European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

01-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #243
car7
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
Alternately
You could also be ruining an icon that's been 25 years in the making
You can always create a new icon
Buy why ruin what's probably the most noteworthy model in BMWs history?
The (M)arketing folk have gotten too powerful at BMW, and the real drivers/engineers are obviously taking a back seat
This is not an icon
This is a souped up 335, with a higher profit margin than the current generation
Plain and simple
Share as many parts as possible
And stick in the M badge, and charge more
This was tested with the 1m, and now it's coming to fruition in the M4

Oh and you can't really claim any originality, not when BMW is ripping off the idea of the 3/4 series from Audi, after the success (and higher prices charged for the A5)

I guarantee you the design team that made the E30 M3 were not thinking of profit margins, they were making the best possible car
THAT'S what made it an icon
There will be an M3 aswell, the 4 door. They make a new car, the 4 series. They wanna make an M-version of it, they call it the M4. Or do you think the M-model should be the only one called M3 even if it is a 4 series? This makes no sense. How can people take the name that seriously?

Why would it be an souped up 335? That is just stupid. This car will probably be more different from the regular 4 series than any M3 before. Just because its gonna have a six and turbos its a 335? More lightweight parts than ever before, probably alot of new inventions and so on. And aswell judging from the pictures, probably the sexiest car BMW ever made. Also the 4 series is rumored to be about 2000 euros/dollars more. Not a big difference from the current generation.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #244
car7
Rep

I think it almost looks as good as an Aston Martin haha.. The proportions looks great in these pictures atleast. Really a beast
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #245
Class-of-2016
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Quote:
Alternately
You could also be ruining an icon that's been 25 years in the making
You can always create a new icon
Buy why ruin what's probably the most noteworthy model in BMWs history?
The (M)arketing folk have gotten too powerful at BMW, and the real drivers/engineers are obviously taking a back seat
This is not an icon
This is a souped up 335, with a higher profit margin than the current generation
Plain and simple
Share as many parts as possible
And stick in the M badge, and charge more
This was tested with the 1m, and now it's coming to fruition in the M4

Oh and you can't really claim any originality, not when BMW is ripping off the idea of the 3/4 series from Audi, after the success (and higher prices charged for the A5)

I guarantee you the design team that made the E30 M3 were not thinking of profit margins, they were making the best possible car
THAT'S what made it an icon
+1 , here , here .... *golf clap*

Particularly the E30 comment. The days are gone where a car was purpose-built for racing and happen to be sold to consumers just so the car could race haha. At least the E92 / E90 engines are true F-1 derived blocks and there's still racing heritage in them.

While the new M3/4/5/6 are magnificent sports cars with power, that racing lineage died with the current generation M E9x and S65 / S85 motors.

But let me be clear, I WANT A M4 because I'm a car whore and must have the newest M beast out there. MORE IS BETTER. M is for MORE....hahahahahah
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #246
car7
Rep

Really hoping for no engine sound trough the speakers though, really ruins it! Just make it louder!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #247
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by car7 View Post
There will be an M3 aswell, the 4 door. They make a new car, the 4 series. They wanna make an M-version of it, they call it the M4. Or do you think the M-model should be the only one called M3 even if it is a 4 series? This makes no sense. How can people take the name that seriously?

Why would it be an souped up 335? That is just stupid. This car will probably be more different from the regular 4 series than any M3 before. Just because its gonna have a six and turbos its a 335? More lightweight parts than ever before, probably alot of new inventions and so on. And aswell judging from the pictures, probably the sexiest car BMW ever made. Also the 4 series is rumored to be about 2000 euros/dollars more. Not a big difference from the current generation.
What's the benefit of calling it a 4 series?
What does it add to the car?
The only reason BMW is doing this is they saw how much more Audi were asking for the A5 over the A4
I'm saying you've been calling the 2 and 4 door 3 series a 3 series for 3 or 4 decades
It's been working great
Why fuck with a car all the manufacturers are trying to imitate?

And yes I do feel it shares too many parts with the 335
It's basically the same engine, but with some nice parts tacked on
With the 1m they used the 335is engine but stuck on a "powered by m" sticker on it, but claimed it was all fine tuned and specially made for the 1m etc

This is more of the same
They realized the M badge sells
So they're Whoring it out
Thing is, and I don't think they understand this (that's the problem when your marketing people overtake your engineers) that the M badge won't be worth so much if they continue to make cars like this

Am I willing to pay the same premium for an M3 when I know I can probably get the same car if I get a 335 and do a nice tune?
No
I was willing to pay a markup for the e92 M3 (twice) because I know how many parts were different. I was paying more for bespoke parts.
I'm not paying a markup just because it has an M badge

M stood for motorsports
Does it still mean the same for BMW?
      01-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #248
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Sweet Jesus! Absolutely beautiful. I better start saving my pennies...
      01-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #249
turbologist
Emperor
United_States
Rep
Drives: tricycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei

The only reason BMW is doing this is they saw how much more Audi were asking for the A5 over the A4
I'm saying you've been calling the 2 and 4 door 3 series a 3 series for 3 or 4 decades
It's been working great

With the 1m they used the 335is engine but stuck on a "powered by m" sticker on it, but claimed it was all fine tuned and specially made for the 1m etc

This is more of the same
Thing is, and I don't think they understand this (that's the problem when your marketing people overtake your engineers) that the M badge won't be worth so much if they continue to make cars like this

Am I willing to pay the same premium for an M3 when I know I can probably get the same car if I get a 335 and do a nice tune?
No
I was willing to pay a markup for the e92 M3 (twice) because I know how many parts were different. I was paying more for bespoke parts.

M stood for motorsports

U mad bro?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #250
mlee4984
Slow M3 Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 ZCP

That's the SEX right thurr!

2014 Citrin Schwarz Metallic M5
2005 Interlagos Blau Metallic M3
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #251
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbologist View Post
U mad bro?
Passion, my man, and thank goodness for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #252
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
Hope the interior looks like the red one in the OP post.
Yes please! Sick
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #253
car7
Rep

Quote:
It's been working great

This is more of the same

No

M stood for motorsports
The 4 series is going to be more different than the 3 series coupe was. Thats why they are changing the name. The 1m was not nearly under development as long as the new m4 will be. That was a car with parts from the current m3 and the n54 engine sure. But it got amazing critics. This will be a completly new car, a lot lighter and more innovative. Faster in every way then the e92 m3 (I own a e92 m3). You think the engine is the only thing different from the 335, you have no clue obviously. Why would the new M4 have less bespoke parts? We barely know anything about it. Stop feeling bitter about a car name and your life will be easier I promise.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #254
Marioalex24
Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

How accurate is that interior? Man it looks good. The M4 is going to have some hard competition when it comes out. I'm having difficulty deciding between the M4 and the new vette but in z06 form once it comes out, even the base vette looks really good. Man hard to choose.
      01-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #255
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
The 4 series is going to be more different than the 3 series coupe was. Thats why they are changing the name.
Not sure that's correct. I think you're letting the marketing get to you just a little bit. I mean I could still be wrong, but with all the spy pics and information already out, the 4-Series isn't like the Audi A5 where it was seen as a new model for Audi. The 4-Series is nothing more than a 3-Series coupe with a different name. The only thing "different" will possibly be the options but other than that, it's going to be like the E92 and E90. Also, rumor has it that pricing is going to stay about the same as the E92 so I don't know how different it's going to be since BMW isn't really known for giving bang for buck. If you think the 4-Series is going to be this coupe that's going to look pretty, more luxurious, with power than the 3-Series to establish this new line for BMW, I think you're going to be disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #256
NAV8TT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei
Quote:

It's been working great

This is more of the same

No

M stood for motorsports
Your argument is valid and invalid at the same time. I kinda understand where ur coming from, the S65 V8 is made from scratch, it's naturally aspirated engine, no turbo and no supercharged crap.. So r u mad because its not going to be the case anymore? Is that what u meant by "M engineering" Ok I kinda agree, I'm a little mad too, the E9X M3 will remain exclusive for the rest of our lives, but if the reason u r mad is the number change M3, M4 ... Then that's a bit excessive. What difference does it make. There is an M5 sedan and M6 coupe.. So let be an M3 sedan and M4 coupe...
      01-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #257
clubsport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB

WOW

E92Alpine328i, I don't know what you do for a living but you severely under paid.

Great work. BMW should copy YOU.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #258
boostaholic786
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 N54 with MHD Custom flash

Man this is honestly one of the most attractable M cars ever, in my opinion.. The front looks angry like it will devour anything in its way (which it probably will) lol but take a look at the gauges....looks like regular 3 series gauges or am I seeing it wrong???
[SIZE="2"]Crimson Red E92 335i M-sport 6-speed with MHD custom stage 2+ flash only , 40% E85/93 mix,+ HRE P40S wheels, KW Clubsport, M3 sways,+BMW performance CF Mirrors, BMW Performance CF deck lid spoiler,+ CF interior trim, p3 vent boost gauge,+ LUX angel eyes (11.73@124mph on street tires)
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #259
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostaholic786 View Post
Man this is honestly one of the most attractable M cars ever, in my opinion.. The front looks angry like it will devour anything in its way (which it probably will) lol but take a look at the gauges....looks like regular 3 series gauges or am I seeing it wrong???
Alpine probably left them as stock gauges because we really don't have any clue what they might look like but like the M3 and E92 3-Series, the M4 should have a different set than the 4-Series coupe.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #260
Nutballa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 // BMW F22 M235i

Damn! So Sick

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 12:55 AM   #261
Alpin3_F30
Euro.Techniks-EAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 宝马.e90 View Post
Alpine probably left them as stock gauges because we really don't have any clue what they might look like but like the M3 and E92 3-Series, the M4 should have a different set than the 4-Series coupe.
yeah i didnt go too far into detail. just changed the steering wheel. got rid of those ugly basket stitching on the seats and doors, made the leather look more like M3 smooth nappa leather. some black accents on the interior door handles, window switch area and speaker cover,changed the trim to black and decided to go with a red extended package. oh and the black headliner. i shoula gotten rid of those ugly cup holders.
      01-25-2013, 01:40 AM   #262
lmaleke
Second Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: shifting priorities for now...

Talking I am all ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
..when Scott speaks people listen....
I am all ears...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:43 AM   #263
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car7
I think it almost looks as good as an Aston Martin haha.. The proportions looks great in these pictures atleast. Really a beast
Looks really awesome. But one thing. Am i the only one who thinks this car looks so damn HUGE?!?!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:52 AM   #264
d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW330iE90

Garage List
wow. great render. looks very realistic in render and very close to what the camo m3/m4 looks like.
Appreciate 0