Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

04-03-2024, 12:21 AM   #1
M3MF80
Rep
Drives: M3 F80

Exclamation Sparks and Coils - Performance Decrease

Hey guys, I'm running into a bit of an issue with my car as of recently. Just a few days ago I had changed my Spark Plugs and Coils, and since the change I have noticed a decrease in power, not sure if I may have installed something incorrect or what it could've been, spark plugs were gapped to 0.022.

I'm also running a stage 2 MHD tune with front mount intakes if that would make any difference, no aftermarket mods aside from that. In addition to that I noticed when I let off the gas when I'm in Sport+ usually the exhaust goes BRRAPP, no more of that which is sad. Cherry on top is that my intakes sound a bit quieter and when i let off the gas it sounds like I have BOV valve??

Any Help would mean a lot, TIA!

2016 M3
56k Miles

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...12138616153kt6

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...silzkbr8d8skt1
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 09:16 AM   #2
n8dgr84
572whp Stock Turbos/DP E60 Tune by Tier1Tuning
Rep
Drives: M2C - 6MT - Flex Fuel

Sounds like you may have cracked the stock plastic charge pipes and/or the o-rings have perished, causing a boost leak. Do you have bootmod3 to log the wastegate duty cycle and boost?
Appreciate 0