Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-24-2014, 12:37 AM   #67
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

I won't even elaborate on 2013 M3 guys and to lesser extent 1M guys...Just stop it.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 02:39 AM   #68
e39>all
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOM3
New here. I did read M4 boards extensively since I'm getting my F80 in a few weeks. OP is right on with all complaining and crying about this or that regarding the first reviews. Not only that, it is laughable with all the M5 guys coming on here and making "I told you so" kind of posts when it comes to speed metrics...repeatedly. It is painfully obvious to me that they are desperately trying to justify their purchases.

I don't understand why there are many people that don't like F8X ///Ms yet they choose to be here constantly voicing their displeasure. If you don't like something, don't dwell on it...move on.
+1000
And +1000 to OP

constructive criticism/discussion is one thing, but trying to tear someone or something else down (m3/4) to bring whatever car u worship up is lol 5th grade mentality. Trolling is one thing, but some are actually seriously worked up trying to state their case, when the m3/4 hasn't really even been released and a handful of people on the earth have even drove one.

I don't care if there are 300 completely negative reviews, I made up my mind long ago, I want this to be my next car, and no one is gonna kill my continued enjoyment and excitement over reading about the new m3 on this forum. Sure there are a few gripes I have with it, but BMW is not gonna put a bad product out there. I really like the f10 m5 but a few things in the end made me hold off and decide to wait on this new M monster. My apprehension over the exhaust has faded and I'm still pumped about the car and having one can't come soon enough.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #69
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by e39>all View Post
+1000
And +1000 to OP

constructive criticism/discussion is one thing, but trying to tear someone or something else down (m3/4) to bring whatever car u worship up is lol 5th grade mentality. Trolling is one thing, but some are actually seriously worked up trying to state their case, when the m3/4 hasn't really even been released and a handful of people on the earth have even drove one.

I don't care if there are 300 completely negative reviews, I made up my mind long ago, I want this to be my next car, and no one is gonna kill my continued enjoyment and excitement over reading about the new m3 on this forum. Sure there are a few gripes I have with it, but BMW is not gonna put a bad product out there. I really like the f10 m5 but a few things in the end made me hold off and decide to wait on this new M monster. My apprehension over the exhaust has faded and I'm still pumped about the car and having one can't come soon enough.
I'm in the same boat. Well are cars might end up on the same boat. We have to be honest that we've been directing killjoy beams of our own towards our brethren in the outgoing M3 and the current M5/6 because we are being defensive and protective toward our huge investment. This is unjust as the vast majority of e90/2 M3 owners and M5/6 owners want simply to enjoy their ///M cars the same as us and aren't compelled to shit on someone else's parade.

I'm getting my first ///M car. My first mofo ///M !!! I am excited about it beyond compare because of all the other great ///M cars, not in spite of them.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 10:12 AM   #70
JTO24
never could compete with Lloyd Braun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4TW View Post
I'm in the same boat. Well are cars might end up on the same boat. We have to be honest that we've been directing killjoy beams of our own towards our brethren in the outgoing M3 and the current M5/6 because we are being defensive and protective toward our huge investment. This is unjust as the vast majority of e90/2 M3 owners and M5/6 owners want simply to enjoy their ///M cars the same as us and aren't compelled to shit on someone else's parade.

I'm getting my first ///M car. My first mofo ///M !!! I am excited about it beyond compare because of all the other great ///M cars, not in spite of them.
Right? Can't we all just get along?? We're not all that bad

BTW I'm eager to try out the new car for myself.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #71
LDSM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

This bickering is so strange because you'd think that a true M fan, a true BMW fan, would want each and every successive generation to get better and they would applaud the new models for what they are, more advanced, faster, lighter, etc.

If you're a true M fan, don't you want to see improvements?

I see this behavior mainly with the BMW crowd, I guess what they say is true "M3 drivers have no friends" not even on their own message board

In contrast the Porsche guys seem to accept the new generation more openly,instead of tearing it down, they seem to have more reasonable discussions too. I'm guessing it has to do with age and maturity level
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #72
Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

You know what they say about BMW drivers. I used to chalk it up to jealousy, but a little time on the forum gives credence to some of those stereotypes.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #73
Celesabc
Private
Macao
Rep
Drives: M4

After the performance day in Turkey, is simply the best for the few years to come. I don't really cares what the reviewer says, I tried it I like it.

You can never believe comments from people who didn't even have a chance to try out one.

I always tell myself do not simply judge by auto mags, find a way to try one!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #74
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eames
This bickering is so strange because you'd think that a true M fan, a true BMW fan, would want each and every successive generation to get better and they would applaud the new models for what they are, more advanced, faster, lighter, etc.

I see this behavior mainly with the BMW crowd, I guess what they say is true "M3 drivers have no friends" not even on their own message board

In contrast the Porsche guys seem to accept the new generation more openly,instead of tearing it down, they seem to have more reasonable discussions too. I'm guessing it has to do with age and maturity level
....you haven't spent enough time in the air-cooled vs water-cooled wars....

But what you say is true. I am all for impassioned debate - the fact that so many people from all over talk and argue about cars made (for most of us) so far away is a good thing. Universal harmony, it's a small world, etc. The trolls come with the territory so we can't stop them, though we can shut them out of our discussions.

Anyway, what are we, less than a month now until some of us can move from talk to action? Exciting times.
      05-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #75
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan
You know what they say about BMW drivers. I used to chalk it up to jealousy, but a little time on the forum gives credence to some of those stereotypes.
I thought the TG boys had officially declared M3 drivers ok now and said all the cocks had moved to Audi?
      05-24-2014, 11:36 AM   #76
ufgtrs2007
dentite
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4, M2C, JLU392, e92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
You my friend deserve a "group clap"!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 12:21 PM   #77
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eames View Post

Is the new car faster- for sure. It's awesome it's lighter despite being larger, but is it better??? I'll have to drive it- preferable on a track- to determine that. I'd like to see how different it feels from a tuned N54. I get BMW is going for CO2 emissions, and obviously saving cost, but you'd think they could stick with the formula that's tried and true since they also have the i brand coming out to offset a few enthusiast cars.

As for the Porsche comment... you're joking right??

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 05-24-2014 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #78
Carl L
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Is the new car faster- for sure. It's awesome it's lighter despite being larger, but is it better??? I'll have to drive it- preferable on a track- to determine that. I'd like to see how different it feels from a tuned N54. I get BMW is going for CO2 emissions, and obviously saving cost, but you'd think they could stick with the formula that's tried and true since they also have the i brand coming out to offset a few enthusiast cars.
Built around the engine is your opinion, as many people would say it's the chassis modifications and other changes relating to handling that define an M-car with the engine being a part of it not the whole thing.

The chassis is better according to both the reviews and rigidity stats, the rest of faster vs better becomes more subjective after that. The engine's MPG increase can't be dismissed a BMW stiffing the enthusiast, it's crucial given the MPG returned by AMGs nowadays. The range on the E9x is beyond tiresome.

Last edited by Carl L; 05-24-2014 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: tone
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #79
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

Guys, please. This is a F8x Love Fest thread.
      05-24-2014, 10:16 PM   #80
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
Guys, please. This is a F8x Love Fest thread.
LOL, F8X Hippies! I'm in, bring me the free love!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 10:36 PM   #81
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
True hippies go bra less. (No clear bra for me).
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #82
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Given that this is the 'eco friendly' M3 I guess we are all about peace, love and dope, huh? Groovy man. Like far out.
      05-24-2014, 10:46 PM   #83
GBPackerfan1963
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW M5 2007 E60 550i

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [0.00]
You all be trippin'
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 10:57 PM   #84
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPackerfan1963
You all be trippin'
Trippin' over holes in our paper hearts (...Stone Temple Pilots reference).
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 11:38 PM   #85
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Does a bikini count? I'm going to get arrested if your rules are applied!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 11:41 PM   #86
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
Given that this is the 'eco friendly' M3 I guess we are all about peace, love and dope, huh? Groovy man. Like far out.
Wow, I hadn't realized that I'm now finally going all in with my CD collection! Groovy!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 07:05 AM   #87
BhamDavid
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Right on and solid!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 07:43 AM   #88
dawgdog
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2016 GT3

I am on an allocation list and really looking forward to this new M-car. Loved my e46M3, really loved my e92 M3 as I modded it and had it on the track at least 60 days. Now I am having another experience on track with a Porsche which I also love. But I need a fun car to drive daily and any car I buy I want to be able to take to the track occasionally and have fun with it. The idea of a good fuel range for road trips and torque for everyday fun really appeals to me. I remember when I had the e46M3 and was not yet into tracking yet I came to the conclusion that the only time I really got to enjoy the engines performance was on freeway onramps.

The reviews on the e92 when it first came out were not all positive. This situation is no different. Will test drive soon and make my final decision but I suspect I will own this car and love it. Can't see anything else in this price range that comes close in terms of performance and everyday practicality.