BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

03-09-2018, 02:54 PM   #45
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahrez View Post
Every time i've been to Europe I've noticed that every shopping cart is chained. Ex: in UK you have to put a 1GBP coin in the carts to get one, and you get the 1pound back when you return the cart..........it's enough to make people return the carts in the proper place. Maybe we should do something similar here
its like that here in canada too, not all places do it, the main place i know of is Super Store.
      03-09-2018, 06:22 PM   #46
brocurls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mazdarati

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
its like that here in canada too, not all places do it, the main place i know of is Super Store.
Only store of I know here in the east coast is Aldi, grocery store.

A quarter to unchain the shopping cart, and just plug the chain back into the line of other carts to pull your quarter out. Very rarely do I see an empty cart hanging around. Then again, the parking lot is not expansive so who knows how much people would value a quarter if the lot was as huge as our local Wegman's.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 10:51 AM   #47
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocurls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
Only store of I know here in the east coast is Aldi, grocery store.

A quarter to unchain the shopping cart, and just plug the chain back into the line of other carts to pull your quarter out. Very rarely do I see an empty cart hanging around. Then again, the parking lot is not expansive so who knows how much people would value a quarter if the lot was as huge as our local Wegman's.
That's because Aldi is a German chain. That's how all the grocery stores are in Germany.
Appreciate 0