EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

03-15-2017, 06:59 PM   #23
9SECDD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 Blk on Blk, DCT

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthFish View Post
Just wondering here, I am going to jump into the coding for the car as soon as I get it. Would there be a memory setting to code to enable by default or to change that value of 3K to maybe 2.5? or even 2.2k? Just wondering.

Of course this could be a question for the coding threads, but it is on the same topic of LC which is also on the same topic as using LC at the quarter mile.

That would be awesome, but not aware of anyone who has found out how to do that yet.
2015 F82 DCT M4. Max PSI Built Motor, Ported head, Full Bolt Ons, Upgraded fuel system, Motiv Reflex and flex hardware for flex fuel, Max PSI Crank Hub Fix, Pure PS2+ Turbos, SSP Spec X clutch, xHP Trans Flash, DSS Axles. Custom Ecutek tune by Ian @bend calibration. 780whp & 700+ ft lbs torque, 18" HRE R101s.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 11:45 PM   #24
StealthFish
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: FR F82 M4

Thanks...I guess I will just have to work that finger and set the launch control before the person lines up. Once the opponent lines up and hit the 2 yellows for staging in the ready status, the tree starts. I'll just hope the other guy burns his tires to give me a few extra seconds to set it.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #25
9SECDD
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks...I guess I will just have to work that finger and set the launch control before the person lines up. Once the opponent lines up and hit the 2 yellows for staging in the ready status, the tree starts. I'll just hope the other guy burns his tires to give me a few extra seconds to set it.
Yep. I always try to get to the tree first and do exactly that. But if I can't and I'm just doing a test and tune run, I'll take my time let the other driver go and leave when I'm ready even if it's with a five-second reaction time.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 10:58 PM   #26
StealthFish
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: FR F82 M4

I have heard that the car will automatically shift for you even in S mode if you have the kick mode active (foot on throttle beyond that notch at the bottom), is this true? I am just so afraid of bouncing off that rev limiter if it doesn't automatically changing gears for you during a run. Also kick down must be active to engage launch control, correct?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 08:23 PM   #27
9SECDD
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
I have heard that the car will automatically shift for you even in S mode if you have the kick mode active (foot on throttle beyond that notch at the bottom), is this true? I am just so afraid of bouncing off that rev limiter if it doesn't automatically changing gears for you during a run. Also kick down must be active to engage launch control, correct?
Yes, if you activate launch control. Launch control (S3, traction control fully off) will shift for you.
2015 F82 DCT M4. Max PSI Built Motor, Ported head, Full Bolt Ons, Upgraded fuel system, Motiv Reflex and flex hardware for flex fuel, Max PSI Crank Hub Fix, Pure PS2+ Turbos, SSP Spec X clutch, xHP Trans Flash, DSS Axles. Custom Ecutek tune by Ian @bend calibration. 780whp & 700+ ft lbs torque, 18" HRE R101s.
Appreciate 0