Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

Closed Thread

01-25-2015, 08:56 PM   #375
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
lol! This one is pretty popular
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 10:04 PM   #376
04RC51
Large Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F82 M4

This thread is classic BimmerPost! People fuming because other people don't treat their M car like a Bugatti. Haha! I love you guys!

I valet my car all the time. If someone else gets to enjoy it, I'm happy. It's just a car, it's not a Bugatti, people don't care about it, it's not rare, it's not exotic. It's just an M4, a very nice car!
      01-26-2015, 12:23 AM   #377
aksi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RC51 View Post
This thread is classic BimmerPost! People fuming because other people don't treat their M car like a Bugatti. Haha! I love you guys!

I valet my car all the time. If someone else gets to enjoy it, I'm happy. It's just a car, it's not a Bugatti, people don't care about it, it's not rare, it's not exotic. It's just an M4, a very nice car!
It's not because it is a M car. It is something that you own and you love.
Even if it was a beater car that is ugly, nothing to look at for other people.
As long as the owner cares about the car and takes care of it and have passion in it, it makes me somehow feel good about it.
It does not matter if it is a Bugatti or not. Any cars on the road is owned by someone and even if it is not cared by the owner or not, it is someone else's property and you shouldn't mess with it.
Do I have to go on here?
Respect other people's property, even if it was a pencil you just borrowed.
Appreciate 2
      01-26-2015, 12:42 AM   #378
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels....

I visited The Langham Pasadena a few months ago with my 6er didn't know they had only valet. I dropped my girlfriend off at the hotel, drove the car out of the hotel about a mile away and parked on the street and walked back to the hotel.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 05:51 AM   #379
Prophizee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 GTR, 2014 x1 3.5 Msport

where do you guys hide your dash cams so no one can see them. just curious. BTW the guy is an absolute moron. Who does this to others property is a complete doush.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 01:15 PM   #380
SunnyD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:

That's like having someone over to your house and letting them completely trash it. It's not like it's a $10MM house right? The point is, people should respect other peoples' possessions.
'98 ///M3 | 5MT - Gone
'07 ///M Coupe | 6MT - Gone
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 01:48 PM   #381
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: geo metro

Quote:

This is classic trolling! I just hope you grow up and put your big boy pants on before you or one of your trolling partners parks next to me and smashes your door into mine and says "meh".

It's people like you...
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 01:49 PM   #382
nabizzy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M LBB

did that guy just liken a valet abusing a vehicle to 2 guys drugging and raping someones wife........
2019 Audi Q8
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 03:00 PM   #383
chuckles01
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i Sport, 6M

I've had very two bad experiences valeting my car, none of which were with my BMW (but on my previous car, which was a Honda), that really left a sour taste with letting others park my car.

First instance - valet at an airport long term parking service. When I returned, I noticed that my car had been fiddled with. All the CDs in the 6 disc CD changer were different, and a DVD was actually inserted into the cd player to see if it could play movies on the nav screen. I did not write down the # of miles on the odometer before valeting it, but I suspect that the car was driven as well given that the gas level was noticeably less than where I left it.

Second instance - valet at large parking complex hit my car on another car leaving large scrapes on the bumper. I filed a claim with the parking company and my insurance, and while in person the parking company said they would take care of it, afterwards they refused to respond to my insurance company. Long story short, my insurance took care of it after some back and forth, but needless to say I will never park at those establishments again.

I now have a dash camera installed that will hopefully help if I ever run into these scenarios again. What's frustrating in these instances for me is that anytime something happens, the facility I so happened to park with went into complete denial (even with proof) and refused to respond, pick up calls, answer emails, anything. It's great that the parking facility in the video posted here seemed to respond and take action right away.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 03:08 PM   #384
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles01 View Post
I've had very two bad experiences valeting my car, none of which were with my BMW (but on my previous car, which was a Honda), that really left a sour taste with letting others park my car.

First instance - valet at an airport long term parking service. When I returned, I noticed that my car had been fiddled with. All the CDs in the 6 disc CD changer were different, and a DVD was actually inserted into the cd player to see if it could play movies on the nav screen. I did not write down the # of miles on the odometer before valeting it, but I suspect that the car was driven as well given that the gas level was noticeably less than where I left it.

Second instance - valet at large parking complex hit my car on another car leaving large scrapes on the bumper. I filed a claim with the parking company and my insurance, and while in person the parking company said they would take care of it, afterwards they refused to respond to my insurance company. Long story short, my insurance took care of it after some back and forth, but needless to say I will never park at those establishments again.

I now have a dash camera installed that will hopefully help if I ever run into these scenarios again. What's frustrating in these instances for me is that anytime something happens, the facility I so happened to park with went into complete denial (even with proof) and refused to respond, pick up calls, answer emails, anything. It's great that the parking facility in the video posted here seemed to respond and take action right away.

same thing happened to me.. They told me there was no way my car could have been fooled with but yet they leave the door to the key room unlocked and open..anyone could walk up, steal some keys and then just return them later when no one was looking...no one would have any idea the car was even missing unless the owner happened to request the car.

This company did the right thing right away but i think here the proof was 100% undeniable and since it was already a massive thread with tons of people talking about it the bad PR they could have received probably forced the timeline a little faster than normal.

Its still funny that little bastard took down his Youtube and Twitter immediately after.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 04:56 PM   #385
Bonzer103
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY/SO M3

I normally do not read drama threads, but on an airplane and thought 'what the hell, have time to kill...."
Should have just read the SkyMall.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 05:08 PM   #386
Time
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzer103 View Post
I normally do not read drama threads, but on an airplane and thought 'what the hell, have time to kill...."
Should have just read the SkyMall.

Maybe you should have, who knows how many more chances you will have

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-0...ts-change.html

Last edited by Time; 01-26-2015 at 05:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 10:19 PM   #387
Bonzer103
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MMB View Post
Maybe you should have, who knows how many more chances you will have

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-0...ts-change.html
Damn, should have brought mine home for a souvenir (and perhaps get that bar-b-que pit that looks like a pot belly pig)
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 09:58 AM   #388
Fahrvergnügen
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: geo metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkelblau View Post
I love when people get all up in arms because some one is actually excited about what the car really is for...

MOTORSPORT!

all you neutered 80 year olds with the money for these cars are a bunch of kitty kats for a lack of a better word.

Valeting your motorsport branded vehicle that never sees anything over 65mph.

Of course the 19 year old valet is going to bust a nut CUS HE STILL HAS A PAIR!

that wasn't even a joy ride...
Another troll?

How is letting a half-brained 19yo douche exploit your car unknowingly in a tight underground parking garage called Motorsport?

This thread has already discussed the low IQ of people like you so I would suggest you please read a bit more before thinking your comment is novel.

I would also say that age has nothing to do with how people should think about treating other people's property, rather it is more to do with the quality of parenting (or lack there of in your case). I am sure there are member on here that are younger than you and have made much better life decisions than you to be able to have something nicer than you, and they don't want idiots like you driving their nice things. I am 27 years old and I treat everything I own / have with respect and I do the same onto other's property.

Grow up and stop making troll-like comments to grab attention you can't get in the real world...
Appreciate 3
      01-27-2015, 10:02 AM   #389
Mandi90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoM4 View Post
Grow up and stop making troll-like comments to grab attention you can't get in the real world...
This. x1000.
      01-27-2015, 10:47 AM   #390
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
I love when people get all up in arms because some one is actually excited about what the car really is for...

MOTORSPORT!

all you neutered 80 year olds with the money for these cars are a bunch of kitty kats for a lack of a better word.

Valeting your motorsport branded vehicle that never sees anything over 65mph.

Of course the 19 year old valet is going to bust a nut CUS HE STILL HAS A PAIR!

that wasn't even a joy ride...
Quote:
BTW this forum is full of BMW Princesses... I love my 328is but you guys are too much...
I get it, it sucks not to be able to afford the car you want. I was there once to and hopefully if you work hard enough it will happen for you as well. Then you can get what you really want.

What are you talking about? Haven't you seen what we do with these things? From jumping these things from time to time and racing them on frozen lakes etc. I'd say we are getting the most out of these cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 08:17 AM   #391
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
I figured BMW would treat their M customers with more respect.

They should treat all customers with respect.
      01-28-2015, 03:12 PM   #392
kdphan
Captain
Rep
Drives: everything is gone!

Quote:
BTW this forum is full of BMW Princesses... I love my 328is but you guys are too much...
enjoy the 328is broll
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 03:24 PM   #393
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
They should treat all customers with respect.
+1 But, I'll give him the benefit if the doubt that he meant this to.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 06:10 PM   #394
lenhart1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i, 2011 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff 80 View Post
@chicagom4

Wow. I am definitely keeping my dash cam on when I service the car. May you PM me the dealers name? I need to know which dealer not to service the car at.

The closest to me is Perillo... But ive had bad experiences with them in the past.
I also had bad experiences with Perillo.... I go to Bimmer Werkshop off of Montrose now after I saw some good reviews. I think these guys are really good. They fixed a leak on my Z4's driver side door that perillo and two other dealerships couldn't fix in multiple attempts while the car was still under warranty--That really had me impressed. It also makes me very happy that I get to talk to the guy working on my car and walk into the shop even though isn't not as immaculate looking as the bmw garage's.

Last edited by lenhart1; 01-28-2015 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 06:40 PM   #395
lenhart1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i, 2011 1M

Quote:
I've always been curious how much more people have to pay to leave their cars out front. What's typical?
$10-20 extra was typical about 8 years ago in Chicago... but it all depended on how much we thought we could get based on how busy the place was and what kind of person the guy/girl was. If it was someone we knew or a police officer off duty we'd park them out front for free if that's what they wanted (We really didn't have a choice with the off duty police...they parked wherever they wanted whenever they wanted). Sometimes we could extract $60 extra for a front spot, but that's about it...

If we knew it was a car someone cared about though, we'd tell them to let us park it on the street opposite the club--safer, but not entirely safe from someone getting tackled on the hood. We'd also offer to park people's car farther up in the garage or in a safer place of the lot for an extra $5. 90% of the guys really did care about the cars--and didn't want to work with the other 10% that didn't care--if a car got damaged, it wasn't fun.

After all I saw, I don't valet my cars, but for people who do I'd offer the following advice: give the guy an extra $5 up front and ask him to take good care of it. $5 is a generous tip (a lot of people wouldn't tip) and it will get you their respect (and it's still probably cheaper than using a garage on your own). If he's one of the 90% good guys, you car will be fine. If he's the 10%, no amount of money would make any difference. Your car is safer from damage in the lot or garage than sitting out front. We were always chasing people off that wanted to sit or lean (with jeans that had metal rivets on the butt) on the cars out front. In the lot or garage, you at least have a valet going around every few min to chase off anyone that didn't belong there looking to brake a window and rob the cars--which did happen rarely.

Driving the whole range of cars was really cool and defiantly worth the time I spent trying to drive a Ferrari like in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. From a pile of junk with everything broken to a Lamborghini, or a classic RX7, a stick shift benz, a mustang with a super heavy clutch, seeing the cheap interior of a viper, etc. The other benefit was knowing everyone in the club scene that could get you in for free, parked for free, and drinks for free....well worth the time spent driving some cool cars...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 03:50 PM   #396
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophizee View Post
where do you guys hide your dash cams so no one can see them. just curious. BTW the guy is an absolute moron. Who does this to others property is a complete doush.
Why would you WANT to hide the dash cam so no one see's them. I would absolutely WANT a valet to see the cam.

If you want to CATCH someone doing something bad - hide the cam. If you want to PREVENT something bad from happening stick it in their face!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread