Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

04-19-2018, 11:45 PM   #1
foofighter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 TRD Off Road 4r - 2018 M3

Just hardwired dashcam on the wife's car

The multi-safer I ordered came in today so I decided to dive into the install. Running the wir power and rear cam to the back of the car wasn't so bad just had to be mindful of the routing and figuring out how to get the wire into the trunk. I managed to fish it between the seat and the side custom on the driver's side.

I think the most nerve racking part was the actual tapping into the fuse box. I always feel nervous about electrical stuff especially on these cars. I watched the myblsakbox video and the fuses they suggested didn't match so I ended taping the ACC wire into the radio fuse using the add-a-fuse and then tapped into the headlight fuse. Grounded the unit plugged everything in set the dipswitch to 12V cutoff and everything fired up.

I'll add pics and edit this post tomorrow with better lighting.
Appreciate 0