do at least 50 miles so the bottom points will be moot. But want to know if that will do more harm than good....realistically thats what i've been doing all year lol with 5k miles.

2. Gas tank full/or empty? Mine is empty right now aka 30 miles range.
-I've read that fuels nowadays wont require a stabilizer, but if you guys feel it necessary which one is the best one.

3. Do I need the Ctek charger?

Now all the other stuff such as over-inflate tires and whathave you... whats with all that?

Some say to just leave it...it will be fine for 4 months?

Thanks for your help guys, I know this has been discussed before.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2017, 07:30 PM   #2
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
There's only another week left to this month, so I'd get the oil change done next week. Better than having any possible warranty issues later, although that's probably a slim chance.

If your friend is going to take it out every week I think you're good. Otherwise, I think gas tank full, and at the very least I'd put it on a Ctek charger for good measure. The LiFePo batteries aren't the same as the AGM batteries, so not sure what a 4 month hibernation would do.

Appreciate 0