Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

10-27-2016, 12:42 AM   #133
enn__
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92M3, F80M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikemike View Post
I just got my vin and noticed my production date as 0001-01-01? Does that mean production starts in January, say it ain't so!
It'll show your production date on the day it's completed. Until then it'll be what you see now.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 08:16 AM   #134
FirstF80InSpace
///M You
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman S

Quote:
I just got my vin and noticed my production date as 0001-01-01? Does that mean production starts in January, say it ain't so!
It will stay that way until your car is complete. Don't worry about it. It's just a systems thing. Your CA as well as BMW Canada 1-800 number can tell you what production week you are.
Appreciate 1
Ilikemike250.50
      10-27-2016, 11:56 AM   #135
Ilikemike
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92: F82: M2C: M2 CS (Now)

tracking

Thanks, I was thinking it would be okay not to have to buy winter wheels and tires, if the beast came in March, but I also really miss the 'rush' and feel of a performance machine.... The Ford Fusion I'm driving doesn't fill the need...
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 04:50 PM   #136
zerofighter
projecttechnik.com
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

I recently got my VIN from BMW Canada and the production date is Nov 28/16 yet my ED is for Apr 3/17. Either it is an error or the car will be sitting for a few months until I actually pick it up?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 07:09 AM   #137
FirstF80InSpace
///M You
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerofighter View Post
I recently got my VIN from BMW Canada and the production date is Nov 28/16 yet my ED is for Apr 3/17. Either it is an error or the car will be sitting for a few months until I actually pick it up?
You may find that the production date gets pushed back a bit. It will still be done in time for your ED. It only takes about 5 days for production assuming you didn't go Individual or something.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 11:40 AM   #138
Ilikemike
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

My production date was November 4, 2016 and the dealer informs me I should have it by December 23-24th. I understand that the production date is released when the car is actually built. It left Germany on November 18th or so and arrived in Halifax November 29th, sat for a few days and now is on the train, two weeks from Halifax to Vancouver.... Based on the same timetable, you should have it in January/early February....
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 11:42 AM   #139
Ilikemike
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Maybe the dealer is just creating a buffer so you're not calling every day asking is it here yet?! lol
(BTW I did not think you got the VIN until the car was built)
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 01:39 AM   #140
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80, F36, E90

Quote:
Maybe the dealer is just creating a buffer so you're not calling every day asking is it here yet?! lol
(BTW I did not think you got the VIN until the car was built)
VIN is available when car goes into production.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 11:02 AM   #141
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 - SO/SS, 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
So you mean BMW Canada gave you the VIN and also told you prod date is Nov 28?

Well, you can use the following site to check:
https://www.bmwvin.com/

If your car has not been completed, it will not show up here. But if it is done, it will show and you can see your prod date as well.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #142
zerofighter
projecttechnik.com
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyboy View Post
So you mean BMW Canada gave you the VIN and also told you prod date is Nov 28?

Well, you can use the following site to check:
https://www.bmwvin.com/

If your car has not been completed, it will not show up here. But if it is done, it will show and you can see your prod date as well.

Cheers.
They gave me the VIN and bmwvin.com shows the Nov 28 production date. Wondering if the dealer used a Nov/Dec allocation and had Welt hold the vehicle until the ED. Either way, I'm not concerned since there shouldn't be any differences if the car is built now or in Jan/Feb, it still will be MY17. Was just curious if this is normal.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 12:51 PM   #143
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
They gave me the VIN and bmwvin.com shows the Nov 28 production date. Wondering if the dealer used a Nov/Dec allocation and had Welt hold the vehicle until the ED. Either way, I'm not concerned since there shouldn't be any differences if the car is built now or in Jan/Feb, it still will be MY17. Was just curious if this is normal.
Ah, I see. It could be normal. When I got my car, it was completed in July, but sat at the warehouse/dock for a month and was not shipped out till Aug. So, I guess they make the cars when they can as long as they deliver as promise (because there is a clause on purchase agreement that if they delay, you have rights to not take delivery )

Cheers... and congrats on the new car... and ED
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 11:33 PM   #144
zerofighter
projecttechnik.com
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyboy View Post
Ah, I see. It could be normal. When I got my car, it was completed in July, but sat at the warehouse/dock for a month and was not shipped out till Aug. So, I guess they make the cars when they can as long as they deliver as promise (because there is a clause on purchase agreement that if they delay, you have rights to not take delivery )

Cheers... and congrats on the new car... and ED
Thanks, I went a little option crazy but this one will be a keeper. The wait is already killer, April can't come fast enough!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 10:22 AM   #145
WayneTheHollowed
Registered
Rep
Drives: 340i

Anyone have a CN account? Can you help me look up where my car is? Since it arrived in Canada, I wasn't able to track it. My vin is WBA8B7C30HK858643. Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 12:51 PM   #146
FirstF80InSpace
///M You
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneTheHollowed View Post
Anyone have a CN account? Can you help me look up where my car is? Since it arrived in Canada, I wasn't able to track it. My vin is WBA8B7C30HK858643. Thanks a lot!
I don't have a CN account, but if it helps, mine took about 4 days to get from Halifax to Concord. And then another day to get from Concord to the dealership in Toronto.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 12:31 PM   #147
WayneTheHollowed
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstF80InSpace View Post
I don't have a CN account, but if it helps, mine took about 4 days to get from Halifax to Concord. And then another day to get from Concord to the dealership in Toronto.

My car has arrived in Canada since Feb 20. There is still no information on the Hansen website which means it has not arrived in Concord.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 05:46 PM   #148
sunnyboy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My car has arrived in Canada since Feb 20. There is still no information on the Hansen website which means it has not arrived in Concord.
First, congrats on the M
Second, it can take awhile to get your car from Halifax to Concord. Depending on the option you picked, some of them get installed at the port in Halifax (i.e. MPE, etc.) Then there is custom, then it sits on the port waiting for BMW to schedule a train for it to get to Concord. It does not show up on CN until it is actually picked up by a train. So, likely you will not see anything even on CN till 4-5 days before it gets to Concord. Luckily, CN does not take weekends off, so the 4-5 days to train your car from Halifax to Concord is actual 4-5 calendar days, not working day.

Hope this helps you feel better. You can always call your dealer and see if they have any details on whereabouts of your car.

Chin up, once you get the car, you will be like "it was worth it"...
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 08:42 PM   #149
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That sounds about right.

My car reached February 21rd via MIGNON (Vessel Name)

Discharged: February 22nd
Delivered From: February 23rd

There's a guy here with CN account who's been a great help always to track cars. I believe it reached Toronto yesterday i.e March 5th.

It should pop up on hansen website tomorrow or day after hopefully.
https://www.lhf.com/en/tracking

With that said though, I've checked hansen website 5 times since the morning. I input my VIN, Go and then wait. Sadly keeps saying "Not Found".
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 11:12 AM   #150
WayneTheHollowed
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
That sounds about right.

My car reached February 21rd via MIGNON (Vessel Name)

Discharged: February 22nd
Delivered From: February 23rd

There's a guy here with CN account who's been a great help always to track cars. I believe it reached Toronto yesterday i.e March 5th.

It should pop up on hansen website tomorrow or day after hopefully.
https://www.lhf.com/en/tracking

With that said though, I've checked hansen website 5 times since the morning. I input my VIN, Go and then wait. Sadly keeps saying "Not Found".
Yes! My car was on the same vessel! It's good to know someone is also waiting for the same batch.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 10:39 AM   #151
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes! My car was on the same vessel! It's good to know someone is also waiting for the same batch.
Check now, mine appeared on lhf.com this morning.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2017, 11:28 AM   #152
WayneTheHollowed
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
Check now, mine appeared on lhf.com this morning.
Congrats! Unfortunately, mine still appears "not found"
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 07:29 AM   #153
DREAM M3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY17 San Marino M3 Ultimate

My car is finally in Canada...now how long will it take?

Hi all,

I've been using the great information on this thread to track my production date and journey to Halifax. The car arrived in Halifax yesterday and I'm trying to figure out if I'll get my car in time for an event I have on March 26th. I ordered an Ultimate so I'm guessing all the M Performance goodies (eg. MPE and carbon bits) will be installed in Halifax? Anyone have any recent experience with how long it will take from Halifax to Toronto for an Ultimate package M3?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 11:05 AM   #154
itrocks4u
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAM M3 View Post
Hi all,

I've been using the great information on this thread to track my production date and journey to Halifax. The car arrived in Halifax yesterday and I'm trying to figure out if I'll get my car in time for an event I have on March 26th. I ordered an Ultimate so I'm guessing all the M Performance goodies (eg. MPE and carbon bits) will be installed in Halifax? Anyone have any recent experience with how long it will take from Halifax to Toronto for an Ultimate package M3?
My car arrived Feb 22nd at the Halifx. It will reach dealership on the 13th. So that's about 20 days.
Appreciate 0