proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-15-2017, 01:01 PM   #45
aerostar
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

Does the $2,500 discount happen often? I need to order probably in November-ish.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #46
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
This directly contradicts the actual submittal form, which I uploaded here. It certainly will not hurt to try, but the data on the actual form you submit says you cant do it, and i would trust that rather than the "nice lady who contacted BMW NA for you".

See post number 6 in this thread for the actual PDF with which you submit to BMW CCA, and read the restrictions on it. I tend to trust the printed restrictions rather than what the nice person tells you (I am sure she is well meaning but I would want to submit on a form that does not specifically say it is excluded, so you should ask the lady for that version of the form.

/shrug.
What I want to know is, how does BMW CCA know you used a fleet discount? In the paper work you submit to them from the PDF

"Include a complete copy of Bill of Sale, Lease Agreement or Certificate of Title
with reference of CCA Member’s signature and Odometer/Mileage Statement"

where is it going to say you got the fleet discount tacked on to your sale price? It sounds like you only need a copy of one of those, so where on my certificate of title is a mention of fleet discount?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 03:29 PM   #47
aerostar
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

Quote:
This directly contradicts the actual submittal form, which I uploaded here. It certainly will not hurt to try, but the data on the actual form you submit says you cant do it, and i would trust that rather than the "nice lady who contacted BMW NA for you".

See post number 6 in this thread for the actual PDF with which you submit to BMW CCA, and read the restrictions on it. I tend to trust the printed restrictions rather than what the nice person tells you (I am sure she is well meaning but I would want to submit on a form that does not specifically say it is excluded, so you should ask the lady for that version of the form.

/shrug.
BMW NA responded to it so clearly there's either some disconnect or the BMW NA spokesman was uninformed.

Either way, someone mentioned earlier that he will try it so we will have to wait and see.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 06:43 PM   #48
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedown31 View Post
What I want to know is, how does BMW CCA know you used a fleet discount? In the paper work you submit to them from the PDF

"Include a complete copy of Bill of Sale, Lease Agreement or Certificate of Title

where is it going to say you got the fleet discount tacked on to your sale price? It sounds like you only need a copy of one of those, so where on my certificate of title is a mention of fleet discount?
I have read that they also submit the information to BMW NA (who will obviously know that you got the fleet discount).

In any case, when faced with a form that specifically says "this is not allowed" and a person who says " this is allowed" I cant be the only person who would believe the written form, rather than the person... right?

Not much different than going to a dealer and them telling you something like " oh sure worn tires are also included with the tire and wheel warranty, just submit a claim", but the written documentation stating different.

Anyway, I am not trying to argue with you guys per se, just asking someone to produce a piece of paper that contradicts what the written BMW CCA submittal form says about this very situation (its not abiguous, its called out as not stackable in this exact circumstance).

Thats why i posted the document, so no one thought I was "guessing".

EDIT: Let me say also that, I am not saying that someone is lying.... Neither the poster who posted they asked BMW CCA OR the person at BMW CCA. I just think there is a game of "telephone" going on here, because that poster knows what they asked BMW CCA but we dont know what THEY asked BMW NA... we DO know what the form says though which is all I am saying. Hope it works for whoever tries it, but I would not go into it EXPECTING it to work.

Last edited by jjrandorin; 03-15-2017 at 10:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
Skid12349.00
      03-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #49
Raikkonen
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

http://www.bmwgroupfleet.com/

They CANNOT be stacked/combined etc....PERIOD

I've used Corporate Fleet three times (Deloitte), and know more than most dealers.

I even submitted (on my first use of the discount) for the BMWCCA rebate and been denied by BMW.

The two entities communicate with one another, and the rebate is subsidized by BMW.

Are people on this forum really that ignorant that they believe submitting a title with no financial information will somehow "pull a fast one" on the BMWCCA, and without any investigation or research they will automatically send them a check for $500?????????????????????????

Sometimes these threads amaze me...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 12:08 PM   #50
omaralt
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
http://www.bmwgroupfleet.com/

They CANNOT be stacked/combined etc....PERIOD

I've used Corporate Fleet three times (Deloitte), and know more than most dealers.

I even submitted (on my first use of the discount) for the BMWCCA rebate and been denied by BMW.

The two entities communicate with one another, and the rebate is subsidized by BMW.

Are people on this forum really that ignorant that they believe submitting a title with no financial information will somehow "pull a fast one" on the BMWCCA, and without any investigation or research they will automatically send them a check for $500?????????????????????????

Sometimes these threads amaze me...
First off take a deep breath and calm down. It's ok. You don't need to be personally offended. People are confused, and rightly so, because this is something new. You could previously combine the two. On top of that somebody emailed BMW and they said you could combine the two. So stop being amazed and relax.

To everybody else. I took delivery yesterday and submitted the BMWCCA rebate form today. I'll keep y'all updated. @raikkonen if this really upsets you I apologize
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #51
hatepotholez
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedown31 View Post

BMW CCA knows, I don't know how but I tried getting the rebate but they said I used fleet. For some reason I thought my dealer didn't use the fleet as it was not completely filled out, I was wrong.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 05:35 PM   #52
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
First off take a deep breath and calm down. It's ok. You don't need to be personally offended. People are confused, and rightly so, because this is something new. You could previously combine the two. On top of that somebody emailed BMW and they said you could combine the two. So stop being amazed and relax.

To everybody else. I took delivery yesterday and submitted the BMWCCA rebate form today. I'll keep y'all updated. @raikkonen if this really upsets you I apologize
Congrats on the delivery of your car! Let us know if BMW CCA actually provides you the rebate (if you took the AARP discount or the USA Swimming discount that is).
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 05:43 PM   #53
omaralt
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Congrats on the delivery of your car! Let us know if BMW CCA actually provides you the rebate (if you took the AARP discount or the USA Swimming discount that is).
Will do. I took the aarp discount.

However the weird thing is that it seems that my dealer simply applies the aarp and ski discounts as a down payment. So it showed as I put down $3500 down, with $1k being cash and $2500 in rebates. So I don't know if that makes a difference
2013 550i M sport Alpine White/Cinnamon (retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 07:55 PM   #54
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
For all of you unfamiliar with the BMW CCA rebate and how it works, it's is not BMW CCA's decision that disqualifies you from receiving the rebate if you have already received a corporate, fleet, or any other disqualifying discount that is specifically mentioned on the BMW CCA rebate form. Those are BMW NA's rules.

BMW CCA is only the middleman, all they do is check to see whether you have been a member for the last full year, they then forward the paperwork to BMW NA. BMW NA processes the paperwork, undoubtedly looks up the VIN, and if the person qualifies for the BMW CCA discount, then the rebate check comes directly from BMW NA.

If you get a discount that is specifically prohibited on the BMW CCA rebate paperwork, then filling out the paperwork and submitting it is just wasting your time, BMW CCA's time, and BMW NA's time for a claim that will undoubtedly be rejected. It's all pretty straightforward and spelled out pretty plainly.

What I find humorous is people that try to scam the system and then get pissed of at BMW CCA when their rebate is denied. The same goes for people who don't get their rebate in within the specified time frame. BMW CCA doesn't make the decision, BMW NA does.

Appreciate 1
ff160050.50
      03-17-2017, 09:01 PM   #55
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Will do. I took the aarp discount.

However the weird thing is that it seems that my dealer simply applies the aarp and ski discounts as a down payment. So it showed as I put down $3500 down, with $1k being cash and $2500 in rebates. So I don't know if that makes a difference
Thats the way it is normally shown on contracts for both me and all of the people I have helped by reviewing their deals. I believe in most states that it is shown that way because rebates are taxed (in california they are anyway).

Rebates are shown as cap cost reduction (and thus taxed in any state that taxes rebates and down payments). Corporate discount shows as one of these so it is shown as down payment

Option credits from the dealer are discounts to the selling price (not applicable right now, but if a vehicle has an option credit available its just a discount on the selling price.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 05:58 PM   #56
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
Does the $2,500 discount happen often? I need to order probably in November-ish.
If you are referring to the fleet/employee discount, that one seams to be in place for the entire 2017.
On top of that, you should be able to stack any and all additional BMW NA / FS promotions and credits on top of the Fleet discount. Other BMW credits current range from $1.5K for 228iX or 328i, to $7.5K for i3 and i8:
https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offers.html

And there there are numerous seasonal programs, like $1K for "xDrive" or "ski" promotions presently underway.
I just stacked up $10K of total BMW NA discounts (before invoice + pricing) on a new i3.

It's a part-time job to keep track of all of these, but it is worth the time invested if you are about to order a new car.

a
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 11:01 PM   #57
TurboM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
If you are referring to the fleet/employee discount, that one seams to be in place for the entire 2017.
On top of that, you should be able to stack any and all additional BMW NA / FS promotions and credits on top of the Fleet discount. Other BMW credits current range from $1.5K for 228iX or 328i, to $7.5K for i3 and i8:
https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offers.html

And there there are numerous seasonal programs, like $1K for "xDrive" or "ski" promotions presently underway.
I just stacked up $10K of total BMW NA discounts (before invoice + pricing) on a new i3.

It's a part-time job to keep track of all of these, but it is worth the time invested if you are about to order a new car.

a
How do you know this (see bold above) is going through all of this year through December? I hope you're right, just curious
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 11:58 PM   #58
afadeev
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboM View Post
How do you know this (see bold above) is going through all of this year through December? I hope you're right, just curious
There is no expiration date on the BMW CIF (customer information form), just instructions to (a) print the form, (b) go to any authorized dealer, and (c) redeem offer at time of purchase.

There are also references to Retail "Type G" and "Type H" programs.
I supposed BMW could redefine those to equal $0-discount at any time, or the employer could pull this benefit from its list of perks.

Historically, corporate benefits are updated on the annual basis, and that would be my expectations for the lifespan of the currently defined benefit thresholds ($1.5K off for leases, between $2.5 and $5K for purchases). I recall there was a similar program in play for the last two years (2015 and 2016), but I don't remember the past rebate levels.

a

Last edited by afadeev; 03-19-2017 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 1
TurboM251.50
      03-19-2017, 12:01 AM   #59
TurboM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
There is no expiration date on the BMW CIF (customer information form), just instructions to (a) print the form, (b) go to any authorized dealer, and (c) redeem offer at time of purchase.

There are also references to Retail "Type G" and "Type H" programs.
I supposed BMW could redefine those to equal $0-discount at any time, or the employee could pull this benefit from its list of perks.

Historically, corporate benefits are updated on the annual basis, and that would be my expectations for the lifespan of the currently defined benefit thresholds ($1.5K off for leases, between $2.5 and $5K for purchases). I recall there was a similar program in play for the last two years (2015 and 2015), but I don't remember the past rebate levels.

a
Exactly what I was asking. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 04:50 AM   #60
Phillie9284
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM F80, TR F97

Does anyone know if there is a list of qualifying companies/organizations for the fleet or corporate discount?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 09:14 AM   #61
afadeev
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillie9284 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a list of qualifying companies/organizations for the fleet or corporate discount?
Not to my knowledge, but if you company does not play along, you can always join USA swimming for a nominal fee.

I suspect there are other non-profits that work with BMW NA as well, I just don't know their names.

a
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #62
omaralt
Major
Rep

Quote:
Not to my knowledge, but if you company does not play along, you can always join USA swimming for a nominal fee.

I suspect there are other non-profits that work with BMW NA as well, I just don't know their names.

a

The easiest one that anyone can join is aarp. USA swimming is possible but requires a week or two. You need to mail the documents in and do a background check which all take time. AARP is instanteous but my dealer initially told me you have to be over 55. I didn't want to argue with them so while waiting for my car I went ahead and became a USA swimming member. At delivery they told me they would be able to do the aarp 😐
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 03:40 PM   #63
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

So is this Morgan Stanley, AARP discount the same as the fleet discount?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 06:19 PM   #64
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OF Hero View Post
So is this Morgan Stanley, AARP discount the same as the fleet discount?
Yes
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 07:54 PM   #65
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:

As it's not told in this thread, how much is the BMW CCA rebate?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 07:55 PM   #66
omaralt
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich View Post
Quote:

As it's not told in this thread, how much is the BMW CCA rebate?
For 3/4 series (including M3/m4) its $500
2013 550i M sport Alpine White/Cinnamon (retired)
Appreciate 0