ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

11-26-2014, 05:15 PM   #1
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

A history continued: IND installs an Eisenmann exhaust for an M fanatic.

We are grateful every day at IND for the longevity offered to us by our clients. Thanks to each and every IND client, we have the privilege of watching the ebb and flow of BMW M cars over the decades. We have watched the M brand evolve and grow, and feel lucky every single morning when we come into the office and have yet another opportunity to work with BMW’s latest and greatest. This longevity has granted us a sense of perspective- an ability to remember M models that are long gone, and use BMW M’s history book to make our choices.

From time to time, we are fortunate enough to work with an M fan that has a similar sense of perspective, and a similar love for BMW M cars. The owner of this Austin Yellow M4 has at one point in his life owned without exception every single M car ever created by BMW, and his sense of perspective has enabled him to work with brands that have stood the test of time- BBS, Brembo, Eisenmann.

Our client’s M4 is still in its early stages of modification, but is currently outfitted with a BMW Performance front lip and rear diffuser, and a BMW Performance trunk spoiler. This week we have proudly added one of the first Eisenmann exhaust systems in the country, to give this M4 the bark and personality it deserves.

Enjoy the photos, and stay tuned for more updates as this M4 project continues to develop!

11-26-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
Maddict3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 GT3

Nice!
      11-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #3
///carbon
tuned
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

It looks good but so far I am disappointed of the sound. I hope it gets better after a few miles otherwise i will consider selling it.

Z-Performance///M4: https://www.facebook.com/ZPerformanceM4
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #4
IND-Distribution
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///carbon View Post
It looks good but so far I am disappointed of the sound. I hope it gets better after a few miles otherwise i will consider selling it.
I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble! I noticed that your car has the non-resonated x pipe- I would consider communicating with your contact in Europe to change to a resonated x pipe. The Eisenmann system was designed with the resonated x pipe in mind, and the sound is absolutely phenomenal with this combination. The non resonated x pipe was built for those that absolutely had to have the minimum possible flow restriction, but the sound is certainly best with the resonated x pipe, with no real cost to HP output.
      11-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #5
damnitBobby
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Wow AY M4 looks insanely good in these pictures
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #6
///carbon
tuned
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble! I noticed that your car has the non-resonated x pipe- I would consider communicating with your contact in Europe to change to a resonated x pipe. The Eisenmann system was designed with the resonated x pipe in mind, and the sound is absolutely phenomenal with this combination. The non resonated x pipe was built for those that absolutely had to have the minimum possible flow restriction, but the sound is certainly best with the resonated x pipe, with no real cost to HP output.
I see. Thanx for the help but how can a resonated x pipe sound better than a non resonated? It should be the other way round...

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #7
LukasAT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5M

Quote:
I see. Thanx for the help but how can a resonated x pipe sound better than a non resonated? It should be the other way round...
makes me curious how it sounds in real. are you in Vienna over christmas-new year?
      11-26-2014, 06:31 PM   #8
haynstyleM2
Major
Rep
Drives: '24 M2

Quote:

We are grateful every day at IND for the longevity offered to us by our clients. Thanks to each and every IND client, we have the privilege of watching the ebb and flow of BMW M cars over the decades. We have watched the M brand evolve and grow, and feel lucky every single morning when we come into the office and have yet another opportunity to work with BMW’s latest and greatest. This longevity has granted us a sense of perspective- an ability to remember M models that are long gone, and use BMW M’s history book to make our choices.

From time to time, we are fortunate enough to work with an M fan that has a similar sense of perspective, and a similar love for BMW M cars. The owner of this Austin Yellow M4 has at one point in his life owned without exception every single M car ever created by BMW, and his sense of perspective has enabled him to work with brands that have stood the test of time- BBS, Brembo, Eisenmann.

Our client’s M4 is still in its early stages of modification, but is currently outfitted with a BMW Performance front lip and rear diffuser, and a BMW Performance trunk spoiler. This week we have proudly added one of the first Eisenmann exhaust systems in the country, to give this M4 the bark and personality it deserves.

Enjoy the photos, and stay tuned for more updates as this M4 project continues to develop!

Hey Ilia. System looks solid. Are those the exact tips that we would be getting if went with this system? The inner tips look black.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #9
bronch
Waiting for the sun
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240ix

Cheers to the owner, that's dedication to a brand and quite an accomplishment. Would be cool if he was able to keep them all.

I haven't heard Eisenman on an M3/4 yet, but I've heard and seen it on an M5 and the sound and build quality is very nice. I like to see that at least they tried to take some of the sheer stock exhaust acreage away from the axle-back muffler system. Are the cats in that mass of metal too or are they in the downpipes?
2018 M240ix- Daily driver. Still Woohoo!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #10
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///carbon
Quote:
Louder does not mean better. The resonators "tune" the sound removing unwanted frequencies and emphasizing desirable ones.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #11
Performance One
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Great work
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 07:42 PM   #12
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

awesome! Can't wait to get mine, hopefully its soon

that AY M4 is sexy as all get up

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 08:25 PM   #13
Brady1984
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///carbon
I think am safe in assuming you are the owner who has had pretty much every M car ever made. I think that qualifies you as a good judge. If you are saying after a short time that you are not a big fan of the sound I am going to go with you on it. The exhaust is as respected a brand and shop as we have in our community doing the work. This is just not a good sounding car. I have seen DPs sound terrible, cat back sound awful, local shop straight pipes sound terrible etc etc. Show me an F8x with a good sounding exhaust and you will sell thousands. Sadly it does not exist.
      11-26-2014, 09:25 PM   #14
IND-Distribution
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady1984 View Post
I think am safe in assuming you are the owner who has had pretty much every M car ever made. I think that qualifies you as a good judge. If you are saying after a short time that you are not a big fan of the sound I am going to go with you on it. The exhaust is as respected a brand and shop as we have in our community doing the work. This is just not a good sounding car. I have seen DPs sound terrible, cat back sound awful, local shop straight pipes sound terrible etc etc. Show me an F8x with a good sounding exhaust and you will sell thousands. Sadly it does not exist.

To be clear, ///carbon is not the owner of the Austin Yellow M4 shown here. He is not from North America (IND's territory), and does not work with IND.

The Austin Yellow M4 shown here has a resonated center section- the key to an excellent sound from the S55 engine, in my opinion. ///carbon has a non-resonated center section. While some people may prefer the sound of the non-resonated center, the vast majority will be happier with the resonated mid pipes.

After nearly two years of planning, design, and development, the Eisenmann f8x systems are shipping to their owners for the first time. There has been a great deal of speculation about what sound is possible from the S55 engine and thus far all other exhaust manufacturers have fallen short. The Eisenmann system absolutely delivers in this department, as anyone that has heard it with a resonated mid section can attest to. I look forward to seeing owner's viewpoints once more clients take delivery of their own Eisenmann exhausts.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 01:16 PM   #15
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

Quote:
You are 100% correct. I will add that the car sounds good or better under load.

What makes this "pill" little easier to swallow is the sound inside the cabin, whether it's fake or not I LOVE IT.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 02:48 PM   #16
Bokke
Major
Rep
Drives: E90M3/991.2GT3/G82M4CSL/9YOTGT

Mine will arrive tomorrow and be installed next week. I have no doubt it will exceed expectations!!!
23 G82 ///M4CSL | AW | Race Buckets |
24 9YO Cayenne TGT | QGM| Burgundy | Neodyne / PCCB
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #17
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke
Mine will arrive tomorrow and be installed next week. I have no doubt it will exceed expectations!!!
When you getting the KWs? Eager to see some fresh pics of your car once it's lowered

My BBS, Akra, DPs and KW Club Sports were shipped yesterday...
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 04:40 PM   #18
///carbon
tuned
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Well, it does not sound good. It is neither loud nor awesome. It sounds pretty much like the stock exhaust. I have been talking today to the guy who developed this exhaust as i am at one big german show called the ESSEN MOTOR SHOW. He promissed me they will send me the resonated version including downpipes. I think that is a fair move. Can't wait to get them installed to see how it will change. I will keep you updated.

This is the car at the moment. Just mounted the tips. They are looking sick. LOVE THEM.

Last edited by ///carbon; 11-27-2014 at 04:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 05:05 PM   #19
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOM3 View Post
You are 100% correct. I will add that the car sounds good or better under load.

What makes this "pill" little easier to swallow is the sound inside the cabin, whether it's fake or not I LOVE IT.
Fake sound is a pill I can't swallow, and I'll be coding it off asap. I'm not surprised that an Eis w/o a resonated center doesn't sound much different/better than stock ... for me $6 though ... just can't justify it. If I had baller ///carbon dough I'd give it a shot but I just don't think any exhaust will help. I'm staying open minded on the Eis w/ Res though.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 07:45 AM   #20
classic6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB/BB E90 M3

I currently have the resonated mid section and exhaust. It's also paired with downpipes and I must say the sound is very unique. the cold start is pretty damn loud, but once is warms up it get quiet. With the valves open, it screams.
I had the opportunity to drive in the IND YM car which has just the exhaust and resonated mid. My car is definitely louder due to the downpipes. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a clean sound to go with just the resonated midpipes and exhaust and not their straight pipe version. I can't imagine the sound of I went with the straight pipes. Pretty sure it would be annoying!
If anyone is looking for a quick video I have it posted on my IG account. my account is ekuehn14.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #21
Dawko
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: :

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:

This is the car at the moment. Just mounted the tips. They are looking sick. LOVE THEM.

wheels look good!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 10:02 AM   #22
Bokke
Major
Rep
Drives: E90M3/991.2GT3/G82M4CSL/9YOTGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
When you getting the KWs? Eager to see some fresh pics of your car once it's lowered

My BBS, Akra, DPs and KW Club Sports were shipped yesterday...
Going on at the same time!! I can't wait! You are gonna love your look!!

Selling my F10 M5 today - gotta make room for the GT3
23 G82 ///M4CSL | AW | Race Buckets |
24 9YO Cayenne TGT | QGM| Burgundy | Neodyne / PCCB
Appreciate 0