BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-29-2014, 11:09 PM   #1
Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

Where can I see AY in real life?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I'd like to see Austin Yellow in real life. Does anyone know where an M3 or M4 in AY can be viewed? I'm in North Carolina, but willing to make a trip. East coast locations would be ideal. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 01:23 AM   #2
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post
I'd like to see Austin Yellow in real life. Does anyone know where an M3 or M4 in AY can be viewed? I'm in North Carolina, but willing to make a trip. East coast locations would be ideal. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Seen it, bought one. Still, it works way better on the four than in the three.

That color needs balance, so sunroof and anything other than black wheels are off the list. And interior must be black in my opinion. That color can not take much others.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 03:10 AM   #3
Audio Fan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post
Seen it, bought one. Still, it works way better on the four than in the three.

That color needs balance, so sunroof and anything other than black wheels are off the list. And interior must be black in my opinion. That color can not take much others.
Thanks. I need to see it in person to see if I like it better than SO, which I have seen and like. I want to like the yellow and agree with the need for black wheels and interior for AY or SO.

So, anyone know where an AY anything is parked this week?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 09:31 AM   #4
F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

Maybe call around to local dealerships and ask when they are getting their demos in and what color they are going to be?

I went to Detroit to see an AY M4 in person and... well...
      04-30-2014, 09:43 AM   #5
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post
Maybe call around to local dealerships and ask when they are getting their demos in and what color they are going to be?

Did you go all fan girl? I saw the F80 in AY, and I still have to say, it looks so much better in the 82, but, and don't hang me, the M3 looked so mean in person, I have been regretting getting the coupe since. If we didn't have kids and dogs, I would have crawled to the dealer and begged him to change my order.

To me it boiled down to Priuses. I could not have the same color as every other car on our street. And I hate white.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #6
Audio Fan
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post

No dealer around here is going to get AY, just safe colors. I have a week 19 production date, which is next week. Need to choose between SO and AY ASAP - default is SO.
Appreciate 0