Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-18-2018, 06:33 PM   #221
Ddubya
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 Atlantis F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2ruder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddubya View Post
Can you give an update on how this is holding up I'm looking to do the same to mine.
Thx
Can't tell ya, car left me last Aug. I am on the F87 platform now. It was still in tact then but had started cracking around the outer seam on the bottom of the can
Awesome. I was hopeful that it was good as the welds and extra support brackets looked legit!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 06:35 PM   #222
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Awesome. I was hopeful that it was good as the welds and extra support brackets looked legit!
If you do the support repair, I recommend you do top and bottom while your getting it done. That was my plan but the shop did not have the material
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 06:37 PM   #223
Ddubya
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 Atlantis F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2ruder View Post
Quote:
If you do the support repair, I recommend you do top and bottom while your getting it done. That was my plan but the shop did not have the material
Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 07:59 PM   #224
Refined
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Well this is all quite disappointing. I was considering putting a mpe on my car when I take it out of winter storage at the end of the month, but I don't feel like rolling the dice. Not sure what to buy instead. I really like the akra but it's a little more than I wanted to spend. Looks like I have some more research to do.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 11:48 PM   #225
F80Moe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refined View Post
Well this is all quite disappointing. I was considering putting a mpe on my car when I take it out of winter storage at the end of the month, but I don't feel like rolling the dice. Not sure what to buy instead. I really like the akra but it's a little more than I wanted to spend. Looks like I have some more research to do.
Akrapovic slip on + AA midpipe

Price will be about the same as an MPE

Setup will also give you more gains since your secondary cats are deleted
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 11:59 PM   #226
Aapparition90
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 lci m3 mw

Garage List
2014 bmw 328i  [0.00]
2012 bmw 328i  [0.00]
Refined just get the full remus catback.
      03-19-2018, 10:46 AM   #227
tonymac1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i, 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic75 View Post
Mine has already been replaced once. It now needs to be replaced again. It took my dealer / Bmw 4 months to give the green light. CanÂ’t replace until June though as apparently there is another new version coming out.

I will be requesting my money back.
Hi do you have any additional info regarding this new version? Part number?
      03-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #228
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac1 View Post
Hi do you have any additional info regarding this new version? Part number?
This is what I want to know!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 02:28 AM   #229
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refined View Post
I'm satisfied with the way it looks and sounds but honestly after having to replace it already with 30k miles I would not get the MPE again, especially out of warranty.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #230
OF Hero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I'm satisfied with the way it looks and sounds but honestly after having to replace it already with 30k miles I would not get the MPE again, especially out of warranty.
I would say getting 30k out of it.seems pretty good considering what most people here are experiencing.

I'm getting ancy and want to take the plunge, especially with spring coming up and summer wheels going back on soon, feel like I need to add something special.

Can anyone else confirm new model# and perhaps improved design on the way? Or just take my chances knowing I still have a good warranty to protect me??
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 09:52 AM   #231
ec126
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by OF Hero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I would say getting 30k out of it.seems pretty good considering what most people here are experiencing.

I'm getting ancy and want to take the plunge, especially with spring coming up and summer wheels going back on soon, feel like I need to add something special.

Can anyone else confirm new model# and perhaps improved design on the way? Or just take my chances knowing I still have a good warranty to protect me??
I would wait. I know that feeling but I'd wait till the new one comes out. Even then I would wait until more people confirms that the new ones are legit before taking the plunge. Can splitting after just a few months (for some) and even at 30k is unacceptable.

Granted I'm comparing apples to oranges against normal cars, my Acura RSX Type S I have over 210k miles. Zero exhaust issues lol

I want the mpe myself
      03-20-2018, 04:30 PM   #232
Gtalancon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Azurite M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtoE92 View Post
I have a question, maybe some of you can help me answer this

i just got my hands on 2nd hand MPE in good condition without any cracks at this moment

Down the line of ownership, if it starts to have cracks and I have the original receipt of purchase from the original owner

I can get the replacement under warranty even if I didnt get this installed at BMW dealership?
I have this same question

Last edited by Gtalancon; 03-20-2018 at 04:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 04:50 PM   #233
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtalancon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtoE92 View Post
I have a question, maybe some of you can help me answer this

i just got my hands on 2nd hand MPE in good condition without any cracks at this moment

Down the line of ownership, if it starts to have cracks and I have the original receipt of purchase from the original owner

I can get the replacement under warranty even if I didnt get this installed at BMW dealership?
I have this same question
No the dealership will likely not cover it if it were not installed by someone authorised by BMW.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 04:54 PM   #234
f80er
Banned
Rep
Drives: An M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modaddict79 View Post
No the dealership will likely not cover it if it were not installed by someone authorised by BMW.
You don't know that for sure. Dealers can and do a lot for customers they want to keep happy.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2018, 04:57 PM   #235
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post
Quote:
You don't know that for sure. Dealers can and do a lot for customers they want to keep happy.
Yes I do.

Multiple people on this forum have been denied by the dealer after installation at independent workshops.

You will likely require a receipt of purchase and proof of installation before BMW will authorise replacement.

The dealer has no say unfortunately. BMW will ask for this before approving a new exhaust. You may get lucky - but for an expensive exhaust good luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 05:19 PM   #236
Gtalancon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Azurite M4 ZCP

Quote:
Yes I do.

Multiple people on this forum have been denied by the dealer after installation at independent workshops.

You will likely require a receipt of purchase and proof of installation before BMW will authorise replacement.

The dealer has no say unfortunately. BMW will ask for this before approving a new exhaust. You may get lucky - but for an expensive exhaust good luck.
I read through the whole thread and don't think I saw an example of someone being denied because it was not installed by a BMW dealer. All the claims that were denied was due to not having a receipt?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 05:25 PM   #237
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtalancon View Post
Quote:
Yes I do.

I read through the whole thread and don't think I saw an example of someone being denied because it was not installed by a BMW dealer. All the claims that were denied was due to not having a receipt?
There is a guy on the Australian forum that had this exact problem. Dealer would not fix it so he he is welding it himself independently.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 06:42 PM   #238
f80er
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yes I do.

Whatever man you are stating it like its a fact, it isn't. Just cause you know someone who had it denied doesn't equate to it being the end all for everyone else.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2018, 06:49 PM   #239
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes I do.

Whatever man you are stating it like its a fact, it isn't. Just cause you know someone who had it denied doesn't equate to it being the end all for everyone else.
Give BMW Australia a call and see what they say regarding warranty conditions.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 07:09 PM   #240
f80er
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes I do.

I just called and they said.....

Do you come from a land down under
Where women glow and men plunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder
You better run, you better take cover
Appreciate 3
JDougM3177.00
shay2nak1070.00
      03-20-2018, 07:10 PM   #241
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes I do.

I just called and they said.....

Do you come from a land down under
Where women glow and men plunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder
You better run, you better take cover
Lol
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 07:17 PM   #242
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Let's make a song for the land of the AK 47 ?
Appreciate 0