BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #23
neverbeentoofast
Private
Germany
0
Rep
85
Posts

Drives: 35i e93
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: CGN/Germany

iTrader: (0)

I was about to buy an m3 e93 in 2011 as a daily driver for my wife and me (next to a 520d - now becoming a 530d.)

After about 1000km testing, i was very fascinated, but shocked by 15-16L / 100km in daily driving. I went for the 335i vert. Now, after 56000km there are things i miss - even off track:

- lsd when wet
- adaptive drive
- m breaKS

The f83 seams to me like a collection of wish-list items.

so there is very good chance i go for it end of 2014
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #24
bojanis
Enlisted Member
bojanis's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: '07 328Ci, M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: VA,USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict3 View Post
I always laugh when I see your comments. It seems like you're the only person on the boards that have driven the M4 extensively to say its engine won't give you the same emotion.

I've said this before I think both 335i and E92 M3 owners will be loving the new M4 once they see how the M4 demolishes the E92 in every department. Take a look at F10 M5 owners and tell me which one prefers the E60 over the F10?

You will become a fan boy of the M4 and complain about something when the next gen M4 will be out. Thats what fan boys do.
Some good points you have made, and I do have to admit that i know some guys who do prefer E60 over an F10 M5 for the engine, and engine only!!! Each to it's own
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 09:42 AM   #25
bojanis
Enlisted Member
bojanis's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: '07 328Ci, M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: VA,USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverbeentoofast View Post
I was about to buy an m3 e93 in 2011 as a daily driver for my wife and me (next to a 520d - now becoming a 530d.)

After about 1000km testing, i was very fascinated, but shocked by 15-16L / 100km in daily driving. I went for the 335i vert. Now, after 56000km there are things i miss - even off track:

- lsd when wet
- adaptive drive
- m breaKS

The f83 seams to me like a collection of wish-list items.

so there is very good chance i go for it end of 2014
I guess that naturally aspirated engines do get thirsty, especially at high revs like S55 can hit. I think new M3/M4 is a combo of an 335i and M car....and that's a pretty damn good one.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #26
Ducfan
Private
Ducfan's Avatar
14
Rep
93
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (0)

I prefer unique character of the car to outright performance or luxury or, or, or. I suspect though that character is a very subjective thing. In my mind this why I like Ducati's and Porsches. Yes also subjective but it would seem hard to deny that the engine of a car is one of the most important character definers.

I like the current V8 for its characteristics (high rev) but am eager to experience an inline turbo 6 which I think will have it's own character.
__________________
2015 Audi RS5
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2013 BMW X5 xdrive35d
1993 Ducati 900ss
1974 Porsche 911
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #27
STARSKI
Private
United_States
4
Rep
88
Posts

Drives: '11 VO BMW 1M, '09 JrzB BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BAY AREA, CA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to STARSKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
It make sense what you say. Probably 9 times out of 10 you would be right about current e92 m owners. I am telling you I am different. Go look at my first thread I made here On m3 post . It talks about how i only like v8 engines. It's as simple as that. I love the sound and power. That is what emotion is to me. Same reason why I am most likely switching to a v8 powered GM car next.
You're saying you like high revving engines but then you prefer v8's which most american v8's aren't high revving. Not sure of you're point.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #28
Black Gold
Major General
511
Rep
5,423
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (15)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKI View Post
You're saying you like high revving engines but then you prefer v8's which most american v8's aren't high revving. Not sure of you're point.
he's just a kid, and a confused one at that. best to just ignore his posts.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #29
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
181
Rep
3,843
Posts

Drives: 2016 Range Rover sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
It make sense what you say. Probably 9 times out of 10 you would be right about current e92 m owners. I am telling you I am different. Go look at my first thread I made here On m3 post . It talks about how i only like v8 engines. It's as simple as that. I love the sound and power. That is what emotion is to me. Same reason why I am most likely switching to a v8 powered GM car next.
You're saying you like high revving engines but then you prefer v8's which most american v8's aren't high revving. Not sure of you're point.
I never said I didn't like lower revving engines. I like both. As I have said many times now.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2014 bmw m3, 2014 bmw m3 horsepower, 2014 bmw m3 specs, 2014 bmw m4 horsepower, 2014 bmw m4 specs, 2014 m3, 2014 m3 engine, 2014 m3 forum, 2014 m3 horsepower, 2014 m3 hp, 2014 m3 specs, 2014 m3 weight, 2014 m4 engine, 2014 m4 horsepower, 2014 m4 hp, 2014 m4 specs, 2014 m4 weight, 2015 bmw m3, 2015 bmw m3 specs, 2015 bmw m4, 2015 bmw m4 specs, 2015 m3, 2015 m3 engine, 2015 m3 specs, 2015 m4, 2015 m4 engine, 2015 m4 hp, 2015 m4 specs, 2015 m4 weight, bmw f80, bmw f80 forum, bmw f80 forums, bmw f80 m3, bmw f80 m3 s55, bmw f80 m3 sedan, bmw f82, bmw f82 forum, bmw f82 forums, bmw f82 m3 coupe, bmw f82 m4, bmw f82 m4 coupe, bmw f82 m4 s55, bmw f82 m4 video, bmw f83, bmw f83 m3, bmw f83 m4, bmw m forum, bmw m forums, bmw m3 forum, bmw m3 forums, bmw m3 s55, bmw m3 s55 engine, bmw m4, bmw m4 coupe, bmw m4 coupe forum, bmw m4 forum, bmw m4 forums, bmw m4 horsepower, bmw m4 hp, bmw m4 redline, bmw m4 rev limit, bmw m4 rev limiter, bmw m4 weight, f80 m3, f82 m4

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST