ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-19-2015, 12:42 PM   #23
DDR MFS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 MW/CSC/6MT/18s

Got a quick question as I am new to the military buying program. Going to move up from a 13 E92 335is to a F80 M3 (DCT, AY/BK); do you have to be stationed overseas or is this good for any military regardless of CONUS/OCONUS? Also, has anyone used this in conjunction with USAA buyer's program or is it unnecessary?

Dumb questions, but I figure I ask.

Great rides to all and congrats on the new deliveries!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 04:52 AM   #24
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR MFS View Post
Got a quick question as I am new to the military buying program. Going to move up from a 13 E92 335is to a F80 M3 (DCT, AY/BK); do you have to be stationed overseas or is this good for any military regardless of CONUS/OCONUS? Also, has anyone used this in conjunction with USAA buyer's program or is it unnecessary?

Dumb questions, but I figure I ask.

Great rides to all and congrats on the new deliveries!
You need to be overseas to take advantage of it (a one day TDY to Europe would probably suffice). There are others on here that have experience with going that route. However, I have seen there are some getting deals from US dealers that is better than the "Mil/Diplo Discount".

I'm not sure if you can use the discount in conjunction with USAA's program, but you should def be able to finance through USAA either way.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 06:57 AM   #25
ZAKSM3
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 16 M3, 15 X5 3.5d

Garage List
2016 M3  [0.00]
2015 X5 35d  [5.00]
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillbilly View Post
So, I'm slated for Oct production. Was hoping for Aug/Sept but I reckon it's better than Nov/Dec. Hope it's early Oct or better yet, similar to my F30 order, and it goes into production a couple weeks early.
When did you place your order? I placed my order on 10 June and asked for a September build and got it. I was told I could get a August and even a July if I wanted, but that didn't work for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 07:22 AM   #26
P_RsM4
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I placed my order mid Jun as well and went for Oct production. I could've gotten Aug/Sep but that wouldn't have worked out with my desired Dec delivery. I already have a production number. Anybody know where I can track my build if even possible using this program?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 07:56 AM   #27
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by prozak76 View Post
When did you place your order? I placed my order on 10 June and asked for a September build and got it. I was told I could get a August and even a July if I wanted, but that didn't work for me.
June 25th was when the order was placed...going to call my CA today to see if he can get it moved to the left.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 04:42 PM   #28
DDR MFS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 MW/CSC/6MT/18s

All good information on the above. I am thinking about just cutting the chase and making it easy and going with the USAA option for pricing the car.

Any advice for when to start the process for my next BMW? Here is my situation.

I am completing my 335is lease in MAY16, but would roll into a 2016 F80 earlier if able to do so. I wouldn't mind getting the car delivered in late MAR/early APR. My build will be as follows:

SSII F80 w/ SS interior. DCT, M suspension, 19" 437s, Sat Radio Receiver.

Is it possible to just call my dealer and reserve the build slot with some money down with the intention of building and receiving the vehicle within three months of the end of the lease?

I always lease but this is my first time going from a BMW to BMW and just want to know of any experiences any forum member might have had in a similar situation.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 03:20 AM   #29
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR MFS View Post
All good information on the above. I am thinking about just cutting the chase and making it easy and going with the USAA option for pricing the car.

Any advice for when to start the process for my next BMW? Here is my situation.

I am completing my 335is lease in MAY16, but would roll into a 2016 F80 earlier if able to do so. I wouldn't mind getting the car delivered in late MAR/early APR. My build will be as follows:

SSII F80 w/ SS interior. DCT, M suspension, 19" 437s, Sat Radio Receiver.

Is it possible to just call my dealer and reserve the build slot with some money down with the intention of building and receiving the vehicle within three months of the end of the lease?

I always lease but this is my first time going from a BMW to BMW and just want to know of any experiences any forum member might have had in a similar situation.

Thanks again!
Based upon what we're seeing with allocations from dealers, etc., I would definitely start the process now with your dealer. That way you know what your deal will be and you should be able to secure the allocation for the desired month in 2016. Also gives you more time to "cross-shop" with other dealers if you don't like your deal or if they aren't giving you the customer service you think appropriate. If it's a known, set price from USAA then obviously that takes some of the hassle out of the equation but make sure you're not losing a lot of $$$ by not negotiating with the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 02:17 PM   #30
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Just found out my car has entered production. Pleasantly surprised considered I was originally briefed Oct build:

Date: 08/04/2015

"We are pleased to inform you that the car of your choice is currently being manufactured at our plant. Your BMW M3 Sedan US
is now taking shape and the vehicle’s body has already been stamped with the following VIN: ---."
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 03:59 PM   #31
TENPIN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp. x Dravit/Fiona

Garage List
Quote:
Just found out my car has entered production. Pleasantly surprised considered I was originally briefed Oct build:

Date: 08/04/2015

"We are pleased to inform you that the car of your choice is currently being manufactured at our plant. Your BMW M3 Sedan US
is now taking shape and the vehicle’s body has already been stamped with the following VIN: ---."
Congrats!
Past: 2012 335is Black Sapphire Metallic/Black
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2015, 04:06 PM   #32
aramz09
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 2016

What's up guys. Please bare with me as I'm new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with BMW Military Sales and Delivery. Ordered the car in June, but I won't be heading to my next command till november, which i'm expecting delivery stateside. I'm just a little anxious on the delivery process, fees and taxes (if any) from the receiving dealership. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 08:12 PM   #33
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

I didn't have any fees. Signed a piece of paper and that was it. I contacted the dealership where I was sending it and they subsequently gave me a sales advisor that was helpful. They even filled the tank for me.
Only thing I had to do way taxes on it when I registered the car. Im in Illinois and every state is different when it comes to taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramz09 View Post
What's up guys. Please bare with me as I'm new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with BMW Military Sales and Delivery. Ordered the car in June, but I won't be heading to my next command till november, which i'm expecting delivery stateside. I'm just a little anxious on the delivery process, fees and taxes (if any) from the receiving dealership. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 03:48 AM   #34
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Hey Mil/Diplo guys, how do you track your build status, other than calling your CA who is on extended summer holiday? I tried the 1-800 number and they can't track Mil/Diplo orders/VINs even though they are U.S. Spec...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 04:06 AM   #35
aramz09
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank772 View Post
I didn't have any fees. Signed a piece of paper and that was it. I contacted the dealership where I was sending it and they subsequently gave me a sales advisor that was helpful. They even filled the tank for me.
Only thing I had to do way taxes on it when I registered the car. Im in Illinois and every state is different when it comes to taxes.
NICE! thanks for responding. I just paid half today, finance the other half with my bank; 1.49% APR!. I will be registering the car in Oregon (HOR), but will be stationed in Mississippi. Do you know if its a pain to register?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2015, 04:08 AM   #36
aramz09
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey Mil/Diplo guys, how do you track your build status, other than calling your CA who is on extended summer holiday? I tried the 1-800 number and they can't track Mil/Diplo orders/VINs even though they are U.S. Spec...
I'm not sure. Will def come back to this tho once I figure that out. I talked to the overseas dealer guy and he said, I can track my car once it leaves the factory and ready to be shipped.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 01:33 PM   #37
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes, I'm quoting myself and answering my own question, sort of. Your CA should notify you when you have a VIN assigned and the car goes into production. It's a black hole after that unless your CA gives you updates (mine didn't). However, once your production is done (2-3 weeks), your VIN will be searchable on bmwarchive.org with the production date. So mine was complete on Aug 11th and I only know this from checking the website.

So, stay on top of your CA, figuratively and check the website.
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2015, 11:34 PM   #38
aramz09
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Hey i'm back. I can answer a few of the questions up above. After paying for the car, the vin was released. A week later, I checked bmwusa.com, and saw a ''track your bmw'' on the left hand column of the page. This was 2-3 weeks ago, my car just finished production today and will soon enter delivery phase. Too bad I won't get to see her till I get to my next command which is in November. Also, I talked to the dealer out here in Japan, and he assured me, the car will be in storage before it goes out to the dealership for delivery.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 03:49 AM   #39
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramz09
Hey i'm back. I can answer a few of the questions up above. After paying for the car, the vin was released. A week later, I checked bmwusa.com, and saw a ''track your bmw'' on the left hand column of the page. This was 2-3 weeks ago, my car just finished production today and will soon enter delivery phase. Too bad I won't get to see her till I get to my next command which is in November. Also, I talked to the dealer out here in Japan, and he assured me, the car will be in storage before it goes out to the dealership for delivery.
The BMWUSA website won't show Mil/Diplo order status, at least not on my two Mil orders, in 2012 and this year. Were you able to use the website to track a Mil order, or was yours done as a regular order? And the BMW NA 1-800 number can't give a status either. I've called and talked to multiple reps who say they can't track Mil orders and you have to go through your dealer.

Edit: just a thought, maybe you can view the status since your car will be delivered in the U.S. And will have to be "imported" by BMW NA.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 07:08 AM   #40
aramz09
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The BMWUSA website won't show Mil/Diplo order status, at least not on my two Mil orders, in 2012 and this year. Were you able to use the website to track a Mil order, or was yours done as a regular order? And the BMW NA 1-800 number can't give a status either. I've called and talked to multiple reps who say they can't track Mil orders and you have to go through your dealer.

Edit: just a thought, maybe you can view the status since your car will be delivered in the U.S. And will have to be "imported" by BMW NA.
I went w/ BMW Military Sales. I initially registered to BMWUSA.com. At first it wasn't showing up till I got the VIN, then the option on the left panel was available a few weeks later. Here's a clip of the progress.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-30-2015, 07:14 AM   #41
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramz09
Quote:

I went w/ BMW Military Sales. I initially registered to BMWUSA.com. At first it wasn't showing up till I got the VIN, then the option on the left panel was available a few weeks later. Here's a clip of the progress.
That's awesome, I have been registered on the site for a long time but it doesn't recognise my VIN. A moot point for me now as I know that it's complete.

Have you plugged your VIN into bmwarchive.org? It's pretty cool, gives you the specs on your car so you can get the warm fuzzy that it was built the way you spec'd it.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 08:20 AM   #42
aramz09
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

oh snap! I haven't yet, but will do tonight. lol. thanks for the tip man. btw. which mil branch you in? kinda nice to have mil guys here.
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2015, 08:45 AM   #43
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramz09 View Post
oh snap! I haven't yet, but will do tonight. lol. thanks for the tip man. btw. which mil branch you in? kinda nice to have mil guys here.
I'm Air Natl. Guard now (TACP in WA ST.) but used to be AD AF and Army. Work in Brussels for NATO, so I qualify for Mil or Diplo discount!
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2015, 03:35 PM   #44
aramz09
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm Air Natl. Guard now (TACP in WA ST.) but used to be AD AF and Army. Work in Brussels for NATO, so I qualify for Mil or Diplo discount!
That's pretty awesome man. Navy here, stationed in japan.
anyway, pics to come in November when I hit stateside for delivery.
Appreciate 1