Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-25-2024, 06:57 AM   #111
Dsmdrew
Private
Rep
Drives: Go5

I still don't understand why people spend there money on aftermarket coils. There all made in China. Just buy elder. Know to work and last. Dinan coils are crap but people keep buying into it until they fail or just don't work. And it seems one of the biggest things with the coils conversion is getting the correct coils
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 08:41 AM   #112
n8dgr84
572whp Stock Turbos/DP E60 Tune by Tier1Tuning
Rep
Drives: M2C - 6MT - Flex Fuel

FWIW Bosch coils are just rebadged Eldor coils so if those are easier to get, get those.
https://bimmerprofs.com/b-series-eng...n-coils-bosch/
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 11:15 AM   #113
b_w.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8dgr84 View Post
FWIW Bosch coils are just rebadged Eldor coils so if those are easier to get, get those.
https://bimmerprofs.com/b-series-eng...n-coils-bosch/
same as the eldor coils I got from ECS

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 01:49 PM   #114
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsmdrew View Post
I still don't understand why people spend there money on aftermarket coils. There all made in China. Just buy elder. Know to work and last. Dinan coils are crap but people keep buying into it until they fail or just don't work. And it seems one of the biggest things with the coils conversion is getting the correct coils
I disagree. It’s not the coils it seems to be something to do with production date of the vehicle

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 05:15 PM   #115
n8dgr84
572whp Stock Turbos/DP E60 Tune by Tier1Tuning
Rep
Drives: M2C - 6MT - Flex Fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORAGRETS View Post
I disagree. It’s not the coils it seems to be something to do with production date of the vehicle
The motors and components are exactly the same. You're making this harder than it has to be.

It has to be something to do with the springs inside the extended boots not making contact with the plugs. I have one that is a bit "off" but I just stretched it out and it's been fine.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 05:17 PM   #116
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8dgr84 View Post
The motors and components are exactly the same. You're making this harder than it has to be.

It has to be something to do with the springs inside the extended boots not making contact with the plugs. I have one that is a bit "off" but I just stretched it out and it's been fine.
I’m not the only one…people have run the same products are their cars with no success.
Even someone on the N55 platform said the same thing…it’s hit or miss…

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:17 AM   #117
wheela
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 35i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORAGRETS View Post
Any tried these instead?

https://www.ignitionprojectsusa.com/...sku-ip-a122609

Offers 4x the spark over oem coils (more than the b58 offers), and they’re direct fit…aka no headaches and wondering if it’ll work or not.

Seems like the better solution imo. And they’re under turners lifetime warranty…

I’m gonna buy a set
I could have swore when I clicked the link you shared yesterday, I saw 4x spark energy and twice the spark current listed on their site. Then in your other thread, you asked them for some data supporting it. I just clicked the link again, and now says nothing about 4x spark energy or twice the spark current - it just says higher spark current and longer spark duration. Am I misremembering what I saw yesterday because you said 4x the spark over oem coils in your post, or did they quick ninja edit their site content? Did anybody else see that yesterday?

Edit: adding screenshot from today. Unfortunately I didn't think to screenshot it yesterday.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
NORAGRETS444.00
      Today, 07:46 AM   #118
ra2289
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheela View Post
I could have swore when I clicked the link you shared yesterday, I saw 4x spark energy and twice the spark current listed on their site. Then in your other thread, you asked them for some data supporting it. I just clicked the link again, and now says nothing about 4x spark energy or twice the spark current - it just says higher spark current and longer spark duration. Am I misremembering what I saw yesterday because you said 4x the spark over oem coils in your post, or did they quick ninja edit their site content? Did anybody else see that yesterday?

Edit: adding screenshot from today. Unfortunately I didn't think to screenshot it yesterday.
I remember seeing 4x the spark as well. So you’re not crazy….or we both are.
Appreciate 0