Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

03-05-2017, 08:04 PM   #45
elisiX
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_dave View Post
Golden brown looks amazing... and I'm sure will get better with age.
It's all about the patina

I think the only reason I am debating one over the other is because I see the Nardo/Sakhir combo as a younger look vs the Grigio Medio/Golden Brown.

I'm 34

2020 BMW X3M Competition ///M - ALPINE WHITE / SAKHIR ORANGE

Past: 18' BMW M3CS | 18' BMW X5M | '17 BMW M3 Competition | '16 Mercedes GLC250 | '16 BMW X5M | '15 BMW X5 M50d | '14 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 08:12 PM   #46
im_dave
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: R53 MCS

Haha. I'm 34 too and I reckon the AW/Sakhir or any red interior for that matter screams way too young nowadays for me personally! The brown looks fresh, different and classy. If you are going to keep it for a while that's a great option.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 08:29 PM   #47
elisiX
Major
Australia
Rep

I'd like to say I'll keep the car 4-5 years, though I tend to switch them every 2-3.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2017, 05:24 PM   #48
purecrema
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 997 GT2, Macan Turbo, M3, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post
Grigio Telesto - nice colour, but unfortunately $10k with GST and LCT.

So...... I found out today that Grigio Medio costs the same as Nardo, not the same as Telesto as I initially thought. That changes things a little and gives me another option. Add to that the fact that I also realized that Amaro Brown and Golden Brown are NCO, I'm now narrowing down my choices.

I spent quite a bit of time today hunting down Individual colors in Sydney and there were few. I was however able to see Tanzanite Blue on a 6 series GC. Disappointed is the word. While I'm sure it pops in direct sunlight, it's very 'blue', and quite flat/boring without the sparkle. Overcast day didn't help but I know now that it's not for me. Especially coming from an X5M in Carbon Black.

So with Tanzanite off the table, I'm left with 3 options.

Alpine White / Sakhir Orange - This is the cheapest option with zero cost for paint or interior.

Nardo Grey / Sakhir Orange - I do think Golden Brown is an option here, however Sakhir works better.

Considering I've had an Audi SQ5 White/Red and X5M Carbon/Mugello Red in the past few years, there's another option on the table.

Grigio Medio / Golden Brown - New idea today and one I am considering very highly.

So why Grigio Medio? It's unique. Hell, even for Ferrari it's a unique color. It's certainly a Grey color, however it exhibits some blue and green and gives off a very premium look. Paired with Golden Brown (Amaro is too plain), I think this could be an incredible special build.

Can I live with it for 4/5 years though. That's something I've been debating the entire time while considering Fire Oranges and Signal Greens. I typically change cars every 2-4 years, but I am anticipating a longer period with the M3. This consideration makes Alpine/Sakhir the front runner - it's also significantly cheaper.

How much cheaper? Well consider my plans. I want every M Performance piece there is to be fitted on this car. Going with an Alpine White car means splitters, lower spoiler, rear diffuser, rear trunk, mirror caps, Steering wheel II and MPE or Akra can be fitted day one. Spending 8k-10k on paint means exhaust or carbon goodies miss out for a while.

First world problems huh...

Oh and I saw a demo BSM/Silverstone M3 today with 4000km. The SS interior was trashed! It's easily my favorite interior color but holy hell, it scared me off today for sure. I imagine id maintain it better than they had, but still.
What combo did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 01:11 AM   #49
elisiX
Major
Australia
Rep

In short, I haven't finally decided.

I'm finding it a very hard decision to make. I know I want a flat color, which at zero cost means Alpine White. From there it's a jump of 8k for Nardo Grey, Speed Yellow, Grigio Medio, etc. I'm not nearly as keen on the standard metallic options (or Tanzanite).

I've got an Alpine White / Sakhir Orange car locked in for an April build, which i'd be perfectly happy with - even if it is a little generic. This is what I originally intended on going with as I prefer Alpine White over Mineral White.

Going with this option allows me budget to add the M Performance exhaust and carbon accessories at delivery basically. Something I'm keen to do rather than mod the car over a year or two.

I can still modify that order until Wednesday, so I'm taking the max time available to lock it in. If I do switch to an individual order, it'll mean a May build rather than April, which is fine with me. I'm not in a desperate rush.

I'm essentially tossing up an Individual Color vs MPE. The obvious answer is to just go the individual color now and add the MPE later, though I fear it's something I just won't do unless I add it up front. Obviously the colour isn't something I can add later.

The next hardest decision for me is which individual color. Nardo / Sakhir or Golden Brown are my top choices. However something really exciting like Fire Orange, Speed Yellow or Laguna Seca are also really attractive options.

I'll be sure to update once I lock it down. I'm sure many people just know what they want immediately, but I'm really annoyingly undecided when it comes to this. It's all good though, I can't lose either way - it's an M3!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 08:44 AM   #50
fungdarren
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3 San Marino Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post
In short, I haven't finally decided.

I'm finding it a very hard decision to make. I know I want a flat color, which at zero cost means Alpine White. From there it's a jump of 8k for Nardo Grey, Speed Yellow, Grigio Medio, etc. I'm not nearly as keen on the standard metallic options (or Tanzanite).

I've got an Alpine White / Sakhir Orange car locked in for an April build, which i'd be perfectly happy with - even if it is a little generic. This is what I originally intended on going with as I prefer Alpine White over Mineral White.

Going with this option allows me budget to add the M Performance exhaust and carbon accessories at delivery basically. Something I'm keen to do rather than mod the car over a year or two.

I can still modify that order until Wednesday, so I'm taking the max time available to lock it in. If I do switch to an individual order, it'll mean a May build rather than April, which is fine with me. I'm not in a desperate rush.

I'm essentially tossing up an Individual Color vs MPE. The obvious answer is to just go the individual color now and add the MPE later, though I fear it's something I just won't do unless I add it up front. Obviously the colour isn't something I can add later.

The next hardest decision for me is which individual color. Nardo / Sakhir or Golden Brown are my top choices. However something really exciting like Fire Orange, Speed Yellow or Laguna Seca are also really attractive options.

I'll be sure to update once I lock it down. I'm sure many people just know what they want immediately, but I'm really annoyingly undecided when it comes to this. It's all good though, I can't lose either way - it's an M3!
My SMB F80
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 11:41 PM   #51
purecrema
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 997 GT2, Macan Turbo, M3, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungdarren View Post
My SMB F80
Sweet ride
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 07:31 AM   #52
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Saw this for sale online today, luv it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 02:29 AM   #53
m4chievous
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Seen the colour in person. I find it very flat but it looks awesome in photos.

Good luck with your colour choice. I think whichever decision you make the car will look great ? I haven't seen any M3/M4 and which I haven't liked based on the colour. I picked my colour for the M4 on the day.

And if u get sick off it then just wrap it ?

Looking forward to seeing your eventual car.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 04:29 AM   #54
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

That golden brown interior looks fab!

Id be going golden brown with mineral white
Appreciate 0