Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-13-2018, 11:33 PM   #23
yjypm
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstar335 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjypm View Post
So I'm on stage 1 ots file version 6. Sport mode has lots of aggressive crackles and pops on my car but sport+ mode was exactly like what I had with zcp sport mode: very short and subtle pops.
Hi, are you implying the burbles are more aggressive in Sport than in Sport+?
Exactly this on my car.

Instagram:catpupu_f80
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 05:36 AM   #24
muhri
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 16 M3, 05 911S, 18 AMG GTR

proTUNING Freaks

I've flashed my car with OTS Stage 1 - I figured I'd get above and beyond ZCP oem burbles but no, I wish you could address this please.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 09:13 PM   #25
iuhutch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18%E2%80%99 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svergel91 View Post
What's up guys i flashed my car last night with the Bootmod3 OTS stage 2 and results were day and night in comparison the jb4. I currently have a 17 zcp M3 with fbo's and the initial start after flash I realized right away the car was much quieter during cold start(which i dont like) so after letting car warm up a bit I took it for a spin know the vehicles DME needed to adapt. After driving for a bit I noticed the burbles were no where near the stock ZCP. So my question here is I'm asking if there's a way to get that loud cold start again along with the burbles like the stock zcp which the sweet spot in rpm range was 2k-3k. If anyone can give me advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking!
What map are you running? I just got BM3 myself, and the stage 2 e30 map is off the chains. This OTS map has the cold start disabled and a very nimble (less than ZCP stock) burble. they literally just came out with the updates to customize OTS maps and edit these parameters as needed.

Just make sure you update your BM3 agent and go into the map of your preference and make the user setting parameters to your liking...
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 09:14 PM   #26
iuhutch
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjypm View Post
Exactly this on my car.
What OTS map? see my post above^^
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2018, 09:18 PM   #27
iuhutch
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muhri View Post
proTUNING Freaks

I've flashed my car with OTS Stage 1 - I figured I'd get above and beyond ZCP oem burbles but no, I wish you could address this please.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 02:15 AM   #28
muhri
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhutch View Post
Hello, BM Stage 1 Octane 91. Burbles only at standstill when revving the car, 1st and second gear below 3000 RPMS at lift off, non existent otherwise. Car is 2016 stock M3 6 speed manual trans. I've informed the BM3 team already and they should be helping me out this week.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 08:14 AM   #29
muhri
Private First Class
Rep

I forgot to say that I did try the new settings screen - it seems to do nothing. I guess the maps will need to be updated to accept the config and they did not get to it yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 02:12 PM   #30
iuhutch
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I forgot to say that I did try the new settings screen - it seems to do nothing. I guess the maps will need to be updated to accept the config and they did not get to it yet.
I too am running into issues getting the parameters to adopt correctly when changing the map. I gave up last night and am going to try a little more today.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 02:14 PM   #31
muhri
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhutch View Post
I too am running into issues getting the parameters to adopt correctly when changing the map. I gave up last night and am going to try a little more today.
I am almost certain that the options do nothing as the ots maps had not been updated. In any case, I am awaiting support so we can improve the burble situation. The power gains are great nonetheless.
Appreciate 1
iuhutch111.00
      07-04-2018, 09:56 AM   #32
dpeezie
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BWM M4 comp pkg

Happy 4th everyone! Anyone know if this has been addressed? Love the stock ZCP Burbles but also would like to try BM3. Unsure if it's worth the compromise of reduced sound. I have a new 2018 ZCP M4. Thanks in advance and for everyones posts which helped turn me towards this amazing car.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 10:15 AM   #33
muhri
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeezie View Post
Happy 4th everyone! Anyone know if this has been addressed? Love the stock ZCP Burbles but also would like to try BM3. Unsure if it's worth the compromise of reduced sound. I have a new 2018 ZCP M4. Thanks in advance and for everyones posts which helped turn me towards this amazing car.
This has been addressed in the OTS map but the sliders still don't produce exact results. Try the OTS map first without playing with the options.
Appreciate 1
dpeezie10.50
      07-04-2018, 10:51 AM   #34
dpeezie
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BWM M4 comp pkg

Quote:
This has been addressed in the OTS map but the sliders still don't produce exact results. Try the OTS map first without playing with the options.
Thanks Muhri!
Appreciate 1
muhri88.00
      07-16-2018, 09:37 AM   #35
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandy View Post
Just to add different aspect to the conversation. I'm non-zcp (with Remus backbox and Active Autowerke midpipe).

Prior to map I had no burbles just the usual sports+ pops and crackles that comes with the exhaust.

Since flashing (Stage 1 - 93) I've burbles always appear on downshift and most noticeable in 2nd, 3rd get when lifting off.

Efficient = No burbles
Sports = very little
Sports+ = silly loud and constant they last 6-7 seconds

As it is doing a video this weekend anyway so will be good for someone to watch once done and see the thoughts.
Hi,
Can we setup this modes with bm3?

Efficient = No burbles
Sports = very little
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 09:48 AM   #36
muhri
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evren View Post
Hi,
Can we setup this modes with bm3?

Efficient = No burbles
Sports = very little
The sliders supposedly will allow you to do this.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 09:56 AM   #37
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Sliders?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 12:35 PM   #38
muhri
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Sliders?
There is a config screen for OTS maps where you can control the agressiveness of the burbles.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 01:00 PM   #39
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Sliders?
Quote:
There is a config screen for OTS maps where you can control the agressiveness of the burbles.
They configure sport and sports plus duration, however aggression (volume) is controlled by 1 slider for ranges 1-7 which apply to both sport and sports plus
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 04:58 PM   #40
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sliders?
thank you..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 04:59 PM   #41
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Sliders?
Quote:
They configure sport and sports plus duration, however aggression (volume) is controlled by 1 slider for ranges 1-7 which apply to both sport and sports plus
thanks for answer
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #42
Josh_F82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Has anyone gotten any updates on this? I recently did my BM3 install on non-ZCP and running stage 2 OTS tune. Burbles are not bad. They're there mainly between 3-4k, but nothing higher and only for about 3 secs. I toyed with the sliders to get them at higher RPMs, to sound more aggressive, and for longer period of time (basically moving the aggression slider up)... but playing with the sliders only made it worse. Once I touched them, the car did the complete opposite. The burbles became even quieter and shorter. I didn't like that at all, so I just reflashed it back to OTS map to get the original burbles back. I've been seeing all these videos from Protuningfreaks were the burbles sound amazing. Has anyone found the perfect set up on the sliders? I'm all stock right now, but im doing my downpipes tomorrow. Will this improve aggressiveness of the burbles?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 05:51 PM   #43
muhri
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_F82 View Post
Has anyone gotten any updates on this? I recently did my BM3 install on non-ZCP and running stage 2 OTS tune. Burbles are not bad. They're there mainly between 3-4k, but nothing higher and only for about 3 secs. I toyed with the sliders to get them at higher RPMs, to sound more aggressive, and for longer period of time (basically moving the aggression slider up)... but playing with the sliders only made it worse. Once I touched them, the car did the complete opposite. The burbles became even quieter and shorter. I didn't like that at all, so I just reflashed it back to OTS map to get the original burbles back. I've been seeing all these videos from Protuningfreaks were the burbles sound amazing. Has anyone found the perfect set up on the sliders? I'm all stock right now, but im doing my downpipes tomorrow. Will this improve aggressiveness of the burbles?
that was my exact complaint - for stock non-zcp cars, the burbles are very subdued and the sliders don't quite work yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 08:05 AM   #44
PLZ_M3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 ZCP M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_F82 View Post
I flashed my F80 w/ the stage 2 93 octane (AAG/aggressive burbles) last night. Burbles are slightly too much for my taste, but I also have the MPE w/ catless downpipes. I configured the AAG burble tune to 4.5 aggression. There's a thread where PTF claims the AAG aggression is 5. I'll post about the aggression level after using the sliders to see if they're working now to fine tune these details.
Appreciate 0