GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

03-22-2018, 01:18 AM   #23
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
Nothing wrong with the car it seems and price is good. Sure they say there is always a better deal out there, but in reality it never comes. Summer is coming, take the car and enjoy it (provided you do the inspection of the bumper work)
I agree with your sentiments. Ive been searching every day and its not the like theres that one car out there in the US that has every feature you want... Unless you buy new to your specs.

At this point, its got one of the most important features to me, the transmission, then color.

Ive been thinking exec is nice but not that necessary. Only want the HUD come to think of it.

I'll take the advice for the fellow member and yours with the paint meter and asking about overspray on the other panels and hopefully things will pan out for the best.

I think asking a authorized dealership if I could PPI it would result in a laugh in the face or am I wrong? Or is it even necessary?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 10:12 AM   #24
Brasko
#LSBM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
If the car is at a BMW dealership, they should be able (and courteous) to have a guy from their paint shop walk over with a paint meter and take a few samples from the bumper, fender and hood.

I had the body shop at the BMW I purchased my first M3 from run a paint meter over the entire vehicle. That ultimately qualified my suspicions about the individual paint and led to a replacement vehicle.

/// M3
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 10:32 AM   #25
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep

Brasko

First off, fantastic color F80.

In my situation, the BMW dealer does have its certified paint and body shop but its in a different city. Therefore I don't know if they could walk over in the same day/hour sorta thing.

A past post mentions the used Sales Manager may have one so I will have to sought that option first. Im thinking if they did disclose the damage from the get go rather than not, its kind of a better situation to begin with.
Appreciate 1
Brasko1420.00
      03-22-2018, 10:35 AM   #26
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

I'd say go for it. If there is no report of any accidents, I would just commend the dealer for being up-front about the disclosure. Between the options you want, YMB, 6MT, and Exec pack, the Exec pack is the most expendable. The only thing the Exec pack had of interest to me was the comfort access and rear view cam. Rear view cam is super easy to retro-fit. I did not option the Exec Pack myself. Also, if this car doesn't have adaptive suspension and you plan to get coils, that's a big plus. No need to code out or get an additional module to trick the EDC. If you plan to keep her for a while, the cloth seats/stripper car will hold value better, and require less maintenance. And yes, I agree, YMB + 6MT is hard to find locally. GL!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 10:48 AM   #27
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketBoots View Post
I'd say go for it. If there is no report of any accidents, I would just commend the dealer for being up-front about the disclosure. Between the options you want, YMB, 6MT, and Exec pack, the Exec pack is the most expendable. The only thing the Exec pack had of interest to me was the comfort access and rear view cam. Rear view cam is super easy to retro-fit. I did not option the Exec Pack myself. Also, if this car doesn't have adaptive suspension and you plan to get coils, that's a big plus. No need to code out or get an additional module to trick the EDC. If you plan to keep her for a while, the cloth seats/stripper car will hold value better, and require less maintenance. And yes, I agree, YMB + 6MT is hard to find locally. GL!
Why would cloth seats keep value better? I think it is the opposite.
But I do like cloth seats and consider having them in my next car.

Sorry op I don't mean to take over the thread, just curious.
      03-22-2018, 11:00 AM   #28
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for your advice!

Im with you on the exec pack.

Only reason it sticks in my mind is i'm coming from a 11.5 e92m3 that had some of those features (PDC/comfort) and going to a 4.5 year newer car... I "kinda" want some new tech.

And yes agreed with adaptive and cloth. My e92 was competition and within a year I was on coils deeming the package useless. And not a make or break deal whatsoever with leather. Cloth was in my last and looked and felt great.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 03:46 PM   #29
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

Quote:

Historically, cloth seats end up being more desirable in M cars. I have no idea why Maybe because it's much more rare, or it's more ///Motorsport, or purist, or whatever. I mean, look at the 911R. I've always like the cloth seats n all the M3's.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 04:21 PM   #30
UGADawgFan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GT3, B9 S4, E92 M3, G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingLow78 View Post
Wow, THIS. I just got done with the test drive after coding mine and
No joke- this is my favorite feature on the entire car. Just amazing.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 04:52 PM   #31
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Quote:

Historically, cloth seats end up being more desirable in M cars. I have no idea why Maybe because it's much more rare, or it's more ///Motorsport, or purist, or whatever. I mean, look at the 911R. I've always like the cloth seats n all the M3's.
As a rarity I guess but functionally leather is a better product and it holds much better over time. Yes in 911R, but then who drives 911R? These cars are collector items stay in garage and get driven 3 times per year. M cars in majority are daily drivers so my concern is despite liking cloth, will it survive DD duties, kids, etc. thus the market is expecting leather because it is luxurious, more $$$, and longer lasting.
For example, I could barely sell my previous 3series car b/c while RWD with manual transmission, sporty staggered summer wheels and minimal bells and whistle is only looked by enthusiasts (who often don't have money). The general public is turned off by the need to swap wheels for winter and summer, and lack of navigation, manual gearbox, and rwd tech, not to mention sporty suspension.
      03-22-2018, 05:51 PM   #32
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

You have cloth seats on this stripper M3 , pass its going to be tough to sell
      03-22-2018, 06:28 PM   #33
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
I don't plan on ever selling my M cars. That wasn't mentioned before. I wouldn't be coming to this platform if I had my prior but it got totaled via rear ended into a pickup.

Although my statement above may change... it's a solid may. If anything, I would bite the bullet and trade it in.

Appreciate your input though.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 08:50 PM   #34
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Ok you are convinced about the car , so go ahead and buy it , no need to get more opinions then
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 09:39 PM   #35
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep

Pretty much
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 10:49 PM   #36
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
My '15 F80 had only DCT, enhanced bluetooth, rear sunshades and HK stereo.. pretty closed to stripped down.

The part that made is super hard to sell was actually lack of rear camera, not the cloth seats

by the way, the cloth seats were pretty much invincible. I think the leather are a tougher/lower quality kind too on the bolsters, so no wear after 2yr.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 06:15 PM   #37
E46M3forRay
Güdentyte
Rep
Drives: GT3 & 1M

Garage List
2023 Model 3  [6.50]
2022 T4R TRD Pro  [5.00]
2011 1M  [6.67]
2014 991.1 GT3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia View Post
First off, fantastic color F80.

In my situation, the BMW dealer does have its certified paint and body shop but its in a different city. Therefore I don't know if they could walk over in the same day/hour sorta thing.
Is this the one at concord bmw? I’ve seen them dropped the price so many times and had a feeling there may have been some type of a body damage. Thanks for confirming as I had been eye balling that same car as well. IIRC, It’s been sitting on their lot for about 3 months and you could probably use that to your advantage on the negotiation table and knock it down another grand.

Btw, they have their own body shop and it’s only a couple blocks out. It’s on the other side of the freeway.

SOLD - MB M2 CS | SMB F80 M3 CS | E90 M3 | E90 335i | E46 M3 Vert | E39 M5 | E34 525i
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 07:36 PM   #38
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M3forRay View Post
Is this the one at concord bmw? I’ve seen them dropped the price so many times and had a feeling there may have been some type of a body damage. Thanks for confirming as I had been eye balling that same car as well. IIRC, It’s been sitting on their lot for about 3 months and you could probably use that to your advantage on the negotiation table and knock it down another grand.

Btw, they have their own body shop and it’s only a couple blocks out. It’s on the other side of the freeway.
Yes. The fine line with going with your hearts desire, then the internet and it's opinions and thoughts lol.

Well uhhhhh body damage huh? This is your whim I assume though. I called and tried to investigate but take that for what its worth. This is why I may ask if Im allowed to PPI. But being at the main dealership, I am open to expect a no straight away. Could be wrong. Also I expect most viewers seeing that disclosure like me and walking away immediately hence the three months its sitting.

Thanks for the tip on the Body shop.

If I follow through, id have it transferred to weatherford cause i'm not a fan of their salesman at concord with a previous car.
Appreciate 0