EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

05-30-2016, 11:20 AM   #1
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 - SO/SS, 6MT

Garage List
Thumbs up GTA - SPRING F8x Meet and photo

Hi all,

During our March meets, everyone was excited about meeting up once we are into the season. It is now almost June and the season had started!!

Thus, we are planning another meet for all F8x owners... our SPRING Meet (given we have not past the summer solstice, it is still spring )

We are planning to meet Sunday June 12, 2016. We are still planning on the exact location and time, but thought to put this up early so people can plan their day ahead and get a great turn out.

For this meet, we are planning to meet more central so that people even out by Oakville / Burlington or Ajax / Oshawa can join us. Not only are we planning to meet up, but we are planning to then cruise together for a Photoshoot!! Yes, wouldn't it be amazing to show off all the F8x and show them how many ///M enthusiasts are there in GTA ...

CANADA!!

Let us know if you plan to join us!! Also, stay tune, we will provide more details within the next week. We will also be monitoring the weather and let everyone know if this gets cancel due to poor weather.

Cheers all... and looking forward to see everyone!!

Last edited by sunnyboy; 05-30-2016 at 04:59 PM..
Appreciate 3
      05-30-2016, 07:22 PM   #2
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 (2015 M3)

Sounds good bro. I am in!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 09:45 PM   #3
Mikster
Maverick
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80

Sounds good to me.
M
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 11:45 AM   #4
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
So, the weather is not looking too good. At this point, Sunday will likely be a rain storm. Let's keep monitoring and we will confirm by early next week...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 09:49 AM   #5
catch
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I'm in most likely... where there location?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 12:19 PM   #6
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Exclamation Sunday, Jun12... MEET DETAILS!!

Hi all,

Thanks for those that are interested. After monitoring the weather, I think we have a clear GOOD TO GO!! theweathernetwork.com is saying "Mainly Sunny".

Our plan is to meet first at a central location and then drive to ideal photo shoot locations around downtown Toronto. In order to accommodate most people, we are planning to meet at the Exhibition Place (CNE). Please refer to the following map (http://www.explace.on.ca/history/walking_tours.php). We will try to line up along Princes Blvd (which is just inside the main gate [Prince's Gate] 1).

Here is the planned schedule for Sunday, June 12:
3:30pm : Meet at the Exhibition Place (Princes Blvd)
4:00pm : Drive to Photoshoot location(s) (TBD)
4:30pm - 6:00pm : Photoshoot (both group and individual cars).

We welcome all at the meet at Exhibition Place. However, for the photoshoot, we would like to keep it to just F8x.

If this turns out to be successful, we will definitely plan further meets throughout the summer and will definitely open to everyone.

Feel free to post your questions here or PM me directly. Cheers and hope to see you all on Sunday!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 10:48 PM   #7
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyboy View Post
Hi all,

Thanks for those that are interested. After monitoring the weather, I think we have a clear GOOD TO GO!! theweathernetwork.com is saying "Mainly Sunny".

Our plan is to meet first at a central location and then drive to ideal photo shoot locations around downtown Toronto. In order to accommodate most people, we are planning to meet at the Exhibition Place (CNE). Please refer to the following map (http://www.explace.on.ca/history/walking_tours.php). We will try to line up along Princes Blvd (which is just inside the main gate [Prince's Gate] 1).

We welcome all at the meet at Exhibition Place. However, for the photoshoot, we would like to keep it to just F8x.

If this turns out to be successful, we will definitely plan further meets throughout the summer and will definitely open to everyone.

Feel free to post your questions here or PM me directly. Cheers and hope to see you all on Sunday!

Syscrusher will u join us and share your experience on your Competition Package?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 11:32 PM   #8
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosolow
Quote:
Hi all,

Syscrusher will u join us and share your experience on your Competition Package?
I will come if I have my car back in time. Getting Modesta Glass coating on my car this week. Should be able to pick up by Friday. Would love to be in the shoot!
2014 335 xi M Performance Edition BSM/Black
2007 Lexus IS 350
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2016, 11:06 AM   #9
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syscrusher View Post
I will come if I have my car back in time. Getting Modesta Glass coating on my car this week. Should be able to pick up by Friday. Would love to be in the shoot!
nice nice. welcome on board!! looking forward to see you all!!
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2016, 02:38 PM   #10
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosolow View Post
nice nice. welcome on board!! looking forward to see you all!!
Thank you! How many people usually meet up for the shoot? It doesn't take much to get me into my car to drive anywhere.
2007 Lexus IS 350
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2016, 03:22 PM   #11
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Pre-Meet Drive to Downtown

Hi guys,

A few of us who live in North GTA (Markham, North York, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, etc.) are planning to meet up and drive to CNE together. If you would like to join us, please meet us at Shops on Steeles and 404, at NE corner of Steeles and Don Mills. We will meet at the parking lot between Esso and Tim Hortons.

Let us meet at 2:45pm on Sunday June 12. We will be off latest at 3pm.

Cheers, see you all Sunday!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 06:36 AM   #12
TDotBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Hi guys,

A few of us who live in North GTA (Markham, North York, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, etc.) are planning to meet up and drive to CNE together. If you would like to join us, please meet us at Shops on Steeles and 404, at NE corner of Steeles and Don Mills. We will meet at the parking lot between Esso and Tim Hortons.

Let us meet at 2:45pm on Sunday June 12. We will be off latest at 3pm.

Cheers, see you all Sunday!

I will try to be there. What's the anticipated turn out for this?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #13
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDotDan View Post
I will try to be there. What's the anticipated turn out for this?
Well, we are anticipating anywhere from 10 - 20 F8x cars. During our impromptu meet in early March, we had about 12 F8x.
This was planned for couple weeks and includes a photoshoot. So, hopefully we will get a better turn out.

Here is a callback photo from the March meet... hopefully will motivate more people to join.

Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 12:46 PM   #14
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Unhappy

So big bummer My car will not be ready for Sunday. I am picking it up on Monday. Any chance we can met next weekend???? LOL.

Apparently, Modesta needs 24 hours to cure after the final coat, so I will be one day too late for the photoshoot.

Was really looking forward to this. Please let me know when the next meet is and I will be there for sure.
2007 Lexus IS 350
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 01:29 PM   #15
BBDC5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 16 F80

Quote:
So big bummer My car will not be ready for Sunday. I am picking it up on Monday. Any chance we can met next weekend???? LOL.

Apparently, Modesta needs 24 hours to cure after the final coat, so I will be one day too late for the photoshoot.

Was really looking forward to this. Please let me know when the next meet is and I will be there for sure.
Oh man, really want to see your car in person. Pictures can't do justice. Your car looks really nice, Sadly, I am only available this Sunday. If the meet is still happening this Sunday, I will join.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 04:40 PM   #16
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Hey guys. Based on weather so far, this Sunday is sunny!! So, the meet is definitely still on!

But do not despair, we will definitely have future meets during the summer. Again, if this one works out well, we will have plans for other photoshoot and even themed meets also.

See you all Sunday!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 08:08 PM   #17
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyboy
Hey guys. Based on weather so far, this Sunday is sunny!! So, the meet is definitely still on!

But do not despair, we will definitely have future meets during the summer. Again, if this one works out well, we will have plans for other photoshoot and even themed meets also.

See you all Sunday!
Ok. I'm in on the next one for sure. Maybe I'll show up in my white Chevy Malibu rental this time just to stare at the cars!
2007 Lexus IS 350
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 10:44 AM   #18
woosolow
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

That's sad bro. U are still welcome to join with ur alternative vehicle.

Bring along ur hot ride next time bud.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 03:41 PM   #19
Syscrusher
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosolow
Quote:

That's sad bro. U are still welcome to join with ur alternative vehicle.

Bring along ur hot ride next time bud.
Well it was meant to be apparently. It did not rain today so I was able to take delivery today. . See you tomorrow guys!
2007 Lexus IS 350
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 09:48 PM   #20
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well it was meant to be apparently. It did not rain today so I was able to take delivery today. . See you tomorrow guys!
1 word only... AWESOME!!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 09:37 AM   #21
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Hi all,

Here is a map of our approximate route for today. We will start from CNE to the following photo sites in this order:
  1. graffiti alley
  2. underpass skate park
  3. polson pier
  4. loblaw's parking, 10 lower Javis

If you can join us later, use this list and find us.

Cheers.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2016, 11:30 AM   #22
TDotBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Hi all,

Here is a map of our approximate route for today. We will start from CNE to the following photo sites in this order:
  1. graffiti alley
  2. underpass skate park
  3. polson pier
  4. loblaw's parking, 10 lower Javis

If you can join us later, use this list and find us.

Cheers.
Wont be able to make the cruise today something came up for later this aft and dont think i can get out of it.

Are you guys still meeting at 2:45 at Shops on Steeles... maybe i can quickly swing by for a quick meet greet and peek haha
Appreciate 0