Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

07-01-2019, 11:04 AM   #23
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorbes View Post
I've had plenty of short shifters and usually I would agree with you. But this chassis / computer, doesn't allow for quick shifts (quick engagement)

The stock shifter is butter, best I've ever felt.
Yes its smooth as butter but the shifter is tall and throws are long, therefore makes the shifting experience less enjoyable. just my 2 cents
      11-07-2021, 06:43 PM   #24
d0ctorj3kyll
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 F82 M4 Comp

Hi all! Sorry for the thread revival!

Just had an Evo3 installed on my F82 (Australian stock, RHD if that makes any difference). Having some issues I wonder if you can assist with.

The shift pattern has moved way too far forward - 4th gear is now where stock neutral was, and reverse and 1st nearly pull the shift boot trim out with how far forward they stretch it. Have confirmed the bolt head is correctly oriented and the shifter is not in backwards.

The shifter is also failing to return to neutral properly, like the detent springs aren't strong enough or something is too tight. 1st/2nd will come back to neutral weakly/slowly but 5th/6th just leave the shifter leaning to the right and it won't return until you push it over. Makes shifting difficult and not intuitive.

Have also noticed the shift knob and upper portion of the shifter shaft are rotating clockwise (to the right) about 20-30 degrees when moving it around or changing gears. Everything appears done up tight, and I've read in another forum that apparently a rubber bushing can be supplied by UUC to tighten this up?

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated!
Appreciate 0