BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

11-09-2017, 05:43 PM   #23
Oliver Queen
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB/SO M3, 2016 F10 M5

Hey guys, I updated the first post with pics of all 3 cars; I love the GTR! The car definitely sounds great and the interior never gets boring with all the sounds, and to be honest it's not annoying at all! I am going to get my exhaust installed this weekend and I'm sure I'll love it that much more.

The car is definitely not as refined as the M's but the car is really fun to drive, it's not as luxurious and comfortable, the car inside doesn't feel as big as it looks from the outside. And I have been driving this to work more often than the Rav4 lol!
2015 ML63 AMG
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 09:05 AM   #24
JPH704
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Huracan Performante & 720s

Just seeing this post. Did you purchase that car from Jordan? Looks like Little Switzerland NC in the attached pic.

I own both cars. The F80 ZCP M3 is a great daily but I'll reach for the GTR keys more. A modified GTR is an awesome experience!
      02-07-2018, 10:50 AM   #25
REDEV217342
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Queen View Post
The F80 is definitely more refined and I think the ZCP would've made a difference in the raw feel since mine was non-zcp. I can't wait to get the GTR on road, AWD with DCT is something I look forward to!

I absolutely agree and it was a mistake on my end, I went with the M3 and M5 for a perfect daily driver with performance, and they definitely are but I wanted more performance; The GTR will be a weekend car and the RAV4 the daily driver basically what the M's provide in two separate cars; I don't think I'd have fun daily driving the GTR
You won't have fun DD'ing the GTR....I had a 2010 and it was impressive as hell. Begged to be thrashed every time you drove it. But not something I wanted everyday. Having said that, it will be so damn enjoyable grabbing the keys on the weekend or evenings after work. One of my favorite cars I owned but no longer have.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 09:29 PM   #26
Madvillain
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: lada

odd you would say that u felt no diff bwtween f80 and f10. when my m5 was stock it was as fast as my friends tuned m3. we went on a test drive once in a srock m4 and it was slow as hellll comapred to the tuned m3 and srock m5. congrats on the gtr its a cool overall car not my sorta thing. if i had track days then mayyybbe. also as a side note lot of tests showed m5 to be pre decent on track(similar ring time and on other trakcs to m4) it def feels like a big boy tossing that thing around but still fun car in the bends. im curiouus to see how the gtr compares as an overall car to the other 2.
Appreciate 0