R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

08-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #1
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F97/Q5/982 GT4

Very very upset with dealer

As some of you probably know from my other threads my M4 was sitting in Halifax for 3 weeks before loading onto rail. My car arrived CN station locally on July 31. For the past 2 days I have been trying to find out when I should expect delivery and nothing more, yet I have not had a response from the SA or even the sales manager.

Throughout the buying process I was guaranteed I would get updates but never once did that happen. It was myself that found out the information.

This is terrible service and this is my 4th car at the dealer so I have/had good relation with them.

How hard is it to tell me a delivery date?

Rant end.

Last edited by E92LNGCGY; 08-02-2014 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

Sorry about your situation. Do they act better when you show up at the dealership in person?
      08-02-2014, 12:42 PM   #3
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
Sorry about your situation. Do they act better when you show up at the dealership in person?
Yes but still not helpful. All they say is "We have requested update but waiting to hear back"
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 12:56 PM   #4
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: e46 M3, SO/SB M4 MT

Frustration!!!

I really relate to you and share your frustration. Needless to say, I have also not received my car despite as you know, it landing in Concord on Tuesday - and this after it sat in Halifax for 12 days. To add to my frustration, I sent an email to my SA Thursday afternoon and discovered that:

1) They do not have the vehicle,
2) They have no idea when it will be delivered,
3) Oh, by the way, I (the SA) mentions that he's going off on vacation till August 9th but not to worry I'd be transferred to some other individuals at the dealership when and if my car arrives.

At this point I almost lost it but after calming down sent a mildly sarcastic response to all of this. I'm almost at the point where I'm going to call up BMW to vent. I'd expect to get much better treatment than this when purchasing a car of this calibre - and this being my fifth car purchase from them! I have to say that this is SERIOUSLY making me consider my options when I update my wife's car.

Last edited by hacxyzzy; 08-02-2014 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: rephrasing
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #5
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacxyzzy View Post
I really relate to you and share your frustration. Needless to say, I have also not received my car despite as you know, it landing in Concord on Tuesday - and this after it sat in Halifax for 12 days. To add to my frustration, I sent an email to my SA Thursday afternoon and discovered that:

3) Oh, by the way, I (the SA) mentions that he's going off on vacation till August 9th but not to worry I'd be transferred to some other individuals at the dealership when and if my car arrives.

At this point I almost lost it but after calming down sent a mildly sarcastic response to all of this. I'm almost at the point where I'm going to call up BMW to vent. I'd expect to get much better treatment than this when purchasing a car like this - and this being my fifth car purchase from them! I have to say that this is SERIOUSLY making me consider my options when I update my wife's car.
What? I am really surprised you don't have your car. I was so looking forward to you posting pictures by tomorrow. Seems like it is a Canadian trend.

The part I am pissed about is the fact the car is here but seems like they have no clue about it.

You are right I am thinking of other options for my next car (actually for my mom's car). I may actually look at Mercedes and Audi this time around especially the GLA & Q3 for her.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #6
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

And such an ambassador you are to this process for others in the community here. Not good to hear this. I would say a call to BMW probably won't get you anywhere as it is the independently owned dealer that needs a kick in the jewels.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #7
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCP View Post
And such an ambassador you are to this process for others in the community here. Not good to hear this. I would say a call to BMW probably won't get you anywhere as it is the independently owned dealer that needs a kick in the jewels.
Yeah calling BMW CA won't do anything. Like you say they will just tell you "Each dealer is independent and have nothing to do with BMW CA"

By the way I think your car should arrive Vancouver most likely Wed or Thur. From AB to Vancouver is pretty quick. When I was checking mine it went from Wainwright to Edmonton then Calgary in about 1.5 days, which was a surprise to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 01:08 PM   #8
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92LNGCGY View Post
What? I am really surprised you don't have your car. I was so looking forward to you posting pictures by tomorrow. Seems like it is a Canadian trend.

The part I am pissed about is the fact the car is here but seems like they have no clue about it.

You are right I am thinking of other options for my next car (actually for my mom's car). I may actually look at Mercedes and Audi this time around especially the GLA & Q3 for her.
It's just unbelievable. Reflecting on this whole process, I'm just amazed at how detached both BMW and the dealership are in providing updates during this entire process. All the delays that I've encountered, such as having my promised May allocation given to someone else, build delays, shipping delays, etc. were only belatedly communicated when I pinged them.

It's funny that you're mentioning options. One of the serious alternatives I was considering prior to putting the down payment on the M4 was a Tesla model S. I have to say, given what I know now, that I'd probably be owning a Tesla.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #9
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92LNGCGY
Quote:

At this point I almost lost it but after calming down sent a mildly sarcastic response to all of this. I'm almost at the point where I'm going to call up BMW to vent. I'd expect to get much better treatment than this when purchasing a car like this - and this being my fifth car purchase from them! I have to say that this is SERIOUSLY making me consider my options when I update my wife's car.

What is so upsetting about this is a dealer( they are the same out here ) is making you consider another brand, not product issues. I hate hearing this. I own a BMW independent repair and sales lot in Victoria and spend too much time trying to convince people to not jump ships. Maybe BMW Canada marketing needs a email from you? Kevin Marcotte.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #10
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacxyzzy
Quote:

It's just unbelievable. Reflecting on this whole process, I'm just amazed at how detached both BMW and the dealership are in providing updates during this entire process. All the delays that I've encountered, such as having my promised May allocation given to someone else, build delays, shipping delays, etc. were only belatedly communicated when I pinged them.

It's funny that you're mentioning options. One of the serious alternatives I was considering prior to putting the down payment on the M4 was a Tesla model S. I have to say, given what I know now, that I'd probably be owning a Tesla.
What I have a issue with is 1 individual can own 5 different( BMW, Merc, vw, Porsche Audi mini) all in 1 city and how can we expect passion in any one of them? I mean, Merc did better sales last month so this month I am more focused on that.... With this going on it is hard to find a dealer that is focused on the brand we love alone, BMW. I travel a good distance to go to a local longtime family owned dealer and it is worth it. But should not be necessary.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 01:20 PM   #11
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCP View Post
What is so upsetting about this is a dealer( they are the same out here ) is making you consider another brand, not product issues. I hate hearing this. I own a BMW independent repair and sales lot in Victoria and spend too much time trying to convince people to not jump ships. Maybe BMW Canada marketing needs a email from you? Kevin Marcotte.
This is a very important point. I was reading articles on http://www.automotivelogisticsmagazine.com/ and this is one of the very common frustrations that people have with vehicle purchases. For me, the irritating parts of this process was the complete lack of any updates and the seeming lack of any attention or concern in communicating delays. For me, this has meant calls to my insurance agent delaying my switch over, changing part of my financing arrangement etc.

That being said, the slimy maneuver of handing my allocation off to someone else, despite being promised my position when I put my deposit down last December, really took the cake. In retrospect I should have taken that as a sign...sigh

Last edited by hacxyzzy; 08-02-2014 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 01:20 PM   #12
M4me
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Quote:

I'm with all of you on this. My M4 landed in Halifax on July 8th and as best I know, it's still sitting there 3 1/2 weeks later. Called the sales director 2 days ago asking for information and he still hasn't got back to me. This is the information age, it just blows my mind that I can track my car from B'Haven to Halifax, but nobody seems to know what's going on once it reaches Canada.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #13
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4me View Post
I'm with all of you on this. My M4 landed in Halifax on July 8th and as best I know, it's still sitting there 3 1/2 weeks later. Called the sales director 2 days ago asking for information and he still hasn't got back to me. This is the information age, it just blows my mind that I can track my car from B'Haven to Halifax, but nobody seems to know what's going on once it reaches Canada.
What??? You have to be kidding me. I find it amazing that the vehicle can be built within a week, shipped across the Atlantic in 12 to 14 days but requires a month or more to make it into a customer's hands. Worse yet, it all disappears into a complete black hole when it finally lands in Canada.

Since my dealer is so clued out regarding this, I sent him a lengthy email on how I was "cyberstalking" my car. When I met up with him two or so weeks ago to finalize my car purchase, he mentioned that he had forwarded my email off to several of his other customers who were inquiring about their vehicles. I was so tempted to not do an instant facepalm at that moment since, after all, this is THEIR business and they should know at least some logistical details by now.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #14
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4me
Quote:
Quote:

Absolutely unacceptable
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #15
M4me
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
What??? You have to be kidding me. I find it amazing that the vehicle can be built within a week, shipped across the Atlantic in 12 to 14 days but requires a month or more to make it into a customer's hands. Worse yet, it all disappears into a complete black hole when it finally lands in Canada.

Since my dealer is so clued out regarding this, I sent him a lengthy email on how I was "cyberstalking" my car. When I met up with him two or so weeks ago to finalize my car purchase, he mentioned that he had forwarded my email off to several of his other customers who were inquiring about their vehicles. I was so tempted to not do an instant facepalm at that moment since, after all, this is THEIR business and they should know at least some logistical details by now.
Yes - amazing 4 weeks to build the car and ship to Canada (with 3 port stops in between), and 4 weeks to sit in Halifax, then another 2-3 weeks to ship across Canada. I understand that crap happens but in this day and age I expect the dealer should be able to tell you exactly and truthfully what the status is and why it is.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 02:30 PM   #16
Dundas
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 xDrive BSM

My car landed in Halifax on July 8th, arrived in Toronto July 27th, got to the dealer in Hamilton the evening of July 31st and I picked it up today.
'08 E92 M3 BSM - sold
'02 E46 M3 CB - sold
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 02:52 PM   #17
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Wow, these Canadian BMW dealers really do suck. I suggest you guys make a big fuss by posting your experience on the BMW Canada Youtube page (comment in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG0D82RoZ2M) and tweet your BMW buying experience by adding "@ BMWCANADA", and post on BMW Canada facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BMW.Canada. Most dealers have a facebook page as well, post on those as well.
      08-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #18
VCP
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundas
My car landed in Halifax on July 8th, arrived in Toronto July 27th, got to the dealer in Hamilton the evening of July 31st and I picked it up today.
That's how long Farbmw's entire trip from Germany took. No rhyme or reason I guess.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 03:07 PM   #19
hacxyzzy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
Wow, these Canadian BMW dealers really do suck. I suggest you guys make a big fuss by posting your experience on the BMW Canada Youtube page (comment in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG0D82RoZ2M) and tweet your BMW buying experience by adding "@ BMWCANADA", and post on BMW Canada facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BMW.Canada. Most dealers have a facebook page as well, post on those as well.
I wonder what sort of reaction that would generate given our collective experiences. Perhaps all we'd need to do is to post links to the various forum posts regarding our frustrations.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #20
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep

Just start a tweet on twitter and a post on Facebook, then we all can pile on by re-tweeting and commenting on the post.
      08-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #21
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Tesla would be interesting. A few people around where I live has one and it is actually quite a large vehicle and looks quite nice.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 05:32 PM   #22
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundas View Post
Stop bragging
Congrats.
Appreciate 0