Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

03-26-2024, 06:49 AM   #1
unrealwzg
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

ZCP rear sway bar bushing P/N?

Im going to upgrade rear sway bar to zcp one P/N 33557853266, but it only come without bushing, does anyone know the part number for the bushing? since BMW does not sell bushing separtely.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 07:14 AM   #2
jfritz27
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrealwzg View Post
Im going to upgrade rear sway bar to zcp one P/N 33557853266, but it only come without bushing, does anyone know the part number for the bushing? since BMW does not sell bushing separtely.
Just buy the equivalent one from Powerflex (don't know PN off top of my head, but should be able to easily find it). If you're taking the time/money to drop the subframe to switch out the rear bar, you'd want to put a proper aftermarket bushing in there anyway, as the stock setup doesn't really allow for true free rotation of the bar (which you want in order to dial out preload effectively, assuming you'd want to do that now or in future with adjustable endlinks, depending on what else you may be doing with suspension).

(But are you sure the new bar doesn't come with the stock bushing? If it's not sold separately, then the bar should come with it. But I'd still recommend Powerflex instead)
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2024, 09:03 AM   #3
unrealwzg
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfritz27 View Post
Just buy the equivalent one from Powerflex (don't know PN off top of my head, but should be able to easily find it). If you're taking the time/money to drop the subframe to switch out the rear bar, you'd want to put a proper aftermarket bushing in there anyway, as the stock setup doesn't really allow for true free rotation of the bar (which you want in order to dial out preload effectively, assuming you'd want to do that now or in future with adjustable endlinks, depending on what else you may be doing with suspension).

(But are you sure the new bar doesn't come with the stock bushing? If it's not sold separately, then the bar should come with it. But I'd still recommend Powerflex instead)
thanks for your great suggestion, I'm considering to go with powerflex, I may replace the diff bushing as well since the subframe will drop.
Appreciate 0