proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

02-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #1
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Possibly going from E46 M3 to M2 or M4

If someone would be so kind as I am 55 miles from my dealer do me a favor, the reason is when I built my house I had to get the concrete cut so the bottom of my E46 M3 would not rub, driveway is a climb.

If someone has the time, could you measure

• The shortest distance between the lowest point of front bumper and ground
  • The distance between that point and center line or wheel on the front tire/wheel
There are products now to help if Im going to rub but rather get and install now instead the day I bring it home, I have first allocation of either an 2018 M2 or M4, my decision will be made based on if a sunroof option is added to the M2 get an M2. I love the M2 look, reminds me of the E46 M3.

The M4 is a fantastic car, love it except for the headlight design on the M4, headlights look like they go right into the grill.

There is also how much I would lose paying cash for either over 3-5 years, do people look at the residuals to figure what the car is worth based on lease rates. I read somewhere the M2 is 50% and M4 at 60% at 3 years. Got that from this link

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...98&postcount=1

The M4

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...34&postcount=1

Last edited by damills; 02-15-2017 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 12:54 PM   #2
M3ZING
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi RS6 C7

Quote:
Originally Posted by damills
If I could ask a favor of someone, the reason is when I built my house I had to get the concrete cut so the bottom of my E46 M3 would not rub, driveway is a climb.

If someone has the time, could you measure

• The distance between the front bumper and ground
  • The distance between that point and center line or wheel on the front tire/wheel
There are products now to help if Im going to rub but rather get and install now instead the day I bring it home, I have first allocation of either an 2018 M2 or M4, my decision will be made based on if a sunroof option is added to the M2 get an M2. I love the M2 look, reminds me of the E46 M3.

The M4 is a fantastic car, love it except for the headlight design on the M4, headlights look like they go right into the grill.

There is also how much I would lose paying cash for either over 3-5 years, do people look at the residuals to figure what the car is worth based on lease rates. I read somewhere the M2 is 50% and M4 at 60% at 3 years. Got that from this link

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...98&postcount=1

The M4

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...34&postcount=1
M2 has a sunroof option.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 05:01 PM   #3
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ZING View Post
M2 has a sunroof option.
No, we are only country who does not have that has an option, canada added it in 2017, trust me, I have several post on subject, 1 to write bmwna, they want to keep it a purist car, sunroof adds weight, changes center of gravity and lowers headroom, they just wont listen

There are many post here and other forums, no sunroof is a deal breaker.

If its just an option, who gives a C)((%&$$#W$. you can google in US "bmw m2 sunroof", here is current google search URL, 2nd hyperlink, bmw or bmwna must pay google to make sure bmwna comes first IMHO, anyway

https://www.google.com/search?q=bmw+...utf-8&oe=utf-8

I have ordered best to my knowledge 12 cars, I have talked to everyone at bmwna that would let me talk to them, one person, older gentleman said they even had a meeting over, its product planning, a few decide best for masses, other cars have added sunroof, the I3. Been told no sunroof for SOP 2015 EOP 2020 but they have bumped up the number. I got a #1 allocation spot paid for each year, if a sunroof is added, I get that allocation at my dealer. Probably last car I will be able to order, retired now, saved for it

Oh well, bmw listened to me one time but they seem to not be listening this time. That one time is when I ordered a 2009 135i, wanted anthracite headliner and next year started seeing m-sport package on models, not saying i did it, just we should be able to order like the UK

to bmwna, cant import from canada either, get an m4 first

Last edited by damills; 02-15-2017 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 07:52 PM   #4
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Why do you post everything in italics? When someone posts a reply and quotes a previous post, the original post is in italics. You posting everything in italics makes no sense.

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 10:07 PM   #5
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Why do you post everything in italics? When someone posts a reply and quotes a previous post, the original post is in italics. You posting everything in italics makes no sense.
Bump, no one can answer original questions on first post, most important one being the first question

tia
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 11:19 PM   #6
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by damills
Quote:
Bump, no one can answer original questions on first post, most important one being the first question

tia
You didn't answer my question either.

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 02:39 PM   #7
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You didn't answer my question either.

Sorry I got turned around and posted in m2 and m4 forums, take a look at this link, I did answer, see link and look at entire thread. Sorry about that man

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...70&postcount=5

Dont worry about doing it, didnt know was big deal, I didnt know I had to answer you before I got an answer as soon as I seen question, got dimensia too headed down a road never thought I would be on, after 40 years, they asked me to retire, it was being noticed even though I tried to hide it, im now 60 so if this dont make sense or other post feel free to ask. I wont be able to drive it long if they keep me from driving, being talked about. If not, I believe my wife will go but no more pushing limits or at least curves and quick take offs, went to "tail of dragon" 9 yrs or so ago in my M3, was blast, TN would not pay overtime that weekend so no one monitoring speeds, no reported accidents or wrecks, thanks goodness

Im just trying to order 1 last car and bought a lot from same dealer since 1995 E36, better do this year, been spot #1 since M2 came out, waiting on sunroof as option (not a standard) a paid option with no luck no matter who I wrote personal emails to all the way up the chain. Now with another deposit Im got spot #1 on either M2 (if gets sunroof as an option) or spot #1 on 2018 M4.

Later have a good one, does italic have a mean like all "CAPS"
Appreciate 0