GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

04-02-2017, 11:44 AM   #89
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
Funny you ask. There was a YMB M at the meet and my girlfriend summed it up nicely...."It looks feminine"

I like how YMB was inspired by the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi. If you've ever raced/been there you will notice all the branding, including corner apexes are in a similar color.

Laguna Seca Blue is a BMW heritage color. It has two personalities much like the M3. Teal & Blue. Depending on the lighting and angle it can reflect either color, much like a lagoon. Haha
after you mentioned this, I am digging the color more. It does indeed shift colors depending on the lighting which makes it very unique, sort of like from Teal to Bluish. Unfortunately I can't order any individual color here in Dubai otherwise I won't get discount and that's a big discount I'm talking about so I have to stick to YMB.

Your GF's comment about YMB being more feminine hurts though.....ouch
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 06:13 PM   #90
Brasko
#LSBM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
after you mentioned this, I am digging the color more. It does indeed shift colors depending on the lighting which makes it very unique, sort of like from Teal to Bluish. Unfortunately I can't order any individual color here in Dubai otherwise I won't get discount and that's a big discount I'm talking about so I have to stick to YMB.

Your GF's comment about YMB being more feminine hurts though.....ouch

Wasn't meant to take a stab.

/// M3
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 01:44 PM   #91
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Plus if you've been to Laguna Seca Raceway, you will notice it looks down to the pacific ocean and I think that is where they get the "color" for the name
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 09:42 PM   #92
NOLATom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/member.php?u=265735 BRAKSO and http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/member.php?u=250321 MFNATIK

I finally got around to taking a picture of the quarter panel where you can see the orange peel. I looked over the car really good yesterday when I cleaned it and some places are nice and smooth like the whole front end, but the back half of the car has an orange peel look on the rear door and rear quarter panel, it fades quickly as it goes up the pillar. I thought it could be the XPEL, but I don't see it on other panels where I also have the XPEL. The door jams look like a lighter color than than the exterior much like under the hood.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 10:56 PM   #93
Love2Golf
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ordered:F80 Mineral Gray M3

Nice looking M3! Enjoy!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 02:07 PM   #94
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLATom View Post
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/member.php?u=265735 BRAKSO and http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/member.php?u=250321 MFNATIK

I finally got around to taking a picture of the quarter panel where you can see the orange peel. I looked over the car really good yesterday when I cleaned it and some places are nice and smooth like the whole front end, but the back half of the car has an orange peel look on the rear door and rear quarter panel, it fades quickly as it goes up the pillar. I thought it could be the XPEL, but I don't see it on other panels where I also have the XPEL. The door jams look like a lighter color than than the exterior much like under the hood.
The inconsistent paintwork makes me think that individual cars are sprayed by hand off the line. There is no way a paint robot did this. I watched those things and they are so precise.

Tom - I'd contact BMW NA to setup an appointment at the dealer to have the factory rep come inspect it. They'll take care of you like they did for me and Brasko. All my door jambs were very thin to the point where you could see the base coat, as were other ares on the car. GL!
Appreciate 1
M2PDX2938.50
      04-17-2017, 12:13 PM   #95
NOLATom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
The inconsistent paintwork makes me think that individual cars are sprayed by hand off the line. There is no way a paint robot did this. I watched those things and they are so precise.

Tom - I'd contact BMW NA to setup an appointment at the dealer to have the factory rep come inspect it. They'll take care of you like they did for me and Brasko. All my door jambs were very thin to the point where you could see the base coat, as were other ares on the car. GL!
I went to a BMW meet this weekend in the hopes of seeing some other newer models to see what their paint looked like, but none were there. I guess part of me just dreads thinking about having to deal with them again after all of the other stuff that happened, but at the same time I want what I paid for.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 02:58 PM   #96
AtlantisF80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 / 2008 328i

Quote:

Hi MFNATIK/BRASKO/NOLATOM, I have some concerns about my car as well. I got it individually painted to Atlantis Metallic Blue. I got in December 2017 and have since already got XPEL Ultimate on it on the front bumper, hood and on other places.

It was when I was washing it did I notice that on the edge of the front bumper where it meets the wheel wells, and on both sides of the bumper, the paint is lighter. At first I thought it was the XPEL, but it is not as the front edge of the front side panels are uniform in color.

Do you think BMWNA will repaint the front bumper and also install XPEL Ultimate? I don't think I need to have my car repainted in its entirety. When I had my metallic grey bumper repainted I couldn't tell it was a repaint. What other concessions should I ask of BMWNA? Maybe a new clothing accessory or other carbon accessories for my time and loss of use of my car.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 04:13 PM   #97
M2PDX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:

I also wonder if lighter shades of blue might be more susceptible? After reading all of your and Brasko's threads, I took a pretty good close look at mine - - San Marino Blue - - which was produced the same week as his, and couldn't find anything that looked amiss. Had a friend in the body shop industry look at it too, and he found nothing.

Tom, BMW should ABSOLUTELY live up to their reputation, and fix this. You spent $5,000 for individual paint, that's supposed to be at least as good as a non-individual paint job. They owe it to you to make it right.
'17 M2 San Marino Blue, 6MT; 2011 335iS, 2007 328i, 19 Ram 1500, '18 Yamaha MT-07, '14 Kawasaki Ninja 1000. SOLD: '16 European Delivery M3 San Marino Blue, 6MT. '13 335iS, 2002 M3 6MT, 1997 M3, 1998 M3, 1996 328is (picked up in Munich at OLD ED Center), '88 Mustang GT 5.0, '84.5 Mustang SVO Turbo, '77 Rabbit,a cool 1992 Taurus SHO, and KTMs.
Appreciate 1
MFNATIK3498.00
      04-28-2017, 05:23 PM   #98
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 12:45 PM   #99
dbsjsu
Private
Rep
Drives: M3, 335i(sold), 350z(sold)