EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover

05-01-2024, 08:14 PM   #67
Gunzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

I’ve used montway 4 times. Everytime was hassle free, your pre perceived notion about their rep is the hardest part to get out of your mind. Never had a bad experience and enclosed is your best bet. Fast and well priced.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2024, 09:14 AM   #68
SteveYem
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S4, 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

Last week I used Guardian Auto Transport / ACERTUS Delivers to transport my 2018 M3 from Houston, TX to southeast PA via enclosed trailer. It was a bit more expensive than Montway, which I had booked originally, but the service was quicker and the reviews for Guardian / ACERTUS were much better. Taken with a grain of salt, they have a 4.9 rating on Google with over 2000 reviews.

To be clear, Guardian / ACERTUS is a broker. I worked with Ethan who was very easy to talk to and seemingly transparent about their process. He mentioned that they hold the insurance certificates for all of their contracted network of truckers so if there is an issue with damage in transit that is identified upon delivery, they will step in to ensure that the trucking company stays on the hook to pay for the damages.

A representative from Guardian updated me on delivery status via text throughout the weekend and was available to answer the few questions I had during that timeframe. Note, active tracking of the truck was not available, but when I asked the Guardian rep whereabouts the driver was (I was purely curious about his progress across the country), within a half hour she had been in touch with the driver and updated me with his location.
They also gave me the driver's phone number so I was able to text back and forth with him, including making arrangements for a delivery location away from my house which was far more convenient for maneuvering his trailer.

I was impressed with the pace of the service. I called them last Friday morning and they were able to get a truck to pick up the car within 3 hours. The truck left the west Houston area around 1:00pm Friday, and arrived here in southeast PA at 7:00 pm on Sunday. That's 2.5 days, over a weekend, to go ~1600 miles and make a few other deliveries / pickups along the way (which I could tell because the other cars in the trailer at time of delivery were different from those at time of pickup). I am impressed.

The car was delivered in the same condition in which it was loaded. Yes, I paid more than I was expecting to pay ($1850 for covered transport), but in the end I am glad I spent the money and used this service.
Appreciate 0