Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

11-12-2016, 03:42 PM   #1
BimmerFix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Anyone running DP's with REMUS Resonated Mid-pipe

Basically what the title mentions. I'm curious if anyone is running this setup has any videos or thoughts on it. Most guys with Remus are either rocking the full system or just the axle-back. I've done some research, and haven't found anything concrete online. My current setup is ZCP exhaust, VRSF downpipes, and Hex tune. In which I can say, I'm pretty happy with so far. But I do wan't more volume & a deeper tone. I want to keep my stock rear, so Mid-pipes is my next upgrade. It's between Remus and AA, and I'm leaning more towards Remus because you can get it resonated. Also, I've heard catless dp's paired with AA midpipes on my friends m3. While I really like the sound, I'm not too crazy about it, It can get a bit high pitched and raspy. But thats to be expected when all cats and resonators are removed. Now mind you hes running Zima dp's on a non-zcp m3 rear. So how different AA's would sound with my car, who knows really. Which is why I think a resonated mid pipe would be best, and I think the general consensus agrees.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 03:23 AM   #2
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 ///M3 AW/SO/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post
Basically what the title mentions. I'm curious if anyone is running this setup has any videos or thoughts on it. Most guys with Remus are either rocking the full system or just the axle-back. I've done some research, and haven't found anything concrete online. My current setup is ZCP exhaust, VRSF downpipes, and Hex tune. In which I can say, I'm pretty happy with so far. But I do wan't more volume & a deeper tone. I want to keep my stock rear, so Mid-pipes is my next upgrade. It's between Remus and AA, and I'm leaning more towards Remus because you can get it resonated. Also, I've heard catless dp's paired with AA midpipes on my friends m3. While I really like the sound, I'm not too crazy about it, It can get a bit high pitched and raspy. But thats to be expected when all cats and resonators are removed. Now mind you hes running Zima dp's on a non-zcp m3 rear. So how different AA's would sound with my car, who knows really. Which is why I think a resonated mid pipe would be best, and I think the general consensus agrees.
I have DP's with full remus non resonated cat back and i am beyond upset at the raspiness/buss from low rpm shifting. Im thinking of switching to resonated mid pipes but idk if that will even help. I basically sound worse than a moped. My only other option is to switch to AWE or but my stock back on. Disappointment is a huge understatement in this case.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 11:59 AM   #3
NorCal f80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdubf80 View Post
I basically sound worse than a moped. .
man I was laughing out loud for about 30 seconds reading that. its so true. I have a couple friends that did not buy an f8x just for that reason. Im not sure how to make this car sound good.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 12:02 PM   #4
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 BSM X5///MC

Quote:
Quote:
I have DP's with full remus non resonated cat back and i am beyond upset at the raspiness/buss from low rpm shifting. Im thinking of switching to resonated mid pipes but idk if that will even help. I basically sound worse than a moped. My only other option is to switch to AWE or but my stock back on. Disappointment is a huge understatement in this case.
Multiple posts throughout the forum (vendor and non) advising not to run non-res Remus with DP's for that reason. Who did you buy the setup from?

Get yourself the resonated mid-pipes and problem mostly solved.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 01:23 PM   #5
BimmerFix
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

Quote:
Just throw your stock downpipes on and see how you like it. Should be substantially different tone and sound. But if it were me, and I love my dp's. I would just buy the resonated vers., sell your non-res, and recoup some of your losses. Theres a group buy on the forums for the Remus mid-pipes, I'm hoping that goes through soon , so members can post videos of their setups.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 02:08 PM   #6
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
Multiple posts throughout the forum (vendor and non) advising not to run non-res Remus with DP's for that reason. Who did you buy the setup from?

Get yourself the resonated mid-pipes and problem mostly solved.
I was aware of the issue but i needed the dp for my tune. I am currently on the group buy for the mid pipes. Im just not sure if the resonated will solve this issue. Nobody has done it that i know of...

Last edited by hdubf80; 11-13-2016 at 02:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2016, 02:09 PM   #7
hdubf80
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just throw your stock downpipes on and see how you like it. Should be substantially different tone and sound. But if it were me, and I love my dp's. I would just buy the resonated vers., sell your non-res, and recoup some of your losses. Theres a group buy on the forums for the Remus mid-pipes, I'm hoping that goes through soon , so members can post videos of their setups.
I had my stock downpipes on before i added catless. I loved the sound it was my favorite exhaust sound. And im part of the group buy i just wanna make sure this will fix the problem...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2016, 06:27 PM   #8
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
REMUS have been very clear about not running catless + non-res

I strongly recommend you get the resonated midpipe instead

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2017, 05:53 PM   #9
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep

Bumping this back up.

Do any of the vendors have sound clips or feedback from guys running DP's, and the full Remus CBE with the resonated MP's? Anyone on here running that setup?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 04:17 AM   #10
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Non res. Remus midpipe and oem ZCP sounds great.

Idk how dp would be sound with non res. Remus and stock ZCP exhaust... may the rasp is only with the full Remus setup?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 07:31 AM   #11
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figurka View Post
Non res. Remus midpipe and oem ZCP sounds great.

Idk how dp would be sound with non res. Remus and stock ZCP exhaust... may the rasp is only with the full Remus setup?
Thanks. This is more about running downpipe's and the remus axleback. In out of the box form, catless DP's and full Remus is probably the worst sounding combo comparing it against anything with a motor.

The hope was that the resonated MP would kill the buzzing you get, but I've yet to find a video or hear about anyone running the resonated MP's with the rest of the setup. Looking for that feedback here.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 07:55 AM   #12
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

The AA midpipe should get rid of most of the rasp/buzz. It'll have lots of cracks, but that's not to be confused with rasp.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 04:52 PM   #13
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy View Post
The AA midpipe should get rid of most of the rasp/buzz. It'll have lots of cracks, but that's not to be confused with rasp.
I know.

Looking for actual feedback. Thanks.
Appreciate 0