GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-01-2017, 12:09 AM   #1
OMRITIME
Lieutenant
Israel
Rep
Drives: M4

Thoughts on this new OBD flasher

No more Ecu removal
I saw it all over the internet
Crazy!!!

https://www.chiptuningshop.co.uk/pro...-obd-flasher/#
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 12:47 AM   #2
whoop_ass
Captain
Rep
Drives: non

DAMN!!!
not cheap but this will be a game changer for sure.

Last edited by whoop_ass; 12-01-2017 at 03:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 03:05 AM   #3
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

another fake news ?
BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 04:07 AM   #4
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

F82 europe It's present.
BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 07:25 AM   #5
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

It's True!

https://www.magicmotorsport.com/magp...ies-available/
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 07:27 AM   #6
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

drilling? hell no lol

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 1
Mb2423.50
      12-01-2017, 06:50 PM   #7
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

Let the fun begin!

http://www.***********.com/content.p...-M5-F13-M6-etc

BMW F-Series OBD-II port ECU flashing finally cracked - No more physical Siemens ECU unlocking necessary for F80 M3/F82 M4, F87 M2, F10 M5, F13 M6, etc
Published on 12-01-2017 07:42 PM

Tuners have flashed F-Series BMW models for some time now but they would require physical access to the ECU. That means you would have to remove your engine management computer and get it to the tuner somehow.

After they unlocked it, you could flash it. Well, no more. The F-Series is officially cracked with OBD-II tuning.

This means you can expect hand held flashing systems to come to market shortly. *********** will be detailing some of these systems in a subsequent article. Several tuners have contacted this site already on this topic:

We are about to launch a new chiptuning product for the latest versions of the BMW Fxx series that will undoubtedly be of major interest to your subscribers.

Expect this to spread like wildfire.

For those keeping score, the Infineon F-Series ECU's were first unlocked in December of 2014. It took three years to go from there to OBD-II port flashing.
Appreciate 2
      12-01-2017, 06:54 PM   #8
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
Expect this to spread like wildfire.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 09:00 PM   #9
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Siemens? LMAO we have Bosch computers not Siemens.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 09:52 AM   #10
NOLATom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I see on their website, the video has been removed from YouTube of the “how it works”.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 03:15 PM   #11
LongBeachDinanFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Coincidence MHD for F series is coming out soon and now this news? Very interesting.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 04:36 PM   #12
materialdistractions
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachDinanFan View Post
Coincidence MHD for F series is coming out soon and now this news? Very interesting.
It looks like we will still need to physically unlock the ECU first before flashing, so similar to BM3. I was hoping we were at the point were we could flash our ECUs without physically unlocking them similar to Cobb's Accessport.
      12-02-2017, 04:54 PM   #13
milk242
Captain
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by materialdistractions View Post
It looks like we will still need to physically unlock the ECU first before flashing, so similar to BM3. I was hoping we were at the point were we could flash our ECUs without physically unlocking them similar to Cobb's Accessport.

Isn’t the magic motor sport tool suppose to achieve that? Unlock boot without removing? Or are you talking about MHD?
Appreciate 2
Wywrot11.00
FSociety3811.50
      12-02-2017, 04:57 PM   #14
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

IF it's true that they managed to unlock the DME via OBD then that's good, but not great. If you read their notes on the announcement page, you'll see that to unlock you'll need their X17 system + cable which will cost about $8,000 (4,220 + 1,700 GBP) excluding shipping & tax.
https://www.chiptuningshop.co.uk/new...-obd-solution/

So only shops will potentially be buying this system, assuming what they're claiming is true. So we are still not at the point where you could buy a reasonably priced device for the consumer shipped to your home to unlock your DME. Not all shops will have/purchase this system, it will mostly be bigger shops like ones in Cali, Florida, NY etc. So for most people it's not a great solution yet as they won't have nearby shops that own this system to unlock their DME via OBD.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      12-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #15
ptper
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk242 View Post
Isn’t the magic motor sport tool suppose to achieve that? Unlock boot without removing? ...
Correct. I posed the same question to MMS. Their response was:

"We are tool producer only. You dont MUST buy files from us.
The system read open files (not encrypted) and you can send it to any tuner you want.
Its not so called SLAVE system.
We provide those services too, but only on request. You are free to choose the tuner."

If that is the case, game changer for sure. Hopefully, BM3, Hex, or whoever are all over this!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 07:44 PM   #16
SanchoDivine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLoOoSki View Post
IF it's true that they managed to unlock the DME via OBD then that's good, but not great. If you read their notes on the announcement page, you'll see that to unlock you'll need their X17 system + cable which will cost about $8,000 (4,220 + 1,700 GBP) excluding shipping & tax.
https://www.chiptuningshop.co.uk/new...-obd-solution/

So only shops will potentially be buying this system, assuming what they're claiming is true. So we are still not at the point where you could buy a reasonably priced device for the consumer shipped to your home to unlock your DME. Not all shops will have/purchase this system, it will mostly be bigger shops like ones in Cali, Florida, NY etc. So for most people it's not a great solution yet as they won't have nearby shops that own this system to unlock their DME via OBD.
I am reading that note differently than you.

The note on this announcement:
Get ready for a truly MAGIC Christmas Eve this year as we are preparing to deliver these protocols straight to your door just in time for the holidays. However, MAGPro2 X17 users will need to acquire our BMW Fxx Cable for MAGPro2 X17 to be able to work with their existing X17 tool.
To me it sounds like those who have the MAGPro2 X17 will still need to buy the cable (which appears to cost £145.00 for them) in order to be able to enable OBD unlock.

The product purchase page makes me think all you need is the cable, a computer, and an internet connection:

There's also two X17 tools (master/slave). I don't understand the difference but it seems the master already comes with the BMW ENET cable.

There have been a lot of flashing via OBD rumors recently. I'm really hoping this is true. If so, it should make it easy for BM3, HEX, etc to offer their tunes through any shop that owns one of these cables.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2017, 07:53 PM   #17
schnell1982
Captain
Rep
Drives: FAST

Quote:
Correct. I posed the same question to MMS. Their response was:

"We are tool producer only. You dont MUST buy files from us.
The system read open files (not encrypted) and you can send it to any tuner you want.
Its not so called SLAVE system.
We provide those services too, but only on request. You are free to choose the tuner."

If that is the case, game changer for sure. Hopefully, BM3, Hex, or whoever are all over this!
I assume that if this is legit, all "tuners" are looking into it.
Everyone uses similar tools and software platforms for tuning.
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a website where tuners buy pre-made tunes and label them their own.

Last edited by schnell1982; 12-02-2017 at 09:45 PM..
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      12-02-2017, 09:21 PM   #18
materialdistractions
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk242 View Post
Isn’t the magic motor sport tool suppose to achieve that? Unlock boot without removing? Or are you talking about MHD?
I was talking about MHD.
      12-03-2017, 02:25 AM   #19
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Great

Actually Price for USB Cable and Software for unlock, read-write MEVD17.2 and only BMW Fxx is 1900 euro
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 06:54 AM   #20
BuLoOoSki
Colonel
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchoDivine View Post
I am reading that note differently than you.

The note on this announcement:
Get ready for a truly MAGIC Christmas Eve this year as we are preparing to deliver these protocols straight to your door just in time for the holidays. However, MAGPro2 X17 users will need to acquire our BMW Fxx Cable for MAGPro2 X17 to be able to work with their existing X17 tool.
To me it sounds like those who have the MAGPro2 X17 will still need to buy the cable (which appears to cost £145.00 for them) in order to be able to enable OBD unlock.

The product purchase page makes me think all you need is the cable, a computer, and an internet connection:

There's also two X17 tools (master/slave). I don't understand the difference but it seems the master already comes with the BMW ENET cable.

There have been a lot of flashing via OBD rumors recently. I'm really hoping this is true. If so, it should make it easy for BM3, HEX, etc to offer their tunes through any shop that owns one of these cables.
You might be right, but I'm skeptical that all you need is their cable and software. The cable is simply an ENET cable, there is nothing more to it.
2015 BMW F80 M3: Tractive EDC Suspension / Dinan Anti-Roll Bars / GC Camber Plates / KMP Dual Diff Mount / Girodisc Rotors / GT4 Brake Cooling Kit / PTF Flash Tune / Eisenmann Downpipes / CSF Heat Exchanger / BMS Charge Pipes
2007 BMW E92 335i (SOLD): BMS JB4 / Quaife LSD / Riss Racing DPs / Helix Intercooler / BMS Intake / STETT Charge Pipe / Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 09:29 AM   #21
ptper
Major
Rep

Dear proTUNING Freaks and VF-Engineering,

Please get on this!

Thank you.

"That is a long list of models and motors so why are we putting this post in the S55 section? Because *********** knows of a tuner who will be using the Magic Motorsport handheld flasher to tune an F82 M4.

We intend to bring you those results as soon as write mode is enabled after December 24th.

Think of it this way, once the tuner complete their tune in theory they could send you that tune and you could flash your own M4 right at home. Now you see just how big of a deal this is.

How much is the system? European pricing is 1900 Euros: https://www.magicmotorsport.com/shop...x-obd-flasher/

Expect US pricing from dealers soon.

Keep in mind there are several features supported:

The big one there is the CVN fix. What this does is it makes it impossible for the dealer to know your ECU was tuned. Very nice for those who want peace of mind with potential warranty issues.

Expect more details as the flashing tools get out there later this month."
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 01:22 PM   #22
M4_MLT
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Dear proTUNING Freaks and VF-Engineering,

Please get on this!

Thank you.

"That is a long list of models and motors so why are we putting this post in the S55 section? Because *********** knows of a tuner who will be using the Magic Motorsport handheld flasher to tune an F82 M4.

We intend to bring you those results as soon as write mode is enabled after December 24th.

Think of it this way, once the tuner complete their tune in theory they could send you that tune and you could flash your own M4 right at home. Now you see just how big of a deal this is.

How much is the system? European pricing is 1900 Euros: https://www.magicmotorsport.com/shop...x-obd-flasher/

Expect US pricing from dealers soon.

Keep in mind there are several features supported:

The big one there is the CVN fix. What this does is it makes it impossible for the dealer to know your ECU was tuned. Very nice for those who want peace of mind with potential warranty issues.

Expect more details as the flashing tools get out there later this month."
This is for tuners. I have X17 flasher already. With this cable no more ecu removal. It will VR and then the master tuner will send a file and flash customers car via obd. No more ecu removal on any F series

So you need to find a tuner who has a magic motorsport magpro2 X17 flashing tool

2018 Audi RS3 ? on the way
Appreciate 0