Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

09-21-2016, 06:28 PM   #23
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Received my winter wheel and tire set up today. I'm pretty happy with the way the wheels look. This will be perfect for winter!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-22-2016, 07:14 AM   #24
FirstF80InSpace
///M You
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche 718 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3_F80 View Post
Received my winter wheel and tire set up today. I'm pretty happy with the way the wheels look. This will be perfect for winter!
Looks good. Curious. What's the manufacture date of the tires? It's kind of hard to tell in the photo if its 1015 or 1016.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 07:16 AM   #25
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenCommunist
Quote:
Looks good. Curious. What's the manufacture date of the tires? It's kind of hard to tell in the photo if its 1015 or 1016.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 07:38 AM   #26
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3_F80
Quote:
Quote:
Attaching pic.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-22-2016, 08:10 PM   #27
FirstF80InSpace
///M You
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Attaching pic.
Good to see the shop sent you fresh tires!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2016, 11:23 PM   #28
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Attaching pic.
Good to see the shop sent you fresh tires!
Absolutely! Like I mentioned here and in another thread, Victor at Rennsport Tire was phenomenal to deal with. I'm not even local and had them delivered to my door the next day. Bring on the snow!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 07:01 AM   #29
FirstF80InSpace
///M You
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Absolutely! Like I mentioned here and in another thread, Victor at Rennsport Tire was phenomenal to deal with. I'm not even local and had them delivered. They were so well packed that nothing could damage them. Bring on the snow!
Now I'm in a dilemma. My original thought were to go with 18" Apex EC-7's, but now may reconsider going 19" reps. Seems like the total cost for wheels + winter tires would be the same for either option.

My first thought would be the 18" Apex for added protection against potholes in the winter, but I like the looks of 19" wheels so much better.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 07:03 AM   #30
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Absolutely! Like I mentioned here and in another thread, Victor at Rennsport Tire was phenomenal to deal with. I'm not even local and had them delivered. They were so well packed that nothing could damage them. Bring on the snow!
Now I'm in a dilemma. My original thought were to go with 18" Apex EC-7's, but now may reconsider going 19" reps. Seems like the total cost for wheels + winter tires would be the same for either option.

My first thought would be the 18" Apex for added protection against potholes in the winter, but I like the looks of 19" wheels so much better.
I have always used 19" for winter and never had an issue. I'm in Ottawa and our roads are no better than any other major city, we have our issues. 18's IMO would look puny on this car. Tough call for sure!

How is the group buy holding up any way? I backed out because the unknown cost of duty when they land was a problem for me. I believe they have reached their desired group but size of 30, so it looks like it's a go?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 07:51 AM   #31
Habber
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
How much did Victor charge for the set if you don't kind asking?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 08:25 AM   #32
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
How much did Victor charge for the set if you don't kind asking?
I paid just over $2600 CDN, all in. This included mounting (tires on rims), balancing, next day shipping, BMW center caps, M Badges (small square badges for wheels), and he even threw in a set of matte black lug nuts for the winter wheels.

Honestly, best service hands down. Victor is as honest as they come. He could have sold me last years tires but he doesn't operate like that.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 10:14 AM   #33
FirstF80InSpace
///M You
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I have always used 19" for winter and never had an issue. I'm in Ottawa and our roads are no better than any other major city, we have our issues. 18's IMO would look puny on this car. Tough call for sure!

How is the group buy holding up any way? I backed out because the unknown cost of duty when they land was a problem for me. I believe they have reached their desired group but size of 30, so it looks like it's a go?
The group buy has definitely hit over 30. I think I'll have to back out of it, because even with the discount, the taxes and duties on the tires as well as a strong USD will eat into any savings. I would like to buy the tires in Canada to save on duties.

Having said that, my only worry about reps is how they will hold out if encountering a pothole? Do you know if these reps are TUV or JWL certified? I've read some horror stories in forums of people hitting potholes with reps and the outcome not being desirable.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 10:18 AM   #34
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenCommunist View Post
The group buy has definitely hit over 30. I think I'll have to back out of it, because even with the discount, the taxes and duties on the tires as well as a strong USD will eat into any savings. I would like to buy the tires in Canada to save on duties.

Having said that, my only worry about reps is how they will hold out if encountering a pothole? Do you know if these reps are TUV or JWL certified? I've read some horror stories in forums of people hitting potholes with reps and the outcome not being desirable.
Sorry, couldn't tell you if they are TUV or JWL certified, I never even thought to ask. That said, I have sent Victor a note asking him this very question...I'll share his response here.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 11:36 AM   #35
Roch M4
I /// M FAN
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4 SS/SO 2016 / X5M C 2023

I got my winter set for my M4 from Tirerack, like I did before for my E92 or my X1, the priceand the products are good, very good service and fast shipping. It's a square setup with 18 inch wheels with 245/45R-18 DUNLOP SP WINTER SPORT 3D DSST RUNONFLAT
Attached Images

Last edited by Roch M4; 09-23-2016 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 02:00 PM   #36
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Sorry, couldn't tell you if they are TUV or JWL certified, I never even thought to ask. That said, I have sent Victor a note asking him this very question...I'll share his response here.
As promised, here is an update directly from Victor at Rennsport Tire:

"The wheels are made by Replika Wheels.

I have been selling these wheels for the last 5 years, with no issues or any complaints at all. These are built strong and durable using an advanced Low Pressure Casting Technique. The quality is OEM and tested to JWL and VIA standards.

The only wheels manufactured by TUV standards are the one sold by the dealers."

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2016, 04:45 PM   #37
Habber
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [9.83]
Guys, that being said, maybe someone can speak to Rennsport and see if we can get a Canadian group buy and see if we can save $100 or something. I'm waiting for my M3 to get here in December and would like to get 19's.

Anyone else think it's a good idea?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 05:07 PM   #38
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Guys, that being said, maybe someone can speak to Rennsport and see if we can get a Canadian group buy and see if we can save $100 or something. I'm waiting for my M3 to get here in December and would like to get 19's.

Anyone else think it's a good idea?
That's a great idea and I think Rennsport would be willing to do that for you guys.

Here's what I will do...since I have established a relationship with the owner already, I'll shoot him an email to see what he would be willing to offer. I'll post his response back here. Stay tuned.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 05:44 PM   #39
Habber
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
That's a great idea and I think Rennsport would be willing to do that for you guys.

Here's what I will do...since I have established a relationship with the owner already, I'll shoot him an email to see what he would be willing to offer. I'll post his response back here. Stay tuned.
That's real kind of you. Would be nice if you can get some kind of comp since you're the one who recommended him.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 05:46 PM   #40
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That's real kind of you. Would be nice if you can get some kind of comp since you're the one who recommended him.
I have already sent him an e-mail, so I should hear back soon.

All good...I am happy to help you guys out!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 10:36 AM   #41
FirstF80InSpace
///M You
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I have been selling these wheels for the last 5 years, with no issues or any complaints at all. These are built strong and durable using an advanced Low Pressure Casting Technique. The quality is OEM and tested to JWL and VIA standards.

Hope this helps!
This helps immensely. Thanks so much!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 12:03 PM   #42
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Hope this helps!
This helps immensely. Thanks so much!
He has confirmed he can do something, just waiting to hear as to what he could offer and what the minimum "buy in" required.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 09:12 PM   #43
SPACEMANRICK
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 6 speed manual

If anyone is interested in silver, here is a link to some pictures of my winter Replika wheels with 255/35/19 Bridgestone Blizzak LM 32 tires that I bought from Volco Tires in Coquitlam last year.

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 10:56 PM   #44
///M3_F80
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPACEMANRICK
If anyone is interested in silver, here is a link to some pictures of my winter Replika wheels with 255/35/19 Bridgestone Blizzak LM 32 tires that I bought from Volco Tires in Coquitlam last year.

View post on imgur.com
Those look like the F30 reps? Very nice regardless! I assume you are running a square set up?

Looks good!
Appreciate 0