BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-12-2017, 07:56 PM   #23
hatepotholez
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeM4 View Post
I used the "Morgan Stanley Reserved Program" for an additional $2500 discount on my M4. Dealer never heard of the program and advised I was the first to use it. Very simple to obtain if you have an account. And yes, the $2500 off was on top of the deal I already negotiated. And, NO, you don't have to be a BMW employee to get it. Just follow the instructions.

Offer Details:

$2,500 off the purchase or $1,500 off the lease of a BMW 2, 3, 4, 5, i8, X1, X3, X4, X5, X6 and Z4 (includes M models)
$3,500 off the purchase or $1,500 off the lease of the 6 and 7 series (includes M models)
$5,000 off the purchase or $1,500 of the lease of a BMW *i3 BEV, i3 REX
The above are the standard "employee discount" terms that virtually every S&P500 company and numerous non-profits get from BMW these days.

BMW has shifted its discounting strategy from free-for all "credits" listing on its website, to more aggressive semi-private discounting via employees and non-profits. I don't know why, but read further on how to benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepotholez View Post
Found the link, unfortunately I don't use Morgan Stanley.
You don't need to be with 'morgan to take advantage of the above discount.
One alternative is to join USA Swimming ($55/year?), and collect the discount through them:

https://www.usaswimming.org/DesktopD...&wpublish18350

Offer Details:
• $5,000 off the purchase of a BMW *i3 BEV, i3 REX, and $1,500 off leases
• $3,500 off the purchase of a BMW 6 and 7 series (includes M models), and $1,500 off leases
• $2,500 off the purchase of a BMW 2, 3, 4, 5, i8, X1, X3, X4, X5, X6 and Z4 (includes M models), and $1,500 off leases
• $1,000 off the purchase of all MINI models and $500 off leases

While you are at it, join BMW CCA (you should do it even if you don't need or can't collect on a discount), and collect post-sale rebate:
https://www.bmwcca.org/vehicle_rebate

a
Thanks for this. I'll see if I can use it with fleet.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2017, 08:38 PM   #24
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepotholez View Post
Thanks for this. I'll see if I can use it with fleet.
It IS fleet... if you have fleet you will not be able to use this.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #25
Acturater
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

This is from the Morgan Stanley Reserved website:

Quote:
Who qualifies for Reserved Living & Giving?

To qualify for Reserved at no cost, a client’s household must have and maintain 1MM in Eligible Assets and Liabilities or have paid at least $10,000 in annual managed fees/commissions (Compensable Revenue).
Seems pretty steep to me. But good to know nonetheless.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #26
hatepotholez
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
It IS fleet... if you have fleet you will not be able to use this.
ahh sucks.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 07:13 PM   #27
omaralt
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3

i'm a USA swimming member.. where do i get the form with the code? i get the website that states that we get the discount

2013 550i M sport Alpine White/Cinnamon (retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 09:35 PM   #28
TurboM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
i'm a USA swimming member.. where do i get the form with the code? i get the website that states that we get the discount

I haven't used this before but it is offered through my employer as one of our many "perks". On the site it gives me an option to download the "Customer Information Form" which needs to be filled out and presented to the dealer but something is wrong with the link and it gives me the following contact info as an alternative:

Redeem By Phone
For more information, contact the BMW Group Fleet Team at BMWGroupFleet@bmwna.com.
Phone Number: (855) 217-9819

Hope this help
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2017, 09:36 PM   #29
omaralt
Major
Rep

Thanks. I'll call him tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 11:39 AM   #30
RyanDe680
Investor Relations
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

For the OP who took advantage of the Morgan Stanley discount, did you negotiate the price and then bring up the Morgan Stanley reserve program?

Also, to clarify, householding at Morgan Stanley represents not just your accounts, but can be linked to family accounts (parents, siblings, etc).

In disclosure, I work for Morgan Stanley. Similar discounts offered at Benz and Audi as well.
      03-14-2017, 12:22 PM   #31
einscot
Banned
Rep
Drives: '17 f80 ZCP, '94 d90, '13 x5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
Thanks. I'll call him tomorrow.
i'm curious to know which tampa dealer you used and whether they're going to take all these discounts you're racking up. the ski one was denied by my delaer since i don't live in (or purchased from) a NE state as was specifically stated on the form (not to mention it was an ordered car)
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 04:00 PM   #32
aerostar
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

So does the AARP $2,500 discount stack w/ the $1,000 Ultimate Driving Event from BMW?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 04:45 PM   #33
mdefalco25
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 E46 M3

Yup. No reason it shouldn't. I managed to use my USAA with BMW incentive.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 05:33 PM   #34
Fake News 2017
HMFIC
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDe680 View Post
For the OP who took advantage of the Morgan Stanley discount, did you negotiate the price and then bring up the Morgan Stanley reserve program?

Also, to clarify, householding at Morgan Stanley represents not just your accounts, but can be linked to family accounts (parents, siblings, etc).

In disclosure, I work for Morgan Stanley. Similar discounts offered at Benz and Audi as well.
Yes, MS discount was after negotiation.
Yes, all family accounts can be linked.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 10:42 PM   #35
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDe680 View Post
My employer's fleet discount terms (identical to Morgan's) did not effect the negotiation.
My deal was always structure as Invoice + Dealer profit & fees - Whatever BMW NA discounts and credits I can claim.

In this case, I had explicitly discussed eligibility for "ultimate xDrive" and "fleet" discounts, and was given an option of applying them as either down-payments, or offsets on the purchase price. I went with the latter for tax reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by einscot View Post
i'm curious to know which tampa dealer you used and whether they're going to take all these discounts you're racking up.
CA/TX/FL are some of the least customer friendly states for car purchases (insert your joke about Tech/Oil/Coke money here), so you should seriously be considering shopping out of state.

BMW NA "credits" are pass though from BMW NA to the customer, and have zero impact on dealer's margins (unless, that is, the dealer tells you to bug off, and claims the credits for themselves).
You dealer should give you zero flack for taking advantage of the credits, unless you are not eligible for some of them (e.g: Fleet credit on an ED purchase, etc).

[QUOTE=einscot;21414623the ski one was denied by my delaer since i don't live in (or purchased from) a NE state as was specifically stated on the form (not to mention it was an ordered car)[/QUOTE]

Did you consider shopping in NE then?

I had custom ordered all of my cars, and that presented no obstacles to claiming BMW NA "credits" on 3 out of 4 of them (fourth one was an ED).

Good luck,
a
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 05:10 AM   #36
einscot
Banned
Rep
Drives: '17 f80 ZCP, '94 d90, '13 x5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
My employer's fleet discount terms (identical to Morgan's) did not effect the negotiation.
My deal was always structure as Invoice + Dealer profit & fees - Whatever BMW NA discounts and credits I can claim.

In this case, I had explicitly discussed eligibility for "ultimate xDrive" and "fleet" discounts, and was given an option of applying them as either down-payments, or offsets on the purchase price. I went with the latter for tax reasons.

CA/TX/FL are some of the least customer friendly states for car purchases (insert your joke about Tech/Oil/Coke money here), so you should seriously be considering shopping out of state.

BMW NA "credits" are pass though from BMW NA to the customer, and have zero impact on dealer's margins (unless, that is, the dealer tells you to bug off, and claims the credits for themselves).
You dealer should give you zero flack for taking advantage of the credits, unless you are not eligible for some of them (e.g: Fleet credit on an ED purchase, etc).

Did you consider shopping in NE then?

I had custom ordered all of my cars, and that presented no obstacles to claiming BMW NA "credits" on 3 out of 4 of them (fourth one was an ED).

Good luck,
a
maybe misunderstood me a bit here - i did not order from a FL dealer specifically because they laughed every time i tried to get them to listen to anything other than full sticker price. so i went out of state for PCD delivery (which was my plan all along). the dealer i happened to use was not in the NE, and since they weren't (and i wasn't), it was a non-starter with trying to get a discount that was specifically stated to be used by dealers in the states listed and also wasn't available for "ordered vehicles". it seems like those regional discounts would be useful for anyone, but i think they keep them regional for a reason - it's not to say that other dealers won't accept them, they might. was just curious as to how this buyer was going to fare in tampa with trying to get stacked discounts (MS discount, ski discount, usa swimming discount, etc.)
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 07:15 AM   #37
omaralt
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by einscot View Post
i'm curious to know which tampa dealer you used and whether they're going to take all these discounts you're racking up. the ski one was denied by my delaer since i don't live in (or purchased from) a NE state as was specifically stated on the form (not to mention it was an ordered car)
i'm using reeves tampa. the only discounts that i've racked up since my initial order is the corp discount (either AARP or usa swim; have both) and this $1k ski voucher (which may or may not work). otherwise i negotiated $2k off the car and base MF. i could have definitely gotten a better had i shopped elsewhere, but i really dont have the time to fly somewhere and drive the car down. i'm paying an extra $20-30/month for the convenience of having the car delivered to me. i also got a quote from an out of state dealer for $4k off the car but they require a marked up MF (to the max). so at the end it was a minimal saving. dealers are in the business to make money. so to find somebody willing to give you $1k over invoice and base MF is rare and difficult. especially on an ordered M3, when there seems like there were a total of 5 allocations left in the entire south east
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 07:57 AM   #38
dantm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Xdrive

Is there any age restriction to join AARP? what about any restrictions to join USA Swimming? Finally, with BMW CCA you have to be a member for 1 year, is there any timeline on either of these to get the discount?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 08:51 AM   #39
omaralt
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantm3 View Post
Is there any age restriction to join AARP? what about any restrictions to join USA Swimming? Finally, with BMW CCA you have to be a member for 1 year, is there any timeline on either of these to get the discount?
there is no age restriction with AARP; but my dealer keeps insisting that you have to be at least 55 to get the discount...

USA swimming is also a hassle. i joined it last friday but the process is not quick or easy. you have to find a local club, mail (yes mail) them a registration packet with your check for $55, do the background check ASAP (another $35) and then wait for them to receive and process that. once they get that information then you do an online training and then become a member. so its possible to become a member in about a week or so. so not easy, but it'll save you $1500 off the price and another .0002 MF discount so it's worth it
Appreciate 1
Wah2778.50
      03-15-2017, 11:50 AM   #40
aerostar
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

Also, BIG FYI HERE

I e-mailed BMWCCA directly and the lady there e-mailed BMWNA to ask if the CCA rebate can be used in conjunction w/ the corporate fleet, etc.

This is the response:

James,
Thanks for emailing me with your inquiry. I emailed BMW NA and asked them if the two discounts you mentioned below are combinable with the BMW CCA rebate. Please see the response I received from BMW NA in regards to your question: "The CCA program is combinable with these because it is a rebate that is provided to the customer after the purchase of the vehicle, not an incentive that is stacked on top of other incentives." Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

It turns out that they are combinable.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 11:58 AM   #41
omaralt
Major
Rep

I'm definitely going to submit the cca rebate and will report back. The worst they can do is deny it
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 12:43 PM   #42
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
Also, BIG FYI HERE

I e-mailed BMWCCA directly and the lady there e-mailed BMWNA to ask if the CCA rebate can be used in conjunction w/ the corporate fleet, etc.

This is the response:

James,
Thanks for emailing me with your inquiry. I emailed BMW NA and asked them if the two discounts you mentioned below are combinable with the BMW CCA rebate. Please see the response I received from BMW NA in regards to your question: "The CCA program is combinable with these because it is a rebate that is provided to the customer after the purchase of the vehicle, not an incentive that is stacked on top of other incentives." Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

It turns out that they are combinable.

This directly contradicts the actual submittal form, which I uploaded here. It certainly will not hurt to try, but the data on the actual form you submit says you cant do it, and i would trust that rather than the "nice lady who contacted BMW NA for you".

See post number 6 in this thread for the actual PDF with which you submit to BMW CCA, and read the restrictions on it. I tend to trust the printed restrictions rather than what the nice person tells you (I am sure she is well meaning but I would want to submit on a form that does not specifically say it is excluded, so you should ask the lady for that version of the form.

/shrug.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 12:43 PM   #43
TurboM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 M4 ZCP

Looks like the $2500/$1500 (purchase/lease) credit for the M3/4 expires on 3/31/2017. A couple questions:

- Does this offer typically get extended (i.e. has this been around for a long time)?
- If a car is custom ordered does the credit need to be available at the time of delivery? or can one lock in the credit at the time the order is placed?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 12:59 PM   #44
dantm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboM View Post
Looks like the $2500/$1500 (purchase/lease) credit for the M3/4 expires on 3/31/2017. A couple questions:

- Does this offer typically get extended (i.e. has this been around for a long time)?
- If a car is custom ordered does the credit need to be available at the time of delivery? or can one lock in the credit at the time the order is placed?
from what I understand there are some incentives that are lockable and some that are not. If you custom order and the incentive is lockable, then yes you can keep it, but I remember late last year there were some that were not lockable and expired on the deadline. I know with program incentives if you order you can lock lease rates as well as incentives for 60-90 days depending on your state.
Appreciate 0