proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

07-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #1
M Pulse
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 F82

Ultimate Package Question?

Hi all, I recently placed an order for a 2017 M4 with the Ultimate Package. I'm curious as to when/where the MPE and Carbon Fibre performance parts get installed.

Is MPE installed during production in Germany or once it lands in Canada? If Canada is it installed at port of Halifax once it's unloaded from the ship or by my dealer?

I assume the carbon fibre performance parts aren't installed in Germany as to risk any damage during transport but I could be wrong.

Lastly, what's the best way to get updates in Canada while I'm waiting for my car? Is it best to just keep checking in with my CA or is there an online system where we can get regular updates?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 09:03 PM   #2
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

MPE gets installed in halifax. I dont know for sure about the rest.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 10:48 AM   #3
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

MPE, the CF bits etc are all port installed - Halifax

Good tracking info
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...76&postcount=7

You can also call bmw cust service if you have your vin and or prod number
1800 567 2691

We don't have a portal type tool like in the USA where you can track the build
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 09:14 PM   #4
Montreal M2
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: LCI F87 AW 6MT MPE/FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Pulse View Post
Hi all, I recently placed an order for a 2017 M4 with the Ultimate Package. I'm curious as to when/where the MPE and Carbon Fibre performance parts get installed.

Is MPE installed during production in Germany or once it lands in Canada? If Canada is it installed at port of Halifax once it's unloaded from the ship or by my dealer?

I assume the carbon fibre performance parts aren't installed in Germany as to risk any damage during transport but I could be wrong.

Lastly, what's the best way to get updates in Canada while I'm waiting for my car? Is it best to just keep checking in with my CA or is there an online system where we can get regular updates?
Went through all of this 4 months ago, your CA is useless and so is BMW Canada.

I can't stress "useless" enough..

Everything you need is in this thread;

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1181156

The only thing you'll require from your dealership is your vin (once it's produced) and you do the rest yourself!

Online vin decoder (just google search bmw vin decoder) will pull up the results of your build when your car has either entered or completed production (can't remember if it's before or after, but either way, your car takes 1 week to build)

From there, follow what the thread tells you and you'll know everything about your M's journey...
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2016, 11:21 PM   #5
bjf66
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is DCT

What do they do with all the OEM parts they take off, such as the stock exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 03:13 AM   #6
two+2
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP Grey Black

BMW Canada keeps them. To my knowledge buying the Ultimate package is no different than buying a la carte the packages separately. Any installed items like stock exhaust and original color mirrors I presume are taken back to the bins by BMW Canada.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 04:11 AM   #7
TheOne
BROKER
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 F82 M4 Competition BSM

All the CF parts missing on my brand new M4 Ultimate Package

So my dealer in Toronto brought an M4 Ultimate Package for me from Montreal ( Dealer trade )
My delivery was scheduled for this weekend and I just went to see the car this afternoon.

I fired her up while she was sitting outside in the cold and snow and noticed hmmm this doesn't sound like the MPE and the UPs I've heard before!
Got out and looked at the rear and to my surprise the CF exhaust tips and the CF diffuser are missing!!!
The car sounded like my current regular MY15 M4!

Dealer was surprised and said but all the papers say Ultimate Package probably the Montreal dealer had deleted the CF parts !!!

Left the dealerships and after going back and forth over texts and the dealer scratching his head too he came back saying with the Ultimate Package the exhaust and the CF parts get delivered separately and they get installed by the dealer !

None of the CF parts are installed on this car!
Aren't they factory installed ?

Am I missing something ?

I think the car is a misbuild !!!

Retired : '05 E46 330ci ZHP Sparkling Graphite on Blk | '08 E92 335 Blk on Coral Red | '11 E92 335is Blk on Blk | '15 F82 ///M4 MG on SO
Appreciate 0