EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

05-25-2019, 06:38 PM   #287
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOR View Post
I’m looking to get the 2m replica gts hood for weight savings, but someone told me it’s actually heavier than oem aluminium. Is that true?
The OEM aluminum hood is actually really light weight. Most GTS reps, if not all, are at the same weight or heavier than the OEM hood. Even the amazing GTS hood is only about 20%-30% lighter than the OEM aluminum one. So don't get a rep for weight savings; you'd be wasting your money.

So now that we got the weight savings argument out of the way, let's just be honest and say you should get one for looks. So that being said, don't get the 2M hood for looks either. It's got puffy and soft/rounded edges. There are better looking reps out there.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 08:30 PM   #288
AMOR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.shell View Post
The OEM aluminum hood is actually really light weight. Most GTS reps, if not all, are at the same weight or heavier than the OEM hood. Even the amazing GTS hood is only about 20%-30% lighter than the OEM aluminum one. So don't get a rep for weight savings; you'd be wasting your money.

So now that we got the weight savings argument out of the way, let's just be honest and say you should get one for looks. So that being said, don't get the 2M hood for looks either. It's got puffy and soft/rounded edges. There are better looking reps out there.
Thanks! How about the carbon hood and trunk options from Seibon? Are they any lighter than OEM? Seibon seems to be a reputable brand with many years of experience in producing CF parts.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 10:03 PM   #289
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by x.shell View Post

Thanks! How about the carbon hood and trunk options from Seibon? Are they any lighter than OEM? Seibon seems to be a reputable brand with many years of experience in producing CF parts.
I don't know how much the seibon hoods weigh but every seibon hood I've seen in person seem to be a 9/10. They're not perfect but far better than good enough. I don't believe they make a GTS rep.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 08:48 AM   #290
Vinny's M4
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

I got the CF GTS hood from IND. Let me tell you, it's worth the price!! I emailed Ryan directly and he gave me a solid discount from the price on the website and he paint matched it. Hit him up, tell em Vinny sent yah.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      05-04-2020, 10:14 PM   #291
deli333
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

am I the only who thinks gts hood have better viewing angles than stock one? I hated the stock one as soon as I drive gts hood.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 11:26 PM   #292
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deli333 View Post
am I the only who thinks gts hood have better viewing angles than stock one? I hated the stock one as soon as I drive gts hood.
Love the oem hood to. But the GTS/CS hood is on another level.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 12:06 AM   #293
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny's M4 View Post
I got the CF GTS hood from IND. Let me tell you, it's worth the price!! I emailed Ryan directly and he gave me a solid discount from the price on the website and he paint matched it. Hit him up, tell em Vinny sent yah.
Funny, Ryan didn’t give me any special discount when I name dropped you? He didn’t know any Vinny.

Love the color with the CS hood.
Did it come with the hardware kit?

Kidding about Ryan btw
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2020, 07:30 AM   #294
Vinny's M4
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny's M4 View Post
Funny, Ryan didn’t give me any special discount when I name dropped you? He didn’t know any Vinny.

Love the color with the CS hood.
Did it come with the hardware kit?

Kidding about Ryan btw
Lol, yeah brother it comes with everything ready to install.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 09:22 PM   #295
deli333
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
And a second car + video

i couldnt stop quoting this.
you were trying to justify your oem gts purchase with every single detail. did you see that oem, factory fitment of bonnet you posted here? huge gaps
Appreciate 0