Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-21-2018, 09:59 AM   #617
R-M4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 M CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmers4life View Post
I simply can’t imagine why anyone would get an F80 without the competition package. It completes the car.
Well, I can tell you why I didn’t. Frankly the ride quality was worse than the non-zcp on the roads I test drove them on. I would not want that ride on my daily driver. Oh, and I do not like the style of the wheels nor the time I would expect to have to spend cleaning them, given that my car was planned to be driven daily. And then there was the cost increase.......

It is a great car and a great package for many. But for a daily driver in the Detroit area, no thanks.
Trust me, I dislike those 20" wheels too. I personally think they are ugly as hell and do not suit an M3 or M4! However, you do have the option to order the car with the 19" wheels. Apparently, you were not able to some time in the past. (THAT was the determining factor for me and I ended up getting the CP)

Ps: I know some people love those 666 wheels and I respect them because you can't argue when it comes to personal taste/preference.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 10:19 AM   #618
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
It could be how you drive or which setting you are at.

Sport and Sport+ actually make a difference. Sport is more subtle, it isn't as pronounced and it could be more of a burble w/ ZCP exhaust (Stock). Sport+ is more of a pop than a burble. It is far more noticeable in Sport+, and I know GG generally drives in Sport+ since he has mentioned that a few times.

Also, I prefer the ZCP seats much more than my non-ZCP ones. The non-ZCP ones bother me after a long drive, thus far I haven't had any problems with my ZCP seats.
Absolutely correct i was able to hear the burble more in sports plus between 2 to 3k rpm but isn't the valve open in sports mode too then why the difference
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 10:21 AM   #619
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-M4 View Post
Trust me, I dislike those 20" wheels too. I personally think they are ugly as hell and do not suit an M3 or M4! However, you do have the option to order the car with the 19" wheels. Apparently, you were not able to some time in the past. (THAT was the determining factor for me and I ended up getting the CP)

Ps: I know some people love those 666 wheels and I respect them because you can't argue when it comes to personal taste/preference.
Apparently I used to hate the 666 too till I saw the black ones in person and love it and that's why got them 😀
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 12:06 PM   #620
Time Lord
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
Apparently I used to hate the 666 too till I saw the black ones in person and love it and that's why got them 😀
i hated them also until i seen them on a black on black 18 comp package.
      01-21-2018, 12:32 PM   #621
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Lord View Post
i hated them also until i seen them on a black on black 18 comp package.
Yup. Same for me. Did not care for the 666's at all. Thought they were too busy in Silver. Certainly looked better on some colors than others, like Tanzanite for example. When the black came out I was still unsure even though I did like them more because the black seemed to offset much of that busy-ness... but again, on the right color. I was debating the 437's on a new order, but when no allocations were open we had to find the car from another dealer and that meant, it is what it is! First time I saw the YAS in person, with the black 666's, and all the CF goodies.

YAS is one of those colors where those black accents works to perfection. Although I've hardly driven it yet (snow the day after pickup), one thing I noticed right away with ZCP is the tight steering feel. Very nice. On the 15 I kept it in Sport mode and it still was not like this ZCP even in comfort mode! I also noticed no real difference in "harshness" with the 20" tires... felt great. Can't wait to get some miles on it next week!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 01:29 PM   #622
Conn 10m
Rep
Drives: M3 CP

Consider this review, it might help your decision.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 01:36 PM   #623
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoua2u View Post
Yep, cut off was Dec 31 from my dealer; either take all the discounts and incentives offered or take the risk what to come in Jan, so I did.

They do come with CF but it was actually an ordered car from someone who decided to back out.
Two points of clarification..
1. Rarely is the cut off Dec 31 - this year it was Jan 2nd
2. Sunroof is optional on the M3/M4
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 01:40 PM   #624
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Yup I never liked the 666 wheels - I don't think I've ever had a stronger YUCK reaction to ///M wheels.

But I've got the black on my Tanz I just took re-delivery of and I was walking to my car the other night in a parking lot and I did the ole

"wow I LOVE the wheels on that car I wonder what they are ... Oh. That's MY car ... hey I really like those fuckers!"
Appreciate 3
Arcades8174.00
ItsGary1457.50
      01-21-2018, 08:20 PM   #625
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Yup I never liked the 666 wheels - I don't think I've ever had a stronger YUCK reaction to ///M wheels.

But I've got the black on my Tanz I just took re-delivery of and I was walking to my car the other night in a parking lot and I did the ole

"wow I LOVE the wheels on that car I wonder what they are ... Oh. That's MY car ... hey I really like those fuckers!"
Some people are just slow, and takes them time to realize what us early adopters knew all along
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18179.00
      01-22-2018, 07:13 AM   #626
Conn 10m
Rep
Drives: M3 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn 10m View Post
Consider this review, it might help your decision.
Sorry -
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 11:39 PM   #627
SkhDO
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB

I had to choose between the executive pack and the competition pack due to budget constraints. Being in NYC those 20's are a liability and I'm not tracking the car so I skipped the comp pack. I do enjoy my lumbar support and the luxuries of a heated steering wheel and those nice headlights. Either way glad to be part of the M3 fam! Order placed yday!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 07:43 AM   #628
Time Lord
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkhDO View Post
I had to choose between the executive pack and the competition pack due to budget constraints. Being in NYC those 20's are a liability and I'm not tracking the car so I skipped the comp pack. I do enjoy my lumbar support and the luxuries of a heated steering wheel and those nice headlights. Either way glad to be part of the M3 fam! Order placed yday!
Can you still change your order? J/k welcome

but seriously can you still add the comp package......lol
      01-24-2018, 07:48 AM   #629
///My5UV
Lurker
Rep
Drives: YMB F80, SS E90

I almost never adjust the lumbar in my E90 but I did yesterday after hurting my back. Nice to have but I still went with ZCP. Funny my dealer didn't offer wheel/tire insurance, maybe that's an east coast thing?
black 666 definitely looks better in person. I've given up on keeping wheels clean so all our new cars are getting dark wheels.
I'm gonna be pissed the first time a tire changer screws it up.
      01-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #630
SkhDO
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Lord View Post
Can you still change your order? J/k welcome

but seriously can you still add the comp package......lol
i could but won't lol
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 01:23 PM   #631
Zero_Cool
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 Imola 6spd

Just to echo others. I jumped the gun and bought a 1 owner used 2015 M4 because the price was right. I took an SO comp M3 w/ DCT out and thought it was ok because it was more than I wanted to spend "at the time". Well now I'm crazy in love with the style 666s, the exhaust note on a comp is better in my OP, and comp pack bits are a nice touch. I can't speak for the software change as I didn't thrash the comp pack m3 around too much. If I could do it over again I would have bought a new MY18 M3 w/ metallic paint, ext leather, comp pack, 6SPD. The rest would be history... Now I made the mistake of finding out there is some m2 competition whatever coming out.. An m2 with 666s is tits let alone with an S55. I'm in a holding pattern to see pricing before I jump ship to either car
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 07:59 PM   #632
DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///My5UV View Post
I almost never adjust the lumbar in my E90 but I did yesterday after hurting my back. Nice to have but I still went with ZCP. Funny my dealer didn't offer wheel/tire insurance, maybe that's an east coast thing?
black 666 definitely looks better in person. I've given up on keeping wheels clean so all our new cars are getting dark wheels.
You would think the black would be easier, you'll soon discover differently.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 08:33 PM   #633
mrmoua2u
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MW F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DML View Post
Quote:
Since my last one was black, I got the gun metal/silver on my MW ZCP this time. I love them and way less cleaning. I can drive 3-4 days without cleaning them and still looks good.

1 day of driving on the black and it looked like crap. No thanks and never again will i get blacks on any of my future cars. Another than that, I love my ZCP.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 08:38 PM   #634
DML
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoua2u View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Since my last one was black, I got the gun metal/silver on my MW ZCP this time. I love them and way less cleaning. I can drive 3-4 days without cleaning them and still looks good.

1 day of driving on the black and it looked like crap. No thanks and never again will i get blacks on any of my future cars. Another than that, I love my ZCP.
Absolutely the truth, don't know where I came up with the theory that black rims would be far less work!! I had the gray rims on previous car (335is) and like yours, a breeze. Love my ZCP too, take care?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 03:48 PM   #635
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Absolutely the truth, don't know where I came up with the theory that black rims would be far less work!! I had the gray rims on previous car (335is) and like yours, a breeze. Love my ZCP too, take care?
In my limited 2 weeks ZCP experience i observed the black 666M gets less dirtier than than the black 437M's , may be looks less dirty.
      01-25-2018, 04:02 PM   #636
JibSTir13
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 / FJ Cruiser

Quote:
Not according to my wife - she noticed it right away and asked,

"what's that sound? are we dragging cans or garbage or something??"

"no babe, that's the 'burble' feature"

"well shut it off - it sounds fucking horrible"
The first time I took my father-in-law for a ride he said, "I know the car is new and a performance car, but perhaps something is broken? It makes strange noises."

After I told him what it is, he insisted I take it to the dealer to fix the noise, or get rid of it even if it is supposed to be there because in any event, the car is wasting fuel.

Too funny. Wish he heard my FBO dyno tuned Subaru.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 10:14 PM   #637
DML
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JibSTir13 View Post
Quote:
Not according to my wife - she noticed it right away and asked,

"what's that sound? are we dragging cans or garbage or something??"

"no babe, that's the 'burble' feature"

"well shut it off - it sounds fucking horrible"
The first time I took my father-in-law for a ride he said, "I know the car is new and a performance car, but perhaps something is broken? It makes strange noises."

After I told him what it is, he insisted I take it to the dealer to fix the noise, or get rid of it even if it is supposed to be there because in any event, the car is wasting fuel.

Too funny. Wish he heard my FBO dyno tuned Subaru.
My elderly next door neighbor wanted to know if something was broken
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 11:01 AM   #638
R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
So i just got a new 18 M3 CompPack last month.

In regards to exhaust burbles, im not hearing them at all when driving and yes im in Sport + mode.
When i put the car in neutral and rev it then the burbles are very noticeable and sound great.
What am I doing wrong?
Appreciate 0