BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

04-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #1
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3- Alpine White

Well, I have gathered bits of information from various different threads, so I thought it would be a good idea to compile this information for ordering purposes.

Thus far, the Individual ordering process for the US market is slated to begin availability in July/August (estimated). It appears in Europe some of the Individual options may already be selectable (if someone could confirm)?

Using the Individual program will allow for the options attached- (while you may also order beyond this if you source the paint codes etc.. though the pricing would vary)

I have attached the information I received from a friend at BMW in regard to the availability, also inquiring about if there would be an Individual Program option to have the brakes painted a color other than blue.

Unfortunately they were not able to confirm whether or not that could be accommodated. Let's see what everyone has planned if you are patient enough to wait for the Individual Program! (I am decidedly not)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:04 AM   #2
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT79
Well, I have gathered bits of information from various different threads, so I thought it would be a good idea to compile this information for ordering purposes.

Thus far, the Individual ordering process for the US market is slated to begin availability in July/August (estimated). It appears in Europe some of the Individual options may already be selectable (if someone could confirm)?

Using the Individual program will allow for the options attached- (while you may also order beyond this if you source the paint codes etc.. though the pricing would vary)

I have attached the information I received from a friend at BMW in regard to the availability, also inquiring about if there would be an Individual Program option to have the brakes painted a color other than blue.

Unfortunately they were not able to confirm wether or not that could be accommodated. Let's see what everyone has planned if you are patient enough to wait for the Individual Program! (I am decidedly not)
Thanks for sharing! I'm hoping to add alcantara headliner to my order but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. Would you mind emailing your contact to see if she's heard anything on that front?
      04-22-2014, 08:31 AM   #3
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for sharing! I'm hoping to add alcantara headliner to my order but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. Would you mind emailing your contact to see if she's heard anything on that front?
Well this is interesting.
See the response I received below in regard to Alcantara Headliner, wow I am shocked actually! I inquired if it was just the US market that would not be able to get this as an Individual option so I will keep everyone informed.
Chris
Attached Images

Last edited by ChrisMT79; 04-22-2014 at 11:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #4
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT79 View Post
Well this is interesting.
See the response I received below in regard to Alcantara Headliner, wow I am shocked actually! I inquired if it was just the US market that would not be able to get this as an Individual option so I will keep everyone informed.
Chris
Thanks Chris, much appreciated! Though I'm disappointed in the answer, it's better to have it now and from a good source than to hold out hope it will be introduced later.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #5
bob330i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 330i

hmmm, I thought I had read somewhere that Tanzanite blue and those other colors could be a special order (no cost if you can get it approved) vs. individual. So given those screenshots, for now we have to presume its' going to be a $3-5k option?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #6
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob330i
hmmm, I thought I had read somewhere that Tanzanite blue and those other colors could be a special order (no cost if you can get it approved) vs. individual. So given those screenshots, for now we have to presume its' going to be a $3-5k option?
Well they are still finalizing the Individual program and fine tuning a bit more for the US Market but yes...I think in years past, the individual program was not very well known. They are working on marketing this option as a way to "individualize" client cars due to the huge BMW customizing scene, along w the M Performance parts etc...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 04:20 PM   #7
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Individual availability

For those who didn't see the other thread from NAIS of the interview with the M3/4 Project & Product Managers:

"When should we expect BMW Individual options for the M3/M4?
There will be 4 Individual colors available beginning this Autumn - Pyrite Brown, Citrin Black, Azurite Blue, Moonstone Metallic. There will be Individual Frozen colors as factory options from early 2015.

Individual Leather upholstery options will be available for order (as a tick-the-box factory upgrade option) and show up in order guides beginning Spring 2015. Meanwhile, from Autumn 2014 until Spring 2015, Individual interiors will be available for order upon special request (but won't appear in order guides) on the M3 sedan and M4 convertible only. M4 coupe's factory (Munich) must first be prepared for the Individual upholstery process, which is expected to be ready sometime Spring 2015."

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #8
pb12
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Manual

Is there such a thing as individual cloth interior? I love the idea of cloth seats, but don't want a black interior. Is it possible to have individual do a light color cloth interior?

Thanks
M
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 04:36 PM   #9
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

They are adding the expanded extra cost paint options later this year/early next depending on whether it is for the M3 or M4. Those will be more like ~$2k (look at the M5 configurator for an idea). Full Indiv. paint will be $5k or higher.
      04-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #10
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
For those who didn't see the other thread from NAIS of the interview with the M3/4 Project & Product Managers:
Thanks for posting that here, Greg. Regarding the paint colors he mentions, although it is impossible to confirm unfortunately, it is a very good bet he was mistaken (possibly going from his memory or had outdated/inaccurate notes with him) and the four standard Individual colors (of which only three currently appear in the OP for some reason) for the US will actually be the same ones listed in the German catalog and in various regional order guides and configurators.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 09:50 PM   #11
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

So Dakar yellow possible for a mid July build? I hope so. How do I go about hopping on this?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 09:54 PM   #12
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Individual paint colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Thanks for posting that here, Greg. Regarding the paint colors he mentions, although it is impossible to confirm unfortunately, it is a very good bet he was mistaken (possibly going from his memory or had outdated/inaccurate notes with him) and the four standard Individual colors for the US will actually be the same ones listed in the German catalog and in various regional order guides and configurators (of which only three currently appear in the OP for some reason).
The Canadian guide lists Azurite Black, rather than Citrin.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 10:00 PM   #13
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
The Canadian guide lists Azurite Black, rather than Citrin.
Exactly. All other sources are consistent with that too. That's one discrepancy. The other is that he mentions Azurite Blue (which does not exist), rather than Tanzanite Blue.

Like I say, it's pretty certain he was mistaken on the colors themselves. I'm sure he's got the dates right though.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 10:03 PM   #14
batchelorc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deez nuts

I so want a metallic poop brown M4...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 10:06 PM   #15
Tonymiabmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Nardo F90 M5 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by batchelorc View Post
I'll do it for you for cheaper than BMW all I need is bottle of glitter.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 11:04 PM   #16
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by batchelorc View Post
I'd take it over AY without second thought.

(Jokes about poo vs. pee left to you )
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:38 PM   #17
03Saleen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Black Full Merino With Different Color Stitching

I ordered my M4 with Black Full Merino interior but I didn't have any options to choose different colored French stitching, but I just saw in the German order guide that it was available option. Being that it is in German and I don't speak/read German, even though I'm German... How does one acquire different colored stitching?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 09:41 PM   #18
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Saleen View Post
I ordered my M4 with Black Full Merino interior but I didn't have any options to choose different colored French stitching, but I just saw in the German order guide that it was available option. Being that it is in German and I don't speak/read German, even though I'm German... How does one acquire different colored stitching?
Are you rich? they start taking individual orders in late summer, for extra cash of course. I for one don't care enough about string to go for that, but jealousy will eat me alive later.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 11:59 PM   #19
03Saleen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

So this year I can not get different colored stitching?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 08:04 PM   #20
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I believe the stitching is automatically a different color depending on what color leather. For example the black leather I believe is silver stitching etc... If you notice when selecting the full leather on the site it reflects this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:42 AM   #21
e92pvaz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMT79 View Post
I believe the stitching is automatically a different color depending on what color leather. For example the black leather I believe is silver stitching etc... If you notice when selecting the full leather on the site it reflects this.
So the contrast dash stitching is standard correct??
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #22
ake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 e40

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92pvaz View Post
So the contrast dash stitching is standard correct??
Yes. My dealer showed pictures from the i3 Training to me... the Ms around there had the contrast stitching.
[ Yas Marina Blue | Black Full Merino Leather | 19" Black-Light Alloy Wheels | M Double-Clutch Transmission | Carbon Fiber interior | Driver Assistance Plus / Lighting / Executive | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman Kardon Surround ]
Appreciate 0