Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

04-03-2017, 09:14 PM   #1
caacosta
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Bought used M3, codes showing up

Thanks for everyone's input in advance. At this time, I'm not looking to figure out liability.

I'd like to get a sense as to what would be the best approach to having this repaired.

Bought 2016 F80, was in a minor accident. The accident was on the passenger side and according to the body shop invoice, all was repaired with OEM parts.

Upon receipt, error codes showed for restraint system malfunction and air bag module. The air bag module was replaced, but more errors have shown up at initial diagnostic.

Here are the codes discovered:
1. ACSM Module -9309D2: Seat belt contact in Right read in relation to coding data
2. Window on driver door and passenger door rolling up
3. Voltage supply fault for fuse 13
4. Emergency loud speaker, open circuit - B7F325

Dealer wants $600 to perform additional diagnostics, which may or may not be covered under manufacturer's warranty depending on what they find out. They're citing that body work done may have caused these issues.

Do you think its worth having them proceed or should I just take this to an independent shop?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 11:28 AM   #2
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by caacosta View Post
Thanks for everyone's input in advance. At this time, I'm not looking to figure out liability.

I'd like to get a sense as to what would be the best approach to having this repaired.

Bought 2016 F80, was in a minor accident. The accident was on the passenger side and according to the body shop invoice, all was repaired with OEM parts.

Upon receipt, error codes showed for restraint system malfunction and air bag module. The air bag module was replaced, but more errors have shown up at initial diagnostic.

Here are the codes discovered:
1. ACSM Module -9309D2: Seat belt contact in Right read in relation to coding data
2. Window on driver door and passenger door rolling up
3. Voltage supply fault for fuse 13
4. Emergency loud speaker, open circuit - B7F325

Dealer wants $600 to perform additional diagnostics, which may or may not be covered under manufacturer's warranty depending on what they find out. They're citing that body work done may have caused these issues.

Do you think its worth having them proceed or should I just take this to an independent shop?
Maybe they were never reset after the accident? I'd try clearing them and see if they come back before you spend any money.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 11:29 AM   #3
f80er
Banned
Rep
Drives: An M3

Why not take it back to the body shop that did the work? Or get whomever sold you the car to fix it for you under good will.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 09:27 AM   #4
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post
Why not take it back to the body shop that did the work? Or get whomever sold you the car to fix it for you under good will.
That's the best action especially it had to do with safety! Did you pull the codes, and if yes and you know how to use ISTA you can clear them and see if they come back or run the test procedures.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 09:37 AM   #5
1MORELAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 911 GTS '19 X3, X5, X7

Clear them first. $40 Carista bluetooth dongle and BimmerLink App will allow you to do that easily.
      04-06-2017, 12:36 PM   #6
caacosta
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the input.

I spoke with another mechanic, and went ahead with the diagnostic since it will most likely be covered under the warranty.

Already have my cable and E-sys installed if needed. I do like the idea of using Carista to simply clear the codes. Went ahead and purchased that since Bluetooth would be much easier than connecting to my wi-fi from car.

Will update the thread on what I hear back from the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 06:58 PM   #7
caacosta
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Got an update from the SA, said they're waiting for BMW NA to provide them with software. Not sure what the hold up is, but should find out tomorrow.
Appreciate 0