EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

11-09-2015, 09:26 AM   #1
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

RW Carbon

Anyone use these guys and have success? They are local and have very good prices and a seemingly good product. Think of their rear diffuser.....
      11-09-2015, 11:40 AM   #2
BMW M4 PWR
Major
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow 6-spd manual M4

Yes it's just about as good as the M factory one by everyone who's gotten it account. I'm about to order one myself this week*
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 12:06 PM   #3
e90-4aj
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: E46-M3, F80-M3, 970 GTS

I have a 1x1 diffuser on order now and once it's done I will post pics. Lots of people have had good experience so I gave it a shot. Price point is great
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 01:10 PM   #4
Irishsig
In Hoc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 6MT MG/SO

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Their M performance replica diffuser looks pretty spot on,
but their RKP diffuser does have some distortion in the weave on the edge of the fins.
I'll be buying the M diffuser with some other goodies from them this week.
      11-14-2015, 03:30 PM   #5
Irishsig
In Hoc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Just received a bunch of stuff from RW Carbon in the mail today:
3D Design Rep front lip
M performance rep rear diffuser
M performance rep rear spoiler
Gloss black front grills

I gotta say they look pretty good for the price.
1st off the packaging was well thought out. It took me 20 min just to unwrap the pieces, haha.
It seriously felt like Christmas for me.
There are a few imperfections in the weave but once they're on the car I don't think they will be nearly as noticeable.
I tried to capture some of them in the pics but you have to get it at the right angle/light to see them.
I'm pretty critical with all the stuff I buy but considering the disgusting amount of money I saved I def couldn't justify buying the original product.
I guess it's either living with some imperfections or living with the fact I would have spent thousand of dollars buying original stuff, pick your poison.
The only thing that would have been better is if I was able to go by their store in person to pick out and QC my own pieces (my work schedule just doesn't allow for it).
If there is enough interest in this I may end up making my own thread but in the meantime I hope this helps out any potential buyers on the fence one way or another.

Front Lip

Slight marring in the finish. May end up exchanging.

Rear Diffuser

Rear Spoiler

Blemish in weave of spoiler
      11-14-2015, 11:51 PM   #6
SROC3
United_States
Rep

Rear diffuser looks great. I'm likely getting one too.
      11-15-2015, 12:07 AM   #7
mikex25
Major
Rep
Drives: Grey thing

Their price for the splitter is a big high considering we can get them for around $600
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2015, 02:45 AM   #8
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

So to summarize this thread, RW rips of other companies designs but has no knowledge on how to do it so the finish is low... Want some "Rolex" watches and a "Louis Vuitton" bag with those CF parts?

Last edited by metrickid; 11-15-2015 at 06:03 AM..
Appreciate 1
BMWZ41909.50
      11-15-2015, 08:00 PM   #9
jcote258
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 F95 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
So to summarize this thread, RW rips of other companies designs but has no knowledge on how to do it so the finish is low... Want some "Rolex" watches and a "Louis Vuitton" bag with those CF parts?
From what I understand they don't rip anyone off, I believe they order from an overseas manufacture (Ebay, cnaAutoFans, etc.) and do an in house QC check on the parts before reselling them to make sure fit and finish are acceptable. So you may pay a bit more than on Ebay but you know that when it arrives it will fit like it's supposed to and if for whatever reason it doesn't you have a customer service person to deal with for an easier exchange, I think the little extra is worth it.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 08:09 PM   #10
SROC3
United_States
Rep

I'll tell you this - I'm the biggest stickler for bad customer service, as well as very clear on what an excellent experience is. I actually had a conversation with mike (one of the owners) and he even invited me down to the shop to see for myself if I liked the build quality before purchasing anything. I'm getting my car on Tuesday and will likely go to his shop on Thursday or Friday. I will report back my findings.
      11-15-2015, 11:19 PM   #11
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcote258 View Post
From what I understand they don't rip anyone off, I believe they order from an overseas manufacture (Ebay, cnaAutoFans, etc.) and do an in house QC check on the parts before reselling them to make sure fit and finish are acceptable. So you may pay a bit more than on Ebay but you know that when it arrives it will fit like it's supposed to and if for whatever reason it doesn't you have a customer service person to deal with for an easier exchange, I think the little extra is worth it.
So if I buy cheap replicas from someone else and sell them that all of a sudden make it better than doing them from scratch?

RW is a shitty company making money of people doing great products. If you want to sponsor that, go ahead. But I wouldn't give a dollar to someone making a living ripping of other designs and "stealing" money from the original manufacturer.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 01:51 PM   #12
Irishsig
In Hoc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
Rear diffuser looks great. I'm likely getting one too.
Yeah the rear diffuser was flawless.
I think I may exchange the rear spoiler for another, since there were some weave imperfections and it would stand out more on something like a spoiler.
      11-16-2015, 02:41 PM   #13
marcus321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Acura NSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikex25 View Post
Their price for the splitter is a big high considering we can get them for around $600
I noticed the same thing for the CF m4 spoiler. It was 340$ shipped to my house or I can spend 480$ shipped at getbmwparts and get an OEM spoiler and not a Chinese replica.

IG: marcusnc1
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 04:19 PM   #14
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcote258 View Post
So if I buy cheap replicas from someone else and sell them that all of a sudden make it better than doing them from scratch?

RW is a shitty company making money of people doing great products. If you want to sponsor that, go ahead. But I wouldn't give a dollar to someone making a living ripping of other designs and "stealing" money from the original manufacturer.
So, by that statement, you also feel that companies like Status Gruppe, VRS, RKP, etc. are shitty companies... You know, since they all make similar to OEM diffusers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2015, 06:03 PM   #15
AM4ZING
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 MW/SO 6MT, E46 M3 AW/IR 6MT

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbennettksu View Post
So, by that statement, you also feel that companies like Status Gruppe, VRS, RKP, etc. are shitty companies... You know, since they all make similar to OEM diffusers.
Good point... A lot of companies make "replicas" or "similar style" products so if you're going to bash one, you're bashing them all.. No one hates on HRE for making similar style wheels as BBS and no one bashes mode carbon for having a GTS style front spoiler... to each their own. Ppl have the right to spend their hard earned cash on whatever they want...
      11-17-2015, 12:17 AM   #16
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbennettksu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM4ZING View Post
Good point... A lot of companies make "replicas" or "similar style" products so if you're going to bash one, you're bashing them all.. No one hates on HRE for making similar style wheels as BBS and no one bashes mode carbon for having a GTS style front spoiler... to each their own. Ppl have the right to spend their hard earned cash on whatever they want...
Similar is one thing, as they try to be creative. RW do sell products identical (as close as they can) and even call them "Hamann style" to make it even clearer.

I agree that people spend their own money as they wish, all I said was that I think it's poor judgment to support people that lives of ripping of others.
Appreciate 2
DINMANN222.00
      11-17-2015, 08:53 PM   #17
wigaster
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 AW 6MT

Not to defend the high prices that some of these companies charge but a lot goes into R&D into developing many of these new products and as a result the prices start getting high. I believe this company (RW) forgoes that R&D and simply creates molds of other products. As a result they can produce a cheaper product. Yes you could argue that this is playing unfairly. I would probably be pissed if they were copying a design that I had put a lot of effort into creating and selling but it is what it is. Most people are going to have a hard time telling theirs from the original product. I considered buying their products for my car but chickened out for the real deal despite mostly positive reviews for their products.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2015, 09:37 PM   #18
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Anyone have a link?

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 10:31 PM   #19
mikex25
Major
Rep
Drives: Grey thing

It's so hard justifying paying over 1k for a cf front lip when you know it's going to crack. But eye level cf pieces such as spoilers and mirrors I don't think I could ever live with the imperfections.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 07:06 AM   #20
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikex25
It's so hard justifying paying over 1k for a cf front lip when you know it's going to crack. But eye level cf pieces such as spoilers and mirrors I don't think I could ever live with the imperfections.
Agree. I would consider their front lip, but go real deal on the rear of the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 04:47 AM   #21
Clikx
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW YMB M3 F80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishsig View Post
Just received a bunch of stuff from RW Carbon in the mail today:
3D Design Rep front lip
M performance rep rear diffuser
M performance rep rear spoiler
Gloss black front grills

I gotta say they look pretty good for the price.
1st off the packaging was well thought out. It took me 20 min just to unwrap the pieces, haha.
It seriously felt like Christmas for me.
There are a few imperfections in the weave but once they're on the car I don't think they will be nearly as noticeable.
I tried to capture some of them in the pics but you have to get it at the right angle/light to see them.
I'm pretty critical with all the stuff I buy but considering the disgusting amount of money I saved I def couldn't justify buying the original product.
I guess it's either living with some imperfections or living with the fact I would have spent thousand of dollars buying original stuff, pick your poison.
The only thing that would have been better is if I was able to go by their store in person to pick out and QC my own pieces (my work schedule just doesn't allow for it).
If there is enough interest in this I may end up making my own thread but in the meantime I hope this helps out any potential buyers on the fence one way or another.

Front Lip

What about fitment?? Did you try to mount the front lip?

https://www.instagram.com/clikxx/
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #22
Irishsig
In Hoc
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clikx View Post
What about fitment?? Did you try to mount the front lip?
I will be picking the car up from the dealership in 12 days.