BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-10-2024, 03:30 PM   #1
Saxonuk
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Charge pipe blown off.

Bought a approved used BMW M4 Comp 2019 less than a week ago and the back charge pipe popped (very loud) off the turbo, more concerning is that I see it was fitted with the wrong screw! Looks like the pipe pushed straight through the fixing. Is it safe to drive the car to garage like this?

I think I have lost confidence with the car seeing that wrong screw was fitted there, god knows what else has been fiddled with!

Looks like the front pipe has the correct screw.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2024, 04:00 PM   #2
NSX2M4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP- RIVIAN R1S QUAD

It's safe, you'll just have zero power and it'll sound like a jet turbine in the cabin. Just stay out of high boost and you'll be fine. The dealer will most likely need to re-tap the threads and install a new bolt. May as well get a spark plug change while it's happening if it hasn't been done already.
      02-10-2024, 04:56 PM   #3
Saxonuk
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Thanks for the advice! I definitely felt the loss of power! Ok, I'll make the trip tomorrow. Strange it was fitted with the wrong screw
Appreciate 0