R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

01-29-2024, 11:04 AM   #45
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, R56 Camden, G37x

1. CES - QUALITY WORK
2. Eurofed
3. EuroMpire $4000 last I heard
4. Dynamic Autotune - they will recommend you not doing it as will I.

Those are all the CLT shops and all I can give.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 11:13 AM   #46
nalinc23
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMstein View Post
1. CES - QUALITY WORK
2. Eurofed
3. EuroMpire $4000 last I heard
4. Dynamic Autotune - they will recommend you not doing it as will I.

Those are all the CLT shops and all I can give.
Thank you! I like CES a lot and used them for my bench unlock on my prior car as well as Dinan Springs. John over there told me $5000 so I was a little bummed out. I asked him to clarify and he cited inflation which I get but it seems like the recent increases are well above inflationary cost increases. But I don't own a shop so I'm not positive.

Eurofed or EuroMpire is a spin off of CES correct?
2020 BMW X3 M, BM3 Tune SOLD
2015 BMW M235i MG 6M SOLD
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2024, 12:37 PM   #47
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalinc23 View Post
Thank you! I like CES a lot and used them for my bench unlock on my prior car as well as Dinan Springs. John over there told me $5000 so I was a little bummed out. I asked him to clarify and he cited inflation which I get but it seems like the recent increases are well above inflationary cost increases. But I don't own a shop so I'm not positive.

Eurofed or EuroMpire is a spin off of CES correct?
$5k is nucking futs and it's worth it to ship the car to that place in CA that does it for a lot less. They use that spline lock crap for cheap so they can do it for less. It's more like in the league of "I really don't want to do this but will for $xxxx price, I will".

Matt (a friend, and John as well) started EuroMpire and used to work for John and next door. CES is F80Paul's (the tuner) selected shop. I heard a story from a guy that said he made a deposit on a CH at $3500 final cost and two months later wanted the car back and then Matt charged him $4000 about 6 months ago. Don't know Matt's side of the story but he has had people quit on him lately. Honestly, if you are not jumping the car off the ground at 3000+ RPM, or beating on it cold, or using kickdown (DCT), money shift (MT) you should be fine. There is a physical reason for the spins (mentioned above) and it can be managed however it can happen to stock cars which means that tuning is not the problem. It's user error, John and other shop owners, agree. It's a money making product for shops like LiquiMarketing.

I saw your post on the CH is trash post and they are a useless placebo. I am OTS S1&2 and track the car regularly and no issues. Dynamic also supports track cars that are not done. I do all my own work so I am not sure about all these shops.

Last edited by FrankMstein; 01-29-2024 at 12:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 03:13 PM   #48
nalinc23
Private
Rep

Quote:
$5k is nucking futs and it's worth it to ship the car to that place in CA that does it for a lot less. They use that spline lock crap for cheap so they can do it for less. It's more like in the league of "I really don't want to do this but will for $xxxx price, I will".

Matt (a friend, and John as well) started EuroMpire and used to work for John and next door. CES is F80Paul's (the tuner) selected shop. I heard a story from a guy that said he made a deposit on a CH at $3500 final cost and two months later wanted the car back and then Matt charged him $4000 about 6 months ago. Don't know Matt's side of the story but he has had people quit on him lately. Honestly, if you are not jumping the car off the ground at 3000+ RPM, or beating on it cold, or using kickdown (DCT), money shift (MT) you should be fine. There is a physical reason for the spins (mentioned above) and it can be managed however it can happen to stock cars which means that tuning is not the problem. It's user error, John and other shop owners, agree. It's a money making product for shops like LiquiMarketing.

I saw your post on the CH is trash post and they are a useless placebo. I am OTS S1&2 and track the car regularly and no issues. Dynamic also supports track cars that are not done. I do all my own work so I am not sure about all these shops.
Good info, I've seen your posts and information all over the forums, thanks for that. Also didn't realize you were in NC. Yeah, I had a fun trip to CES with my last car, got to hear some of the stories from them which line up exactly with what you're saying.

Did you do your own Crank Hub? Or leave it OEM?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 06:14 AM   #49
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalinc23 View Post
Good info, I've seen your posts and information all over the forums, thanks for that. Also didn't realize you were in NC. Yeah, I had a fun trip to CES with my last car, got to hear some of the stories from them which line up exactly with what you're saying.

Did you do your own Crank Hub? Or leave it OEM?
I elected to get a warranty with the same money financed with the car...we'll see. It covers more than the one part. I will not be doing it as I am too old for that kind of surgery now. Dunno, each time I look at the videos it convinces me I'm invincible again.

Yeah if innernet people would stop listening to keyboard warrior parking lot hotboi wannabes
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 08:03 AM   #50
nalinc23
Private
Rep

Quote:
I elected to get a warranty with the same money financed with the car...we'll see. It covers more than the one part. I will not be doing it as I am too old for that kind of surgery now. Dunno, each time I look at the videos it convinces me I'm invincible again.

Yeah if innernet people would stop listening to keyboard warrior parking lot hotboi wannabes
100%!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 11:34 AM   #51
njavier03
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F82 M4

the CH will always be a controversial topic. i think most get it done if they have the means and just dont want to have to worry about it. a ton of factors and luck contribute to yours potentially spinning, so its honestly up to you as an owner and what you feel comfortable with. pay less now or pay more if/when it fail. all comes down to chance and how much you're willing to "risk" it. its like insurance, you can pay your premiums year after year and never have an accident. or the day comes and you're glad you're covered.
Appreciate 0