R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

05-12-2014, 11:04 PM   #177
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
Huh?

The new m3 isn't even close. Even a 997 turbo trapped 128 mph. Nothing bmw makes could keep pace with one. And that car is close to 10 years old.

Get real.
Not to mention the new 991 Turbo does 0-60 in 3 sec flat. 997 and 991 Turbo are in a different league and always will be.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 11:27 PM   #178
claudiumxg
Germany
Rep
Drives: x1 23d, 120d, Evo,STi,TT,....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Is this news to anyone, it is turbo charged.

You will just have to wait, because the new ecu is going to be a bitch to crack. The M5 ecu is still not cracked.
You dont have to crack the ecu at first.. external box will suffice for exhaust.. and slight boost increase for topend... it only rwd so to much power is not welcomed
Ps. ofcourse 911 turbo is no match ..but as i we said is not about o-100kmh or 0-400m, it is about in gear acceleration... how many times do you do 0-60 on highway, autobahn or on a track ? elasticity in gear is what counts, and a NA will always suffer especially when high reving
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 06:19 AM   #179
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiumxg View Post
What?!?!? You must be joking right?
.take a look at plastic interior trims ..how they fit near the sill and seatbelt area..not to mention the rear boot lid how poorly is aligned...is pathetic. How many jags have you owned? Do you have them constantly in your shop for repairs to be able to apreciate how poor are they built?
It seems that many people do not understand the idea of in gear acelleration, only 0-400m and trap speed.0-400m doesn't tell you to much about elasticity of the engine, which is what the v8 did not have ..is too peaky. If you would dtive it on autobahn and that take for a ride a 3.0tdi biturbo you would understand what i mean, and this is what they have finally corected
Read what you wrote before. It ain't that bad. You were implying that the build quality is terrible. The interior could be better, but it ain't terrible.
Don't do Jags, I'm coming from Lexus. My brother has a 380k mile Lexus. You don't see Jag's nor really BMWs with that type of mileage.

You said that the S55 will surely be easily to mod, but you don't know. As was state the ECU needs to be cracked and the M5's hasn't been either.
You are apparently used to flat 6s, not inline 6s, and then there is probably the build quality of your shop as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #180
bernpep
BMWCCA member #2429
Rep
Drives: '12M.C.Blue M3, '16 targa 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Will View Post
All I can say is long live the S65.
Here Here!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 02:43 PM   #181
Ringer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ms

Nice video, thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #182
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiumxg View Post
You dont have to crack the ecu at first.. external box will suffice for exhaust.. and slight boost increase for topend... it only rwd so to much power is not welcomed
Ps. ofcourse 911 turbo is no match ..but as i we said is not about o-100kmh or 0-400m, it is about in gear acceleration... how many times do you do 0-60 on highway, autobahn or on a track ? elasticity in gear is what counts, and a NA will always suffer especially when high reving
911 turbo in gear is a monster.

Again, even a STOCK 997.2 turbo S with 530 hp puts a major beating on an m6 stage 4 making 700 plus hp or 200 more than the turbo. So in gear the 911 destroys it. In track the turbo does that and then some.

As you know they aren't comparable at all. One is one of the fastest best handling cars in the world (911) and the other isn't.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 03:30 PM   #183
claudiumxg
Germany
Rep
Drives: x1 23d, 120d, Evo,STi,TT,....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
Read what you wrote before. It ain't that bad. You were implying that the build quality is terrible. The interior could be better, but it ain't terrible.
Don't do Jags, I'm coming from Lexus. My brother has a 380k mile Lexus. You don't see Jag's nor really BMWs with that type of mileage.

You said that the S55 will surely be easily to mod, but you don't know. As was state the ECU needs to be cracked and the M5's hasn't been either.
You are apparently used to flat 6s, not inline 6s, and then there is probably the build quality of your shop as well.
Many brands can learn a few things from lexus in terms of fit and finish and also reliabilty.even bmw...wich still uses cheap plastics on interiors. Here a f type is around 100000eur aka 140000usd, for that money it should be perfectly asambled(maybe i find some time to take some pictures from the cars exposed at the jag dealer in Nürnberg..you will laugh )...i could also post you some pictures with my shop regarding 'build quality' (the 997 was on a lift in area were i do vans and light trucks so is inerhently a bit dirty ) is of topic and of no importance but i can show you a example of how've build parts...hope is 'qualty enough ' ))
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #184
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
I gather that you have not seen Sufcliffe's reviews of the 918, P1, and LaFerrari?
With LaFerrari he was gushing on about "emotions", and the sound of the V12 and how the car felt like a supernatural 458.

He has a different opinion. I really like Chris Harris, but it seems like people are waitin for what he says because the reviews so far have been "good car, bad sound", and people want or wish that to be untrue.
What if Chris says the same thing? Then what? Then is he wrong?
I believe Chris Harris will like the car, especially the torque, but he will hate the sound, or lack thereof, and the Active Sound issue. Just like he called out Ferrari for it's issues, he may call out BMW M for some things.
Actually, I have seen all of them and find them to be slightly feigned. When Harris (or even someone like Clarkson) comments on a car, their voice sound true and very much their own. Sutcliffe doesn't seem to have a distinctive voice to me and I feel like he's been trying lately to match the more dynamic and visceral reviews done by people like Harris. This isn't a bad thing, and I realize this is very subjective.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #185
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Not to mention the new 991 Turbo does 0-60 in 3 sec flat. 997 and 991 Turbo are in a different league and always will be.
Aaaannnnd ... the Turbo S does o-60 in 2.6 secs I think.

Let's consider that. A $200k car that is 0.1 seconds slower to 60 than a $2 Million Veyron.

It's absolutely ridiculous to even think that BMW make any car in that league.

They could. They just don't right now.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 03:51 AM   #186
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by b33g33 View Post
Actually, I have seen all of them and find them to be slightly feigned. When Harris (or even someone like Clarkson) comments on a car, their voice sound true and very much their own. Sutcliffe doesn't seem to have a distinctive voice to me and I feel like he's been trying lately to match the more dynamic and visceral reviews done by people like Harris. This isn't a bad thing, and I realize this is very subjective.
He seems sincere to me. Thing is, if he veers off too far people will say that he is trying to be the opposite. Clarkson? He is very hyperbolic. The only thing sincere about him is his ability to put his foot in his mouth...
Appreciate 0